Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Brian Bass gas monkey 34 sold.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Dec 30, 2019.

1. I appreciate Brian and his craftsmanship, but that was a nice stock full fendered car that they cut up. It could have been made into a nice hot rod without the Gas Monkey 'look at me!' nonsense.

stillrunners and WiredSpider like this.
  2. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I don't have one either. Haven't for 15 years. Don't miss it at all.

3. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

It's funny to see the HAMB of today vs. 10+ years ago....
    Far more harsh critics of Ian back then.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-zephyr-that-rocked-santa-maria-in-bare-metal.479991/

4. loudbang, Desoto291Hemi and Malcolm like this.
  5. liliysdad

liliysdad
    from Oklahoma

I don't care what they cut up, its turned out perfect.

6. fuzzface

fuzzface

I also like Ian. I try to catch that one.

I haven't watch the Monkeys in quite a while, actually didn't know they were still on . Only thing I know about them is someone brought one of their off topic trucks from a salvage auction and is rebuilding it on youtube.

loudbang, stillrunners and mad mikey like this.
  7. 34Larry

34Larry

"It takes a real man to cut one up", says 34Larry the Op of this thread, who did exactly that with his 34 three window. See https://kustomrama.com/wiki/Jerry_Berg's_1934_Ford for the explnation.
    This thread has turned into more than I expected, but still no info on what Brian's ford sold for????

Hey Brian if your on this thread do you know?

rob-redm and mad mikey like this.
  8. wvenfield

wvenfield

cktasto and mad mikey like this.
  9. I don't think Bass got any of the sale proceeds. He designed/built the coupe, but didn't own it.

Tim, mad mikey and Speed Gems like this.
  10. 34Larry

34Larry

Right, but he still may know but the main monkey may have a gag order contract with him.
    Last year, or maybe it was two years ago a this time Rodders Journal years end poster was of this 34. For my money this car is stunning.

seb fontana and mad mikey like this.
  11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

'34 not listed in inventory sold on their site

12. 34Larry

34Larry

??????????? who's inventory, what site do you mean. Sorry to be so ignorant.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gas Monkey garage. https://inventory.gasmonkeygarage.com/vehicles Not listed as in inventory or as sold. May be because it was considered a personal car and not a listed for sale car.
    Who ever bought it most likely will show up on the net in the near future all excited.

There was another gas monkey 34 ford that sold in 2014 and someone's old FB post on that may have popped up and got things confused. https://www.vintagedrivingmachines.com/1934-Ford-3-Window-Coupe-Sold-2146353392
    There was also a billet wheel one they sold.

mad mikey likes this.
  14. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Yep a severely ADD group these days.:eek::D

mad mikey likes this.
  15. I would think the sale price was pretty high. 34's in any condition seem to demand big money. The car is stunning. I love the exhaust, reminds me of 60's altered class cars.

loudbang and Just Gary like this.
  16. Vonn Ditch

Vonn Ditch
    from LA

That's a great looking '34. Always loved those cars, just beautiful lines but the hump of the frame at the hood just kills the look in '34's without fenders for me. I've seen some where that area has been reworked to follow a gently sloped line to the grill, more like a 32. Probably lots of work but sure does improve the lines of the car, at least for me.

seabeecmc likes this.
  17. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I still watch Gas Monkey. The coupe is very nice. Full Custom Garage is a winner. I watched it years back on MAV-TV. Unfortunately it has been out of production for a few years. Sure wish they would bring it back.

18. 34Larry

34Larry

Hump ????????? What hump????????? Describe Hump.:confused::confused:

19. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Yes, you’re probably right about the bondo. My metal work will require some filling, I suppose. I will try to use it sparingly as needed and apply as professionally as I can. But it will have some filler in it.

20. Vonn Ditch

Vonn Ditch
    from LA

When you take the front fenders off of a 34 there ain't nothing pretty about it. It takes on the appearance of something that ain't finished. If you can't see the humped up, fucked up splash apron blister that extends into the hood then I can't help you. It leaves this area of a beautiful car butt ugly.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    my2nd40 and seabeecmc like this.
  21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

its in The Toronto area... collector bought it.

22. Any idea what the cars selling price was Jeff?

23. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Gas Monkey/Bass car is one of the cars in the back of my mind while building my '33.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

-Brent-, swade41, cktasto and 17 others like this.
  24. 34Larry

34Larry

Actually the splash aprons MAKE the fenderless 33/34, 3 widow and 5 window IMO. I see these as an absolute essential,.... (a: of the utmost importance : BASIC, INDISPENSABLE, NECESSARY) part and feature of any 33/34 hi-boy. Personally I have more respect for other guys and their cars, than to go around bad mouthing some part or something concerning their hard work and pride in owing. I reworked them filling holes, welding and grinding smooth, skimming and sanding to get them just right.
    My very close friend who smoothed out the body for me objected to the pans also, but in a respectful way. When he saw them on the car he really fell in love with them an admitted they add to the car alot and are killer.
    Try VD living by the saying: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all, in other words just keep your mouth shut. Did you offend me yes and it is a Cardinal sin in this world today to offend anyone or anything. That is why my disgust with your insensitive rant.

25. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Flamed, that's it right there my dream car.:cool:

mad mikey likes this.
  26. Really? Took me 30 seconds to find these two. How many more do you think I can dig up?

"I usually keep my mouth shut on somebodies work, but having had, and still wish I had, a 57, IMO both "Aztecs" are uck'n fugly to the core:eek:. I don't care if Barris did build one:D"

"Loose the quad headlites, scrap that ugly side trim, loose the skirts.
    Go to single frenched headlites, go to stock side trim, install Buick wires.
    I believe that about dose it."

27. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Of course it's a "joke"!! Television is for entertainment & to sell U stuff you didn't know U needed. Gotta' have something in between those 8 commercials each break to keep U "entertained"!!

28. Damn thats nice. I can not help thinking of the 15 oz. coupe.

RICH B and loudbang like this.
  29. I was commenting on the fact that @Speed Gems suggested the sale would generate funds for Bass to work on his Willys... not whether or not Bass knew the sale price.

Speed Gems likes this.
  30. Dang fella, who pissed in your cereal???