Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration HAMB MEMBER SIGN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Me when I was about 15: "Grandpa, how come you don't hang out with all your 'ole car buddy's anymore, you talk about all the fun you used to have with them?"

Grandpa: "Well, they are all like a bunch of old ladies. They fight, bicker and complain about everything."

hahaha good times!

Put me down for one and I'll come visit this summer, bruh!

2. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

The HRR was where I met alot of folks. Denise, hotrodladycruser , on here use to hold the Meet and Greets there and several other events. She had banners made up for specifically for each event. Sadly she doesn't seem to have the time to attend as many as she use to.

3. I look forward to it youngin', polish up on your dart throwing before you get here ;)

chryslerfan55 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  4. The camaraderie is my favorite part of the big venues, and i can understand getting older and not having the time or the energy to keep up with all of the shows. Perfect reason for someone else to step up and carry it on. After all, isn't that what tradition is? If we all die and nobody picks it up and carries on, it becomes legend, no longer tradition. Bet your ass there will be a free beer and a hand shake if you see me out anywhere.

5. Hey Lloyd,,,,is there gonna be dart throwing !
    Sounds like fun times for all,,,!

Tommy

Boneyard51 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There used to be regular meet n greets. No ceremony, just we're here at this time on this spot sorta gig. There's sometimes local or isolated gigs but that doesn't happen as often as it used to. Some folks I've met here I haven't seen or spoken to in person for quite some time, but then when we meet again just pick up where we left off last time. ScottyT is one of those, good folk, good stuff, but mostly being on a board makes communication and socializing easy. Great fuel mileage too :eek: A sign? I might be down for something. I'd use it at Hershey, the local swaps, Autorama, etc. I've promised myself not to set up visiting time at Hershey in advance ever again. 3 times in a row shit happens where I can't leave the spot.

7. Oh I'll bring a dart board to the reunion, but whoever is parked behind the board might get a little upset lmao!!!

8. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll supply the dartboard...with a picture of a LS-1 on it:D

Count me in for one also. It's fine thing you're doing here Lloyd...thumbs up man:)

9. Scotty is definitely good people :D he's helped me so much in 2 months of being a member here. I can't thank him enough. But I'll get my chance to make it up to him :cool:

10. Thanks big guy, i appreciate that. :)

11. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Lloyd, I’d be interested if license plate size is your final decision, great idea, be positive!
    Dave

12. I'll stop in the print shop in the morning after i drop the princess off at school and see what options they have. Then I'll report back to Ryan. Once he gives me the thumbs up I'll post it on here. Who knows what they're gonna say. I've seen websites that have good deals also but i always trade local when i can.

13. You know the good thing out of all of this ?

I know Ryan is watching this,,,,,and seeing the enthusiasm from so many of us out here.

Maybe he hasn’t done this already because he didn’t realize the demand would be out here.
    And for him to do this,,it would take some capital outlay,,,,to do it right,,and with his name on it.
    Maybe ,,just maybe,,,,Lloyd will help jumpstart some interest here and even help improve the young guys getting involved in our car culture,,,so to speak.
    A lot are always saying how the young guys are not interested in old cars anymore,,,,,maybe because they have never been introduced to it,,,sounds reasonable to me.
    If you want to have friends,,,sometimes you have to offer your hand in friendship!

And to think ,,,Ryan is not a greedy business man at all !
    All he ask is,,,in an around about way is,,,,” I am okay with it as long you are not trying to screw me “.
    Sounds pretty darn fair to me .

Tommy

14. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Lloyd, if they charge you more for, , say a better sign and it’s a few bucks apiece, I for one wouldn’t mind including a couple of dollars with the shipping.

Bones

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  15. There Should be a meet-up at GNRS" Chily Phil"... I go almost every day, every year and I know quite a few HAMB'ers are going and go to this event every year... I have a couple of friends who have Vendor Booths this year, I'm sure any one of them would welcome a meet-up there...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. haha... I Agree with Lloyd... I'm all in!

chryslerfan55 and 427 sleeper like this.
  18. scoop

scoop

Have an area on the sign where the member can put his or her name on it.

19. There use to be a small notation on the opening page of the HAMB saying "Steal our stuff - we'll kick your teeth in."
    But Ryan has said it's Ok so..........it's ok
    Here's a variation ......... HAMBdragssign.jpg

20. Wow.
    I always make my own signs, store logos, vehicle lettering, banners etc.
    Does this mean that if I show up with my own H.A.M.B. banner I can go home with a collection of great autographs on it?
    If I can do that, I would love to make a big selfi-taking H.A.M.B. background banner, and charge a one-autograph-donation on the honor system for use of the selfie background for selfie pics.
    Does that sound like a fair
    0$ trade?

WHY BE ORDINARY ?

chryslerfan55 and Boneyard51 like this.
  21. Well thanks to a guy named Gary Bays, most of my upper teeth are fake movie star teeth :D He made me a much prettier man ;) damn that guy was fast!

22. Screenshot_20200112-164057.jpeg

Who would I ask for permission to use the same logo for a "please sign my autograph banner" like this that I can take to Speedweek for autographs, free selfies for anyone who wants to take a selfie with a cool background?

WHY BE ORDINARY ?

23. I'd say Ryan, he owns the trademark

Boneyard51 likes this.
  24. does he watch this?
    or do I have to find an "admin" button somewhere?
    I'm not very well versed in this.
    Sorry for the dumb question.

WHY BE ORDINARY ?

chryslerfan55 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  25. Don’t worry,,,Ryan is always watching,,,he just doesn’t step in unless he has too.
    That is one of the things that makes this place so appealing,,,,no heavy handed top guy,,,,just fair and honest.
    Oh yeah,,,,”Steal his stuff,,,and he’ll kick your teeth in “.
    Fair enough.

Tommy

26. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

Lloyd, I'll take one of the signs too. I think its a good idea. It would be interesting to see how many people who don't know about the HAMB might join after asking what the sign was about.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  27. -Brent-

-Brent-

Posting for the couple guys that msg'd on IG and FB (not on JJ, though?)... anyway, I'm sorry if I came off as a dick. My intentions were likely to the same level as Lloyd's.

So you get where I was coming from, I saw offers for different art, buying, etc., and I spoke up as I hope anyone would.

Immediately I sent a PM over to Lloyd after he clarified and set everyone straight. I even offered a tag here in the thread. My hope is people don't get so blinded by asking questions and sharing their opinion.

I hope these signs do get people meeting up and making friends. That's a great thing. Some of my good pals came from JJ and other forums I belong to. It's not easy to make great pals as a grown man!

Anyway, thanks for the concern, I didn't lose my mind. I have the ability to speak up and also see others opinions (and adjust my own). Cool? Cool.

28. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got that "movie star" smile too:D...for the very same reason...different guy though...

427 sleeper likes this.
  29. I never knew what bob and weave meant until after that :rolleyes: Lmao!

30. But i fucked his hand up good ;)