Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration HAMB MEMBER SIGN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Jan 11, 2020.

1. My name is Lloyd and I'm a hamb member :D Since i joined i have met some awesome members, I've gotten a bunch of messages from guys welcoming me and just talking about cars in general. It's surprising how many of you attend the same car events that i do. I always put up my canopy and bring extra chairs at every show i attend. I've always got my grill and lots of cold drinks. I've met lots of great car guys and shared so many stories! This always makes me look forward to going back each and every year. Me and scottyt was having a conversation about what if we had a sign that you could stick in the ground in front of your car with the HAMB logo on it, because now it makes me wonder how many of you I've met or walked by your car, and now that i know you on here, how cool it would be to put a face with the nickname? I contacted Ryan about this, and he gave me permission to move on it so long as nobody profits from the logo. I even asked him if it's something he would be interested in having made and selling in the store. Kinda like a small yard sign that politicians use. Because i would buy one. My question is, am i the only one that thinks this is a good idea? If Ryan doesn't want to move on this I'll get a quote from the print shop and post it and front the cost. Either way, I think it would be a cool way to identify each other everywhere we go, as well as promote the hamb and the traditional beliefs. Might even gain some members from it when they ask what the sign means. Chime in and let me know....

2. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Shirts and hats work or tag toppers. I have the decal on the windshield. Around here no one knows or asks about it. Meet and greet works at the bigger events. I like the thinking though. Always like meeting fellow members.

3. Great idea,,,,,,,
    Also,,,what if Ryan made a vinyl decal,,,,you know,,,like the static cling type like a oil change sticker,,,,,about the size of a sheet of paper.
    You could place it on the glass,,,,,and later peel it right back off.

Tommy

4. Chainsaw chipper

Chainsaw chipper
    from Illinois

I'd be in for one that looks like the tag topper .Ken

5. That's what I'm thinking, the logo at the top of this page on a white board.

Copper Top and Darryl Deir like this.
  6. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

I think it's a great idea! I don't attend very many shows, but would buy one to hang in the shop, and for sure use it at the shows I do attend. I get a lot of people stopping by my shop when the big door is open, due to my location facing the street. Would help to spread the H.A.M.B. gospel.

7. Hey Lloyd,
    Don’t forget to remind me when the Bowling Green show comes up,,,I am gonna try to make it.
    Remember,,,,I am supposed to buy the first round of ice cream,,,,Lol.

Tommy

Darryl Deir likes this.
  8. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^^^^^^^ What Doublepumper said.

9. Absolutely! You think this fat kid would miss out on you buying me some butter pecan :D I'll buy the second round and fix you free hot dogs lol

10. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I’m in! I ordered a banner the other day with just H.A.M.B. on it for my camp site during Speed Week at Bonneville this Summer! I plan on putting it up every time I camp, anywhere.
    Great idea. Maybe several different things would work, say signs, banners, decals etc. Different strokes for different folks!

Bones

11. I'm generally a staple at the hot rod reunion and Louisville, yeah i know about Louisville, but it's not all street rods. Having a 57 Chevy means i won't be at the follies, but i plan on attending the tri five nationals and hopefully drag week in Indy. That's about all i attend. Other than the hoodlums in the hollar and the cynthiana rod run. Those are local shows. Good people and good times

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. I'd like to have a banner. Where did you get it from and how much?

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

THE PNW Hambers have done a few meets and greats at different events. One of the guys grilled hot dogs at the Portland Swap meet one year and a bunch of us got together and We met at a member's booth at Billetproof at Centralia one year.
    A HAMB shirt does go a long way for folks to find you at events and sometimes brings out comments like "I only go on the HAMB to Check the classifieds. You get that a lot at swap meets.
    A sign hanging on your shade canopy probably would catch the eye of members especially if you post the location of where you will be parked at an event. Check your pm's in a bit.
    Around here a lot of guys tend to park in the same spot at events every year and folks know where to find them. Not sure if that is a trend in your area though.
    I'd say letting folks on the board that you are going to be at an event and would like to do a meet and greet at a certain time and then posting where you are located on the grounds (a photo helps here) would go a long ways.

