Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happens every time I clean.
    Damn I cleaned today also, better go check the trash cans.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

2. I should have cut firewood. Instead I shifted my hoard around. moved my D4 Cat around back and just organized heavy stuff with the tractor. After the missing Child Scare yesterday my son Zach came and got his boys. So I could driver the dozer and tractor around and not have to worry about running over them. They will be back in a day or two, When Debbie found Grayson hiding in the Washing Machine. He told her I was playing hide and seek and you found me. He even had some toys in there with him.

3. Checked out the rebuilt 283 I made a deal on for my son’s 51 Chevy pickup project. A guy I work with loaded it up and hauled it up to me today from his family farm in Texas. It was rebuilt in ‘89 but never put in anything. Just sat in a barn collecting mud dobbers. I figure I’ll pull it all apart and check it out good, but the price was sure right. I even got all the receipts showing what all was done. Stuff was sure cheaper back then which is the way I still remember prices.
    ADB8005E-D125-45FF-85B7-2B75C2B668F5.jpeg

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG]

That looks great, I noticed the door. Bob

JOYFLEA likes this.
  5. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Probably not but I don't care either way. The coup de' gras was with a '54 Dodge pickup differential--brake drum to brake drum. I had advertised it as "Free to good home" and "I can load it into your truck or trailer".

Some asshole from Denver called and asked if I could meet him half way with it as it was so far (600 miles).

The differential was in the first load to the metal recycler.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  6. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

I pulled the cover back on the ‘58 to get a pic or two of the VW style hood latch for someone on a Chevy truck forum.

Again, why do I live here? image.jpg

7. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg landscaping....

Attached Files:

stillrunners and Lil32 like this.
  8. impala4speed

impala4speed

Living here in NE Ohio I ask myself the same thing. :D

Black_Sheep likes this.
  9. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

I'm a 32 fan, but, the A grill gets my vote also.

JOYFLEA and osage orange like this.
  10. I started the day off with my bi-annual primary care visit, followed by my 2 month pacemaker reading, both doctors are happy, so I'm happy.
    Afterwards I finally nailed down the parameters of the old kitchen floor I wanted to keep, I seem to jump around on projects and today out of the blue I decided it was the day to get the most useable floor space.
    20200106_152243.jpg 20200106_161552.jpg

The old view coming in the man door, a dining area off the kitchen

FB_IMG_1545049666787.jpg 20190218_141111.jpg

And currently, making that room for cars and winter working

20200106_162040.jpg

11. LAROKE

LAROKE

Worked on the carb for my Jimmy 302.

January 7th 2020 I couldn't find the new accelerator pump in pile of rebuilding parts so I took time out to completely clean up the other workbench where I tore the Carter AFB apart. Found the new pump, along with an unopened "Carter Strip Kit" from the sixties containing a variety of jets and metering rods for the drag strip. I don't have the knowledge to make use of the strip kit so it stays sealed.

Installed the new float seats and needles, then checked the new main gaskets against the old gasket to determine the correct one. Had two sheet metal items left over in the muffin tins that are not mentioned in any of the videos. I put them in the Evapo-Rust basket and tore down the spare AFB a little further to find out what they were. Turned out to be fuel bowl baffles.

The spare AFB had better floats so I submerged those floats under water for a day to check if they had leaks. I then set the floats and adjusted them. Placed the new accelerator pump and spring and it was time to screw the top casting back unto the bottom.

[​IMG]

12. Really nice sunny day here in the Ozarks. Finally went and cut firewood. Cut two big red oak one ash and a hickory. Drug them out in the field with a tractor . And cut them all up into firewood. Loaded 1 load (a small portion of what I cut) in my pickup and came home. I was too pooped out to unload it.

