Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Yep, you're a dick Scotty lol. Thanks man :D I'll use those nails wisely Screenshot_20200103-142131_Gallery.jpg

2. Paint won't keep me from going down the road. But changing direction and trying to build a gasser around the 6 customer cars that are here plus more on the way sure would lol. I'm sure I'll build another gasser, but not this one.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  3. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Sorry. I won't bug you about it any more.

4. You're not bugging me man. It's all good here :D

loudbang likes this.
  5. Nothing like brake work.... weird to work on a car that you can go to the parts store and still buy parts for lol... threw some coal in the pot belly stove and cranked up the music. Good night in the shop :D Screenshot_20200103-190646_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200103-190636_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200103-190651_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200103-190654_Gallery.jpg

6. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Keep your eye on the goal Lloyd. And keep posting your progress . Yours is one of the few build threads left on here that keeps me checking back in here anymore. 60's style custom painting was what inspired me to pick up my first spray gun in 69 when I was 14. Looking forward to the finish product. Hopefully it will inspire me to get off my ass and get out in the shop this winter. Larry

7. Thanks Larry, it's actually running now and the tranny is working, that's a relief :D i got the front brakes done and plumbed. Gotta hit the parts house tmrw and get some line clamps to secure the brake lines to the frame, and pick up the correct back shoes. I ended up having 2 sets of front shoes :rolleyes: tmrw this big beast will be moving around and stopping under its own power! On a test tank anyway lol. Gotta pull the tank and see if it's salvageable. Then I can get going on the body. Hang in there with me.

8. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell Lloyd, just put the extra set of front shoes on the back. They'll fit, and you'll have more lining surface. 1 3/4" vs. 2". Plus you won't be wasting any time going back and forth to the parts house! ;)
    Also, I got your PM, that's a VERY generous offer! I might just take you up on that. Thank you! :D

9. Will the 2"shoes fit??

loudbang likes this.
  10. And as far as the offer goes, it ain't no problem brother! Hell I'll pick you up and you can ride in!

11. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yessir! They are the same core, front and back, just with different width lining's attached. The drums are the same front to rear also. ;)

61Cruiser and loudbang like this.
  12. Well why didn't you tell me that earlier!! I could've gotten more done lol. Hell yeah! I'll just call in the morning and tell em i don't need em. Sweet! Thanks a bunch Jedd! You're alright man ;)

61Cruiser, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  13. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well Shit! The day's not over yet! Get 'Yo ass back out in that garage and get them shoes on! LOL!!! :D
    Ha! If I'da known sooner, I'da said something sooner! :)

14. Lmao no my big ass is wore out!! Next time I'll ask sooner o_O more soono_O that don't sound right lol. I've still gotta clean up all the rear hardware and paint a few pieces. Momma is at work so when she gets home in the morning I'll tuck her in and get back at it;)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  15. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL! I think "more sooner" is the preferred wrong term, atleast it is around my house, anyway. :D Haha!
    It sure seems like it's coming together for you so far, I hope it all goes smooth for you. :cool:

16. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Oh good. I can be relentless sometimes. I saw other people joining in on the gasser suggestions. I thought it might be starting to get under your skin.:D

loudbang likes this.
  17. Okay cleaning things up.... and how many times have you had the cup brush on your grinder and it decided to take a bite of you? I named mine "widow maker". I've got lots of scars from him. You'd think i would have learned :rolleyes: yeah I'm fat, but i have a sexy wife ;) Screenshot_20200104-131153_Gallery.jpg 20200104_120314.jpg

18. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jesus man! Just be happy it didn't bite you any lower!

loudbang likes this.
  19. Lol yeah i know! I can't afford to lose anything down there! But i persevered, both sides of the rear are done. New shoes, wheel cylinders, and adjusters. Now to plumb the rear. I'm missing the T on the rear end and it didn't come with the new hose, so i ran and bought a rear hose for a later model with the T made in the hose. Time to get back under this thing. Anybody got time to come help bleed brakes in a couple of hours??? :D

61Cruiser, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. RMONTY

RMONTY

Damn man, you are lucky you didn't get ate up worse than that. I guess your grinder was late to the gall bladder extrication.

Brake bleeding....that's one of many wifely duties, isn't it?

OahuEli, bchctybob, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  21. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

That's one way to remove a tattoo! What do you have a tattoo around your navel for anyway? I'm only kidding! Still want hubs or front disc brakes? I have some new ones that have't even been out of the boxes. Probably not going to be using them.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

22. Well i usually get momma to pump the brake pedal, but she works midnight. I've put out the call for some help but if nobody shows up I'll get her to help Monday morning :D and as far as the brakes I'm gonna stay with drums but I'll change the hubs before I'm done. It's all done, master is bled, just sitting here waiting..... lol

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. And as far as the belly button tattoo, they told me it would make me cool :rolleyes: why do i always listen to themo_O

24. Damn Man! That's a show and tell at work for sure! :rolleyes:

61Cruiser and loudbang like this.
  25. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All 'ya need to do is grab a 12 pack, turn on some good tunes, open all the bleeder's, sit back, imbibe in said 12 pack, and watch for fluid to come out. Top off the master every once in a while and ENJOY! You kill 2 bird's with one stone, brakes are mostly bled and 'ya got a nice 'lil buzz going! LOL!

OahuEli, 61Cruiser, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  26. Welcome from western Wisconsin.

loudbang likes this.
  27. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Cripes, how about a warning next time!

scotty t and brEad like this.
  28. Lmao!!! That's awesome man! You're welcome ;)

loudbang likes this.
  29. Because my last name is Stone!!!! Get it? 2 birds with one stone? Get it? :confused: I'll crack em open and give it a little bit. Don't need 12, gotta go climb on a firetruck in the morning :rolleyes:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  30. Ok Jedd, if you say so. Brand blocked in case of legal issues... rear bleeders are open. Somebody remind me to close them :D 20200104_182054.jpg