14. I honestly believe Ryan has it covered, with stickers,decals, tag toppers, shift knobs, hats & shirts and various other hamb swag I'm not convinced it would be a good idea, I do like the idea of a banner like 4 Finger Frankie fly's at the swap meet. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I requested it from an online site gave them what I wanted, the Hamb banner, and another banner with “ Bones” in bold letters, and Muskogee, Oklahoma in smaller letters on it. I requested for them to design it and get back with me on their “ contact” site. So far I haven’t heard from them. Only did this two days ago, but I didn’t think it would take this long. Now I can’t find where I sent the request! It didn’t transfer to my “ sent email” .. So I guess I’m going to have to start over. There are a lot of online companies that offer this service.
    I think I might contact a local guy that does this, now.

Edit: the 3x5 banner was priced at $28.50, but I wasn’t sure if that included the print?

Bones

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  16. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

How about a poster of lonejacklarry's avatar with the H A M B logo on the back of her shirt. On second thought most guys would not even notice.;) I would like one Lloyd, I would use it at Back to the 50's and at my swap spaces at Jefferson Wi. Let me know the cost. Larry

Darryl Deir and Boneyard51 like this.
  17. I don't stop to look at every car at a show. If a car "screams badass" i stop to look at it. I'm just saying that if i see something that identifies you as a member here, I'd like to meet you. Doesn't mean I'm gonna check 2000-12000 shift knobs lol

18. Did you clear the banner with Ryan, it is a trade marked item and you sure don't want to piss him off, I honestly believe what he says. HRP

Copyright © 1995-2020 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in.

19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

a vinyl banner that can be rolled up, about 8" high by 24" long with eyelets in corners - could be used in multiple ways from hanging on shop wall, to pop-up at races or shows might sell here

Darryl Deir and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  20. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I didn’t think of that. Maybe it’s a good thing that they didn’t get back to me. I’ll wait till this idea grows into a buyable item. And buy from that. I’ve got a few months till I venture out. It’s still winter here.

Hopefully they will show up in the H.A.M.B. store. I ordered the H.A.M.B. decal set a week or so ago, got them, real nice, but really too small to catch someone’s eye at a camp site! Just right for your car, though.

Bones

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  21. It would absolutely sell here,,,,,If shift knobs sell out,,,why not banners.
    Also,,,,it would give the young guys a conversation piece get other young guys to ask about.
    Great idea I think ,,,!
    I would like one like the red and white decal here,,,,it looks like an old car emblem.

Tommy

22. Bad Bob used to bring an EZ Up with the HAMB logo to all the So Cal meets. He used to host a get together for HAMBers. We all signed it. I don't see him around here anymore but that shouldn't stop someone from doing that again. The get togethers were a blast. I used to bring a big ol' pot of chili and everyone brought something for the grill. Just do it.

23. I would stand in line to purchase a HAMB banner, most of us have a place to hang out with friends at shows, a canopy is a ideal place to hang a banner and can be seen from a good way off.

logo.png

I would also like to see Ryan offer this old decal on a T shirt. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    nunattax, BigO, 6-bangertim and 18 others like this.
  24. -Brent-

-Brent-

I met Bob K because of his banner. Hell, Bob's license plate on his convertible was HAMB.

25. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Yes, hopefully this happens! Maybe in various sizes, too!

Bones

26. I like the idea of a sign or banner at your camp/hang out at the events. I've got a tag topper and various stickers but they are small and tasteful not in your face like a banner or sign.

27. I seldom (if ever advertise who I am) if most HAMB members actually knew they would walk the other way. If we meet chat and you like me its because you like me not because of any affiliation with any group or club. Works for me.

That said it is a good idea for most of the people reading this thread. Comradery is a good thing and common ground makes for a good ice breaker.

28. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

It is surprising how many will spot small HAMB logos. I have a small decal on my windshield and a tag topper on the back of my truck. Several guys have come up and introduced themselves just because of that.

Also I would contact @Ryan before having anything printed up. Trade mark infringement is a serious no no.

29. Man,,,,I am blown away,,,,I always just assumed Ryan already had a banner made.
    Great idea to me,,,, !

Like Danny suggested,,,I believe the old decal would make a great shirt as well.

Tommy

30. I made this one a couple of years back. It hangs in my garage. People have wanted to buy it, but it will stay where it is so I don't get arrested.:rolleyes:
    IMG_9838.JPG IMG_9840.JPG