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

to be truly Cool

Good news

more good news

with good news listed nice to be able to jump around

mad mikey, swade41 and Black_Sheep like this.
  14. 8 inch ford lost its spring perches in preparation for my model A project. Lots of clean up yet to do.. 04863E47-E4CF-4633-B6AF-ADC867EE4752.jpeg A9FFB819-9E11-457E-BC4F-6D974DD3C12B.jpeg

LAROKE, Lil32 and swade41 like this.
  15. HotRod33

HotRod33

[/ATTACH] IMG_20200107_150137_1.jpg . Worked on the cage in my 36 pickup

Attached Files:

16. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Put snow tires on my daily. Should have done it last weekend.

stillrunners likes this.
  17. Something I need to seriously think about, I saved these photos from a friend's 46 GMC to get an idea of a layout in these tight confines. FB_IMG_1477685747097.jpg FB_IMG_1477685788075.jpg

18. LAROKE

LAROKE

Finshed rebuilding the Carter AFB for my Jimmy 302.

January 8th 2020 Put the AFB top and bottom together. Installed the accelerator pump linkage and choke linkage, installed the metering rods and springs, installed the idle mix screws, idle speed screw and fuel inlet. Found some old photos I took before disassembly and saw I had the manual choke linkage bass ackwards so I fixed that.

Purty shure I got it right now but the proof is in the pudding. We won't know until the engine is reassembled. Time to Seran wrap this baby and put it on the shelf until then. Beer of the day is Sumerian Brewing Company's Lucidity Czech Style Pilsner.

[​IMG]

19. impala4speed

impala4speed

Nice work Laroke. And you sure have good taste in beer!

LAROKE likes this.
  20. LAROKE

LAROKE

Thanx Denny.

21. 62rebel

62rebel

Cleared the Galaxie of unnecessary stuff to get it ready to drive, installed seat belts, mounted the ignition module permanently, hoping my new tires show up. Ordered a new carpet set the other.

Boneyard51 and osage orange like this.
  22. 2 nailbender

2 nailbender
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from iowa

I set the roadster on the frame with the new wheels and tires for the first time. I like the look.

Attached Files:

23. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wall hangers

31Dodger likes this.
  24. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another vote for the A

JOYFLEA and osage orange like this.
  25. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I finally decided to get something done so I could hang the Model A rear spring on the 8 inch rear end. I guess I wasn't working fast enough. I was studying the situation when a large shadow passed over me. Looked up and there were several buzzards directly overhead :eek:. So, I built a temporary jig off the back of the welding truck, leveled it, set the 70 Cougar rear end up there with the help of the truck crane and power brushed 50 years of crud off of it. Got the holes bored for the spring perch brackets, shaped the brackets and welded on the perch eyes. Tomorrow, if nothing else interferes, I'll cut through the center of the bored holes and install the perches. Maybe, with a little luck, I'll get the spring hung:)

Attached Files:

26. WTF really

WTF really

One step closer is all it takes to keep them buzzards away. I got a Lincoln tig 200. Bill is hooking me up with argon tomorrow. Should be playing soon.

27. Today after a haircut not much light out but I managed to get a little cover over my exposed Studie that's actually off in my storage area - not a lot of fun off the driveway but I'm experienced with that. Yesterday was getting the prior motor situated to where I could pull the bell housing and clutch - flywheel for the attachment to the new motor....the 5 speed equipment is a big mother......

osage orange likes this.
  28. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Power washed my O/T Suburban engine compartment.. I swear the truck is running better now.. 0E967802-BAEF-4988-A83D-15E765EA4A96.jpeg 90818677-00A4-42C2-8AFD-5545F1CB0316.jpeg

29. LAROKE

LAROKE

Continued work on my '37

January 9th 2020 With the carb off the work bench, it's time to blow the dust off another half finished task, Deerslayer's new windshield. I quit working on this just short of six years ago. The repop windshield frame was bare metal then. Got on the intarweb and ordered a heavy duty 24 x 48 x 2 inch deep plastic drip pan and five more gallons of EvapoRust to submerge the rusty window frame parts.

[​IMG]

mad mikey, lothiandon1940 and Lil32 like this.
  30. mopacltd

mopacltd

Off for a weekend in Yuma to visit friends and do a car show. Taking the off topic Cuda to this one.

lumpy 63 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.