Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The 2020 List: What you gonna do? Where you gonna go?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The 2020 List: What you gonna do? Where you gonna go?

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

chryslerfan55 and Tim like this.
  2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Seriously I need to sell my 1927 T Tudor (actually get it listed ):oops: Clear out my rafters and get rid of parts. Find an old truck for shop use and get it going for an everyday driver. I need to slow down on non auto projects so I can focus on that goal.:)

3. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

Continue building more cars, even though i say i'm going to quit. :)

stubbsrodandcustom likes this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For me it is get the shop done enough that I can actually work inside on a cement floor rather than outside in the dirt.
    I've got enough parts stashed away for the 48 that I should be able to have a finished rolling chassis and have the cab pretty well under way.
    I also have enough pieces collected to get the Model A pretty well under way if I have a place to work on it.
    No road trip events this year outside of maybe going to Bonneville if I get something together to go in. I flat spent too much last year. If I went by my self I could do it without blowing the budget.

29EHV8 and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

6. Well, the last quarter of 2019 was devoted to prepping to sell our house, listing, showing, selling, and buying a new house, then unpacking and doing some remodeling, with Christmas jammed into the middle of it.

All truck stuff was put on hold, so my goals for 2020 include clearing all the boxes out of the garage to get the truck into its spot, get my 235 finished up and ready to swap in, the doing the swap. Ideally I'd get all that done before LSRU so I can drive it, but at this point I don't see that happening- My buddy has a client's car in the space we plan to work in at his place. My family stays busy, I work slow, and I don't force myself to stress out over deadlines I impose upon myself, so if we can get the swap done before the summer heat, I'll be happy.

Then I just wanna drive the damned thing more than I do.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. My 2020 will be slammed trying to finish two father/son projects before the end of November. And, when my oldest son turns 16 in June, he has a plan to go to about every traditional hot rod or custom related event in the country. However, he also has very limited funds, so we will see how much of that we can fit in especially considering project number two needs to be done by late November which takes time and money for the second son who will be 16 then... Sounds like more time building than attending events, but will roll with whatever happens this year.

chryslerfan55 and slim38 like this.
  8. jim snow

jim snow

Concentrating on getting heat in the coupe. Then on to the Jalopyrama and Steel in Motion in May. Hershey in October. Snowman

lothiandon1940 and pprather like this.
  9. Voh

Voh

We are trying to get outChevy on the road. We had set the Roundup as a deadline, but will see.

10. chiro

chiro

Finishing touches on the Model A sedan to coupe conversion. Spring and fall Carlisle, Hershey, TROG, Hot Rod Fall Out and move my over-taxed ass out of NY to VA. Road trips for the vehicles to our new home in VA.
    Andy

11. Bluedot

Bluedot

Bodywork and paint on my only hobby car, a '40 Ford Standard Tudor. Then interior. I hope. I am v-e-r-y s-l-o-w, dunno how some of you guys keep up with multiple projects at a time. I turn 75 this summer, gotta stay in track if I expect to drive this thing before they take the keys away from me, haha. My Dad turns 102 this year, drove until 98, so hopefully my genes will allow some time yet.
    The good news: the smell of bondo in the morning. :p

12. Rewire the T, install a new turtle deck and fuel tank, find some steel wheels for the wide white walls I have, and paint...

Hit a few shows such as; Spring Fling, Cruisin OC, Jalopyrama, and hopefully TROG.

13. brjnelson

brjnelson

I plan on spending alot of time in Wisconsin this year July Iola Swapmeet then race my Banger at the Sanford Field Showdown and after that the Miller Meet at The Milwaukee Mile for the 100 year anniversary of Harry Miller race cars.

neverdun and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Gonna get my vic road worthy enought for the trek to TROG

15. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Few road worthy things to finish on my 53... Then make the trek to Roundup, few other shows and places in Texas, Maybe even venture over to Bayou Roundup end of the year. Last year was the building year on this car, going to do a few things here and there, time to enjoy some seat time and enjoy having room in a classic for the first time in years.

16. 2935ford

2935ford

Finish up on my '28 Tudor. Finish up on my '29 Coupe........cleanup the garage and time to slow down!
    I hope to be doing way more driving this year and a lot less wrenching.

17. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Get off my ASS and finish the delivery ! Then just head out somewhere
    for a road trip, It don't matter where.

WillyKJr likes this.
  18. I am retiring in May. I have plans to get some OT cars off my driveway, do some projects around the home and garage. I need to lose most of the loft in the garage, anything in it will be chucked. I have the local beach and pool at home so I can cool off. One year I'd like to attend SEMA or GNRS and maybe hit Bonneville.

19. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Gonna get my coupe finished, I retired on Dec 30th so have got the time now. Hoping to get to the CHRR this year, planning a trip along PCH. Thats a long way from here.

20. Retiring in October. After I take care of some around the house honey-dos gonna get back on that A-V8 coupe that got interrupted by the Bonneville car.

21. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Going to attend Bonneville Speed week for the first time!

Bones

22. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

My 2020 bucket list is to continue trying to sell my deuce delivery and pu???????? Driving my 40 coupe from Nebraska to the LARS. I realize I sold my deuce lakester project to Dale Grau and he's knocking it out of the park but that at the age of almost 75 I'm getting more bored with myself even though I'm still selling T5 kits and components I need to start another project. Thinking about a deuce roadster even though I have a real one in the museum and this time making it a little more traditional with a flathead. We'll see?

Lil32, 29EHV8, chryslerfan55 and 3 others like this.
  23. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Get my 40 PU on the ground
    new gear in the Circus
    Convince the boss I really need a 40 panel truck

24. Not gonna park it in a urinal, but I'm gonna drive the piss out of it.

bobss396 and ckdesigns like this.
  25. squirrel

squirrel

It's way too early in the year to know... but I am planning to go on Drag Week again.

26. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Jim
    Been meening to ask about the Barracuda, ok I asked.

squirrel likes this.
  27. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Going to the Pinetree Jamboree!.. and I despise flatheads!

28. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What am I going to be doing? After I rehab from my upcoming knee replacement I'm going to finish the shoebox and get started on the '50 Fleetline.
    Where? I bought my tickets for Viva Las Vegas last week and I'm planning a road trip back to Louisville to see my son in the summer.

chryslerfan55 and Chili Phil like this.
  29. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Holy crap Jeff, have you forgotten your audience?:eek:

30. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Now Jeff. Is there a mean treated flathead in your history?
    Or has one mean one blown your doors off?