Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Calif is again trying to ban gasoline powered cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Binkman, Jan 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Binkman

Binkman

The chair of CARB in California , Mary Nichols is going to reintroduce legislation to eliminate gasoline powered gars in Calif by 2040.
    They will stop at nothing to get the old gasoline powered cars off the roads first and then all cars except for electic cars.
    The legislation failed last year but is being reintroduced in a slightly modified form this year.
    I have no idea how much more Califonian's will put up with.
    Driving my hot rod is one of the things I still appreciate and look forward to.
    I apologize in advance if this is too contorversial or politically incorect for this forum.
    I thought car people should know what is headed their way.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Bandit Billy and Austin kays like this.
  2. lostviking

lostviking

I can't get out of California fast enough, but need to wait a few more years for retirement. Seems a lot of people agree as last year, again, more people left California than moved here. Wonder how the politicians will like their State, when they are the only ones paying taxes for their friends to live off of?

3. RmK57

RmK57

Are they talking about new car sales and slowly fazing out gas engines on the dealer lots?

4. Scootin

Scootin

This legislation is always about NEW cars. Nothing with old or used. Not that big of a deal honestly.

nochop likes this.

5. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

And what of the oil refineries?

6. Binkman

Binkman

Looks like a lot more than "nothing really" to me.

“That might mean, for example, tougher requirements for low-carbon fuels, looking at tighter health-protective regulations on California refineries, doubling down on our enforcement efforts on mobile and stationary sources — and might lead to an outright ban on internal-combustion engines,” according to the remarks obtained by Bloomberg News.

Are e-bikes the answer to health, traffic and environmental issues?

“It’s time that we clear the path for emissions-free transportation and take significant steps to achieve our ambitious emissions reduction goals," Assemblyman Phil Ting, a San Francisco Democrat, said in a statement at the time.

The California New Car Dealers Association opposed the measure, saying the state lacked enough public charging stations to keep all those electrics on the road, that the bill didn't take into account the valuable role played by gas-electric hybrid vehicles and that it was too hard to mandate rules on vehicle sales more than 20 years in the future.

Already, California is the nation's leader in the sale of electric cars. The association says more than 500,000 are on the road.

Electric cars like Rivian, Tesla, Jaguar offer unique storage spaces

Some experts agree the timing isn't yet right to talk about a gasoline-free future.

"California has always been a visionary when it comes to 'green' cars," said Ron Cogan, publisher of the Green Car Journal.

"It's not surprising there are elements in government who want to move us away from internal-combustion cars." But "given the high cost of electric cars and that a great majority of entry-level buyers can't afford them, it's too early about talk about taking gas-powered cars off the road," Cogan said.

Given the charging challenge and other issues, "so many things have to happen before that is financially or fundamentally possible," he added

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

all the more reason to get out and drive 'em while you can

8. RmK57

RmK57

I don't have problem with it then. For a day to day commuter I'd drive an electric car. As far as gas engines in old cars there's enough to go around for the next 100 years, at least. It may even make gas cheaper because of a glut.

leon bee and Nitroholic like this.
  9. Mimilan

Mimilan

Bandit Billy likes this.
  10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My cars are all hybrids. They burn gasoline and rubber!

X-cpe, uncleandy 65, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  11. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

winduptoy and Nitroholic like this.
  12. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Hell they are trying to ban cows. Whole bunch of stupid out there.

Saxman likes this.
  13. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

I don't understand how some of these idiots get voted in.... Some of them multiple times...

Deuces, Saxman and lake_harley like this.
  14. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

That's funny and the truth.

Deuces likes this.
  15. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’ll be here until I die 75 now and born here. With all electric cars we will need more polluting power plants. Refineries will be here because they feed the pipelines going east.

Democrats freebie promises and the weather keeps folks here especially the homeless. Not to many homeless in North Dakota...

jnaki likes this.
  16. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Talk to some younger people about this sometime. We're not in Kansas any more.

17. slowmotion

slowmotion

Nice place to visit, but...

Deuces likes this.
  18. Daron Craig

Daron Craig

California sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raven likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.