Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Started laying out a pattern for a hood and sides . Can’t make up my mind on weather to use the 32 or a chrome 29 A grill . Plans are for the air cleaner to stick up 1 1/2 “ above the hood . There will be 3” louvers at a slant on top of the hood to line up with the sunvisor. There will also be 5” louvers on the sides centered between the pipes and the break on hood and side .
    Ant input would be helpful . Blue
    B6321047-9F4D-487A-A051-71F51BE655D4.jpeg EA875D5F-90A5-49AB-88F7-94A71556769E.jpeg

swade41, The37Kid, chop job and 7 others like this.
  2. Hung two more old bicycles on my fence. Had ham and eggs for second breakfast. Caught a skunk in a steel jaw trap. Dispatched him with a 22 rifle. and then he let the stink glands loose. Way on the back corner however you can smell it everywhere. Im not politically correct. I don't want varmits on my place. those skunks, opossum and raccoon all eat the eggs and chicks of ground nesting birds. and my poultry. they also get in the feed bunks and urinate and poop in the feed causing spoilage. they can carry rabies.

3. I don’t blame you one bit Old Wolf. I’m the same way. We had a problem around here a few years ago with raccoons eating the barn cat food. I did the same thing as you.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. WTF really

WTF really

We had 5 people push it a little at a time out then used a razor to pull it up to the street and loaded on the rollback. Nerve racking for sure.

alanp561 and mad mikey like this.
  5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Been baby setting my ageing little buddy that I am feared is soon to passover. :(
    Rescue dog of 16 years. :)

6. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Started fitting the Thames on it new chassis. Not bad. A few inches low in the rear but this was really just a quick set to swap it around in the shop. 20200104_122332.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G970U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. WTF really

WTF really

Bought a tig welder today. Got to find a argon tank Monday then let the playing begin.

stillrunners, UNSHINED 2 and lumpy 63 like this.
  8. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Went to the shop this morning and pulled the rear end out of my pal Steve's 50 olds. Proceeded to fab some saddles to mount a 9" to the Olds trailing arms, Got it all squared up and tacked together:D. Came home and finished up the valvetrain on the Caddy. Was gonna say good day in my book but just got a call from Mom ...Gotta check in on Dad in morning , he's not doing well...

9. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

So sorry to hear that. I lost mine 6 months ago and still miss them. Time heals they say but it is hard. Hang in there friend.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I moved into my current house/ shop twenty years ago this year! Sometime in my past I traded for a Souix valve grinding set up, but it had the hand held motor missing. So I been looking for one for about 3 or 4 years, no luck, or real high. I have been wanting to do my own valves, for a while. Well this Summer I’m at the Springfield, Mo. swap meet and there was a guy there that had the motor, stones and two boxes of valve stuff! Cheap! I buy, I’m happy!
    Well a coupla weeks ago I score some file cabinets to really start organizing my really messed up shop! Been working on it for weeks!
    Today, I get to a shelf of dusty stuff that’s been there.... probably twenty years.....and drag out a metal box............. it’s a Souix valve grinder motor and stones!!!! Crap! I had one all the time! Have no idea where or when I got it!

Welcome 2020!

Bones

11. Started pulling the front end sheet metal of the Studie.....haven't done that in maybe a little over 25 yrs....at least my mom was around cause I did it over at her/our old house........

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I tried to get a few different cops to sign off on my title paperwork, and got looked at like I have three heads.

61Cruiser likes this.
  13. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Lost my buddy almost five years ago, he is buried behind my shop. It’s tough. I had him 18 years. 54BCBE93-F51A-4153-AD01-0383BEF8AFC7.jpeg

14. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:( Yep it`s hard to lose a little buddy.I lost my little buddy Morris the Cat the night of Oct 10`th last year.Still glance at his favorite places when I go in the main room of my apt.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    leo

15. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I spent the morning welding in patches in the floor of my '51 Ford sedan. Called it quits so I could watch the Seahawks game. A few more spots to go and I can start on the tunnel, I'll be glad to be done, I can finally re-install seat and take for its test drive on the new transmission. THEN I can finally start on the '50 Fleetline- 6 months behind schedule!

16. WTF really

WTF really

Built a cart for my new welder. 20200105_170603.jpg 20200105_170550.jpg

17. Dragged these out and realized they are pretty much worthless as I do not have a welder and they are split and rusty.... IMG_6753 (2).JPG

Lil32 likes this.
  18. Had a guy show up with a rollback to buy a Pontiac astro. Told Debbie to keep the grandsons inside the house. because we where going to drag that car around front with the tractor. I left the front gate open. and We where hooking the car to the tractor and Debbie came and asked me if I have seen Grayson. We looked everyplace. I waded the creek across the road for a 1/2 mile. The guy with the rollback looked. the Deputys came and looked. Looked for more than a hour. Then Debbie decided to look in the washing machine again. And she found him. He had came back inside and hid because he knew he was in trouble.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  19. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Glad that you had a good outcome, now it's time to teach him that hiding because he was in trouble caused everyone more angst and he needs to step up and accept what is coming to him if he does do something wrong!

20. what he did wrong was go outside. He was told to stay in the house. Debbie heard the door close and He had vanished. About 20 years ago a neighbor was moving a house trailer with a farm tractor. and his grandson ran up and was ran over and killed. Its a scary thing.

21. Road Racer

Road Racer

I cleaned the garage for two days! Threw out literally a truck load of crap that has amassed over the years. Now I can actually open both doors of the car comfortably and have room to work on it without towers of crap waiting to descend on me!

WTF really and Hamtown Al like this.
  22. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

PM me, when I try, my screen goes blank. It`s about something else.

23. Tom Sherry

Tom Sherry

Tore down the RF suspension on my '37 Packard 115C and started putting it back together.

stillrunners likes this.
  24. Man that's a good run....my stray boy passed last year after about 9 yrs of being the best DAMN dog you could have.

61Cruiser and saltflats like this.
  25. Burnt the last threads off on my 1940's seat frame's.....that post will be on going on those original covered seat frames....moving forward on a refresh of the Studie....clip's off....got the 5 speed out.....not a S-10....the factory Stude 5 speed overdrive....not very light....

26. LAROKE

LAROKE

Continued tearing down my '37

Started taking the bed strip carriage bolts out. The first half-dozen went easy then, having been lulled into a good mood, Murphy hit me with two in a row that just turned in their anchorages. I had to get out the electric angle grinder and grind the carriage bolt heads off those. Progress continued to be be spotty.

Eventually found all the fasteners holding the passenger bed side on and got it off. Beer of the day was Clipper City Brewing Company's Heavy Seas Loose Cannon Hops IPA.

[​IMG]

impala4speed and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Today will be day 8 of my every twenty year cleanup. (We have been here 21 years). The guy at the metal recycler finally asked me where I got all of the "crap". I found that I had no answer for him.

Tickety Boo and impala4speed like this.
  28. Pulled the 32 grill off and installed a 29 A to see the difference in the two hoods . Think I like the A better , hood 1” shorter and makes the headlight look more forward .
    D9E87DA4-D1FD-49FD-AB9A-EF7F06E302EC.jpeg E098EE67-4F9A-439A-8E24-8ACC09A4C4C0.jpeg

29. WTF really

WTF really

My vote is the model a grill if your taken votes

30. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

tomorrow you will need one of those parts...

LAROKE and harley jim like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.