Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jesus Christ! You got your thumb too?!? You definitely need to rehydrate!

loudbang and scotty t like this.
  2. RMONTY

RMONTY

It would appear that he needs a plastic bubble to wrench out of! Or to not drink BEFORE or DURING when he wrenches!

61Cruiser, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Yeah it tore my thumbnail off!! Thought it took my thumb. But i knew better, sometimes you never learn. I had safety glasses on, my eyes are in good shape lol. Right rear is dripping fluid, and i just opened beer #2. If this works I'll be able to get rid of some of my buddies lol. Keep your beer cold, and your circle small

4. RMONTY

RMONTY

Did you clip your fingernails during the tattoo removal? Or was it 2 separate incidents?

loudbang likes this.
  5. No that was all one super exciting incident, i decided it would be much smarter and so much faster to use the grinder with a wire brush to clean up those springs, which upon review was a horrible decision lmao!!! I REALLY need to get a wire brush wheel for the bench grinder :rolleyes:

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Look on the bright side, atleast you'll be able to see when you loose an appendage! LOL!!! o_O

7. Why do chicken coops have 2 doors?

loudbang and 427 sleeper like this.
  8. Cause if they had 4 doors they'd be chicken sedans!

chargin03, OahuEli, 61Cruiser and 2 others like this.
  9. The rear is done, i was getting a lot of fluid out of each side. So i closed the left rear, let the right rear go a little bit more then closed it. The front right was dripping good so i closed it. Waiting on the left front. If this works I'll buy you a steak in bowling green :D

10. RMONTY

RMONTY

*crickets*

11. I'll be here all week brother, be sure to tip the waitress :D

12. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Definately get a wire wheel for the bench grinder! It's MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE to get harpooned by hundreds of fine gauge fragment's of wire than it is to unexpectedly have your flesh removed! LOL! :D

OahuEli, bchctybob, 61Cruiser and 3 others like this.
  13. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And the Valet's...

61Cruiser and loudbang like this.
  14. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS!!! You might need to touch 'em up a 'lil bit with a few pump's and a crack of the bleeder, but for the most part, you're done!
    ... I'd like to start with an order of oyster's on the half shell, the 24oz. bone-in Rib-Eye, medium rare, hold the potato, a bowl of baked French Onion soup, and an Iceberg Wedge Salad... HAHAHAHAHA!!!! ;):D:cool:

loudbang likes this.
  15. Got brakes :D And yes you will get your ribeye!! Thanks for the help. Started on the gas pedal, had everything made and ready to go, and i have no bolts long enough to go through the firewall and the gas pedal base :rolleyes: but I'll pick up some monday morning when i get off work. Stick that in, put the tires back on it and move it beside the garage until the next time :):):)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Lloyd you need to invest in a blast cabinet, got to be cheaper than a ER visit! lol Larry

17. Funny you should say that lol. I had one that i never used, wife's cousin was over here a few weeks ago and said he'd like to have one of them, so i gave it to him :rolleyes::D

18. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HA! I'm just Fuckin' with you Brother! You ain't gotta buy me shit. I'm just glad things worked out, aside from the bodily harm incurred... :rolleyes: Soooo, what'r you thinkin'... on the road by Wednesday??? It's not out of the question... ;)

61Cruiser and loudbang like this.
  19. Gas pedal and wheels, should be good to "drive" around here. Gotta get power steering hoses, and order a gas tank, run new fuel line. I'm running off of a jug zip tied to the core support lol.

loudbang and 427 sleeper like this.
  20. But yeah I'll have steaks and lots of good food and beer at bowling green! I always take my grill, saves a fortune that i can then spend in the swap meet and on ice cream :D

21. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mmmmmmm... ice cream. Dammit, now I gotta check the freezer...

22. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YEP, Found it...And rest assured, it has been disposed of properly... :rolleyes:

loudbang likes this.
  23. Crazy ass... lol. Where's the best place to get a gas tank for this wagon? See one on egay for like $150, worth buying?

loudbang likes this.
  24. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Honestly, a tank is a tank. Just so long as it doesn't leak. All the big name suppliers get their shit from the same manufacturers as the guy's on EGay. Check Eckler's and Danchuk first, then hit EGay, shoot for the best price. Is yours that bad? A good radiator shop should be able to flush and seal what you have, if it isn't too far gone... Just a thought...
    While you're at it, you might think of going with a new sending unit with 3/8" line coming out of it, instead of 5/16", and running 3/8" line all the way to the fuel pump, just incase of future performance upgrades. Extra volume won't hurt anything...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    loudbang likes this.
  25. I haven't pulled it out yet to check, I'm just going on what everything else has looked like. If i can buy a new one for $150 it's not worth my time to mess with the old one lol. I value my time :D performance upgrade? Didn't you hear? I got a Corvette motor in this thing! :p yeah I'll run 3/8" line. Always do. Guess i could just strap another auxiliary jug on the other side of the core support o_O:D

26. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Someone posted on the Garage Tips thread recently about putting a spring loaded shower curtain rod between the seat and brake pedal for brake bleeding. I might try that next time my wife's not around.

27. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

I have a stock length 84 Monte Carlo tilt in my 57 wagon.

loudbang likes this.
  28. I wanted to stay away from tilt and a keyswitch on the column. I like the one i found. Thinking about a nice white flake steering wheel though :D

loudbang and scotty t like this.
  29. MICARR 99

MICARR 99

What a Kodak moment! Life is great when you turn around and find friends for life. Right on Buddy. MIKE Carr

loudbang likes this.
  30. Gman0046

Gman0046

How much quality do you expect to get for $150? Has to be made in China by small children.

61Cruiser likes this.