Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration 2019 is almost in the history books

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 30, 2019.

1. And it let me know early this morning it wasn't leaving without one more swift kick in the arse. we awoke thunder & lighting, howling winds, a loud crash about 3:00 PM, went outside this morning and a huge pine tree on our side lot had snapped about 10 feet up and crashed on the back drive way and landed on our daughters car, and just barely missed my off topic pickup and my 50 coupe a few feet away in the garage, man I have a mess to clean up and I'm afraid may daughters car is toast.

Looking forward to a better new year. :rolleyes: HRP

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  2. Sorry to hear that one, no one hurt and it missed the house, could have been worse.

3. You are right it could have been much worse.

I think I would be really sick had the tree taken a different direction and hit the coupe and the house. HRP

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear that, Danny. One more trial for you, but let's hope the New year brings you MUCH better luck !
    Remember, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

loudbang, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

White pine? I had a lot of 60 footers on my property. The tops would drop and tear out the remaining branches below. I hated those things. Make a heck of a mess.
    glad to hear no one was hurt or the house wasn't damaged. Hope your daughter has insurance.
    I wonder if home insurance will cover that??

6. Sorry for your bad luck Danny. It can always be worse but the damage still stings. Storms in December is odd for the southeast, should have been over last month so 2019...good riddance.

7. I'm afraid it was just one lone yellow.

I dropped the insurance last month, the car had a bad transmission and I had it scheduled to go to the shop in January, oh well, it will go to the scrap yard and I'll spend the transmission money on cleanup.

It is what it is, a darn mess!:eek::cool::D. HRP

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    loudbang and 3W JOHN like this.
  8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, usually the passing year will go out with a whimper - this time for you with a bang - one of those "you never know' experiences - it will all get resolved but, nothing anyone wants to deal with - take care

9. Don, the weather has been in the 70's ever since Christmas, there was bound to be a cold front swing down a create a big storm. HRP

10. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Danny, I will be back home late friday and I can come help you clean up the mess this weekend, I'll call you later today.

ffr1222k, loudbang and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  11. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I'm sorry to hear about your situation Danny, this storm front moving through is crazy. I'm just glad everyone is safe. The house I was renting had about 50 pine trees near the house, and those things always looked like they were going to break. I hated them. Well good luck getting everything cleaned up, and stay safe doing it. I'd help you if I was closer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Thank you John, I haven't talked to the insurance agent yet so I don't know what, if anything they will do. HRP

13. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Actually December is our "second season" for severe weather according to the weather folks. There are as many tornadoes in December as there are in April. They were expecting some rough stuff for us last night, but it blew through pretty quickly with just some wind and heavy rain. I think there might have been a small tornado up around the Haleyville and Russellville areas, seen some pics of some damage.

14. I still think December is too late in season. November has always been the second season for us in North Alabama. I was caught up in one in the 1989 November 15 tornado. Some experiences last a lifetime.

15. Danny,,,check your home owners policy just in case.
    You never know.

Tommy

16. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

17. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Danny at least everyone is ok. Cars can always be fixed, everyone’s health is more important.

loudbang, 3W JOHN, nochop and 3 others like this.
  18. What ^^^^he said.........

19. Sorry to hear the bad news. Be thankful no one was injured. We had a thunder storm today while it was hailing and snowing. Just crazy. I wish I was closer to help. Don’t over do it. Hope you have a Happy New Year.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

20. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That sucks. Hope 2020 treats you a little kinder

21. ...any pics?

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. Long day yesterday, the chainsaw got a good workout and the majority of the mess has been cleaned up, I loaded up the truck many times and hauled it over to my side lot behind the garage we are going to have one heck of a bonfire when the wind dies down.

On the news last night they eluded to a tornado in the area, I suspect what took the two trees down was the high winds.

I am sore in places I didn't know could hurt. :cool: HRP

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  23. thumbnail2.jpg

thumbnail8.jpg thumbnail7.jpg

HRP

24. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YIKES ! ! ! Bet you're a little sore today:( A frosty beverage might "take the edge off" You deserve it.

HOTRODPRIMER and loudbang like this.
  25. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Damn Danny, when we talked on the phone I thought you were going to wait til this weekend to get started.

26. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Sorry to hear that Danny good luck on the clean up and wish better things coming to you for the new year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. As far as the clean up that is on me according to the adjuster, he is coming to look at my daughters car, we were not busy at the shop yesterday so I just decided to get started with getting the tree removal.

I really do appreciate the offer of help.HRP

Unique Rustorations likes this.
  28. Thanks Rusty, I'm happy to say that was last year. HRP

29. Gman0046

Gman0046

Hppy New Year to all HAMBers. Wishing good luck and good health for everyone and their families in 2020.

Gary

30. Denist

Denist
    BANNED
    from Arizona

Hope 2020 treats you a little kinder:D