Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Who's gonna be at the hot rod reunion in bowling green this June?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Sorry I'll miss you greybeards at BG. I am cruising with a group from TN, NC, KY etc to Back to the 50's that weekend. I doubt that any in our group have been to that event, other than me.

Phil

da34guy likes this.
  2. You know @enloe usually starts this thread every year!

3. Party foul!! :D I was tired of Christmas threads lol

Truckdoctor Andy and scotty t like this.
  4. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Interesting. Where did you get the drawing???

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

5. From google, I just searched HAMB logo

6. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Hmmm. I drew that about 10 years ago and don’t remember posting it to a public site.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

7. You designed the logo?

8. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

I'll be in Cave City, just down the road, for my family reunion. The reunion will be on one of the weekends, but I'll be there the whole month of June. I'll be there if it's not on the same weekend.

9. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

No. Just the topper. I believe Ryan did long long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

WELL THE PARTY IN CAMP GROUND AINT WHAT IT USED TO BE! PROBABLY A GOOD THING!:cool: BUT STILL A GREAT TIME! CAR IS NOT RUNNING YET:cool::p BUT IN THE FUTURE I HOPE! JUST BRINGING IT DOWN TO SHOW! DONT KNOW ABOUT THE GOLF CART SCOTTY, I NEED TO GET SOMETHING TO RIDE, ITS GETTING TO BE ALONG WALK FOR AN OLD GUY!:(

scotty t likes this.
  11. Hey you guys can borrow my scooter :rolleyes:, I'm just ready to go!

scotty t likes this.
  12. I always ride my trusty 1966 Schwinn typhoon equipped with ape hangers!

13. Don't forget to check out the Wig Wam Village! The wife and I stayed there the night we got -married.
    B4E74F9B-40C6-421F-9494-CFBD023F7F77.jpeg

14. I've got the Schwinn stingray push scooter, i think i exceed the maximum weight load lol

scotty t likes this.
  15. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

I have a stingray in the rafters I have been wanting to clean up to take with me. maybe I will get off my ass!

scotty t likes this.
  16. southcross2631

southcross2631

In 2002 I had my motor home all setup and I had my Gasser outside of my trailer adjusting the valves , both valve covers of and one of those pop up Ky. thunder storms came over the hill into the campground.
    I had a choice of getting my valve covers back on and keeping water out of the motor or cranking up my awning on the motor home. Chose the valve covers and got the car in the trailer when a 50 mph wind came through the camp ground and ripped my awning completely off.
    Those storms can get violent in a hurry. 15 minutes later the sun was out and everybody in the campground was surveying their damage.
    Back then open header burnout's at 2 a.m. were common place. Oh wait, that was me. Sorry if I woke you up.

scotty t likes this.
  17. Never a dull moment lol, seems like it always rains on my way there no matter what. The swap meet section is always muddy, but it's my father's day gift to myself every year. And when they announce "gasser's to the lanes", i run like a fat kid chasing the ice cream truck! I've also loved the 409 class but never seen em last year

18. Brian Penrod

Brian Penrod

Be there spectating.

19. Hell I'll pick you up on my way through!

Brian Penrod likes this.
  20. $25 a day at the gate, only $25 for the whole event to add you to my registration lol

Brian Penrod likes this.
  21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Just a week after good guys Nashville. GG changed dates!

22. The good guys here at the horse park is the same weekend as the boogie nationals at fort boonesborough, but i don't think it's hurt the boogie nationals

23. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

We stayed there in 2000 on the way back from Nebraska. We were in my '50 Ford Tudor, it looked good sitting next to the Wigwam. Have you ever read the reviews? Not good, but most say you gotta stay there at least once. Lol.

My Grandparents lived in Cave City when they were alive and until mid '60s we used to go there in the summer. My parents would never stay at the Wigwam since we could stay at my Grandparents house. Wife and I have been there the last four years. Hot Rod reunion in 2016 and Tri-5 Nationals in 2017-18. This past year we didn't make the Nationals but was there in August.

I own some land in Cave City, actually it's in the Cave City Cemetery. 2 plots next to my Grandfather. Found out about them a couple of years ago. My Grandfather had bought 4 plots for some reason and being his Grandson, the funeral home said I was entitled to them. Lol.

I'm really wanting to move there, but the wife isn't on board yet.

scotty t likes this.
  24. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

looking forward to the show, hope anybody that goes will stop by and say hi at the show, look for the orange bantam 72879423_2542730835784817_4768171313611145216_o (1).jpg

25. Heck yeah man! Looking forward to it. Is it time to go yet!

26. Am I allowed even though I don’t have a ride yet ?
    It would still be cool to join in .

Tommy

27. I'll give you half of mine :D

28. You gotta buy a round of ice cream :D

29. Oh man,,,that’s my favorite !

Tommy