Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Pat Ganahl Says "Spread The Word"!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A Boner, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I’ve read it before, really liked the R&C connotation, esp since pgan revived it, I saw him hawking “Its Back!” T’s @ Pleasanton and signed up for my bi-monthly sub right then & there, and This is the cover that set the stage for the next 5 years of R&C’s existence and the birth of Americruise which I participated with both of the two R&C Cover Characters ;). Congrats Pat, I’ll keep on reading your online print and since this is the 3rd anniversary we as Hot Rodders lost the Pete of Pete & Jake’s Hot Rod Repair and later Parts of Temple City. I’ll post this very fine cover. 24ECA981-A4E5-4533-BBAB-DF01F9F1932A.jpeg

warbird1 and Hamtown Al like this.
  2. loudbang

loudbang

One serious question. I would love to sign up BUT what use is made of the email addresses list that you will build. Is it sold to 3rd parties? These lists are a valuable commodity to advertisers and are highly coveted by them.

1947knuck, D type and Speed Gems like this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. plan9

plan9

An email address isnt really worth anything... this is different than phone number lists. By using the internet your geo location and browsing habits of your household is already being recorded and sold by your internet service provider.

If your email is still an issue, create a new account using yahoo, hotmail, gmail etc for just this purpose and sign on. I usually have 3 accounts open in a browser at all times.

Stogy likes this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I thank Pat and continue to enjoy his presence both here and wherever He chooses to share his Gift of the Hotrod/Custom Gospel...

Each of us has Our Gift and together we Carry the Torch Forward...

I certainly enjoy His Content Shared and the Stories Real eye in from His unique angle...My Mag days today are much lesser but I did my share of supporting the industry and understand the need in some way as Print still has a Place

Digital seems to be a force and Pat will evolve with us we're all dealing with changing times...I certainly wish for a meaningful transition and I give him High Praise and Thanks always...

My introduction to Pat was print in the early to mid 70s...

Glad he's still at it...I have subscribed...;)

HemiDeuce likes this.
  6. deadbeat

deadbeat

I thought I already had, but apparently not,, but I'am now,, cheers for the heads up,,,

Stogy likes this.
  7. Same. I went top the dedicated 'Subscribe' section on the site. That worked.

Stogy likes this.
  8. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

Subscribed, thanks for the heads up :)

Stogy likes this.
  9. charlesf

charlesf

I’ve been subscribed from the get go. Pat helps me relive my misspent youth!

Stogy likes this.
  10. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I' m in. Thanks for the heads up and thanks to Pat for continuing sharing his efforts with us hoodlums.

11. loudbang

loudbang

Not true many spammers on the black web pay highly for them. Where do you think they get the address to spam?

1947knuck likes this.
  12. jammer

jammer

I'm in.............

13. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

All signed up. Thanks @a boner for alerting us all to Pat's blog.
    And a Big Thanks to @pgan!
    I poured over my Dad's R&C mags from back in the day, so the minute I found out you were resurrecting R&C in the late '80s I sent in for a several year subscription.
    That first cover with Limefire and Jake's tub was a huge breath of fresh air at the time.

a boner likes this.
  14. 5window

5window

15. oldcootnco

oldcootnco

I signed up, always liked his articles.

16. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks,Pat .for all you have done ,and continue to do. One of the first articles I read of yours,was, when I believe I was 14,on Body blueprinting.Ruined me for life.I am 58.Still trying to achieve those standards.

17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pat said...
    "... if anyone is interested."
    LOL.

Enjoyed reading his stuff since the 70s.
    Thanks, a boner.
    Count me in.

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

a boner likes this.
  18. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

I subscribed, Thanks for the heads up about this!

19. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Subscribed yesterday. Thanks for the notice!

20. Done! already read two articles.. great stuff.
    thanks for the heads up on this.
    Chappy

21. connielu

connielu
    1. A-D Truckers

22. John Tumolo

John Tumolo

Subscribed in South Jersey. Pat has great stuff.

23. 1940Willys

1940Willys

Too Tall's the Best. You sir, have a way with words! A honor to meet you DSCN3913.JPG !

24. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

I had the same experience- try again. It accepted mine the 2d time.

25. I tried 15 times. Over several hours. I give up.

26. J2X

J2X

I strongly support all the positive comments by others above. Pat's writings are always extremely well done and wonderfully illustrated - If you are not into Kustoms in one of his posts, just wait for the next one which is likely about a well researched hot rod story.

27. Just suscribed

28. jimgoetz

jimgoetz

I'm in. ( I hope.} I can screw up this computer crap like you won't believe.

29. plan9

plan9

I provided a legitimate solution to your question, that is create a separate email for subscriptions... in addition to that use strong passwords.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  30. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

Thanks once again for all your positive replies and (especially) subscriptions. Thanks Very Much.
    To 56Don, HotrodA, HOTRODPRIMER, and any others having trouble subscribing: I called my daughter-in-law this morning (who set up my site and knows how to work it....unlike me), and she has figured out the problem and subscribed 3 or 4 readers. For anybody else having a problem, she says go to SUBSCRIBE or CONTACT under the heading, or else email directly to: [email protected] and there will be a solution there.
    As for LOUDBANG's concern, I can certainly tell you that I am not selling ANYTHING here. I would never do that in the first place. I'm not selling ads. Nor making any money in any other way from this blog or the site it's on. Plan9's suggestions sound good to me, if you're worried.
    Pat G.