Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Barris " AZTEC @ MECUM AUCTIONS.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by mikhett, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

It’s so rad it hurts.

Barn Hunter, Stogy and Moriarity like this.
  2. Nova Thug

Nova Thug
    from SG Vizzle

I know a guy who is really talented with sheet metal and has a very custom 59 Cadillac that I think is amazing.. I’m definitely not a “custom” kind of guy but this particular car is not even close to what I could get behind.. Most of the Barris stuff is just not for me and I am being nice..!

3. fuzzface

fuzzface

Wouldn't you know it, I just checked my emails and got the info from Meccum about this auction. Didn't realize that there are other interesting items selling there like the showboat slingshot, the red wagon and hemi under glass just to name a couple plus a custom '57 chevy with quad headlights that would fit in the other thread .

Might have to follow this one along and see how the prices are at.

chevy57dude, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  4. 34Larry

34Larry

Loose the quad headlites, scrap that ugly side trim, loose the skirts.
    Go to single frenched headlites, go to stock side trim, install Buick wires.
    I believe that about dose it.
    [​IMG]

5. fuzzface

fuzzface

I see that the estimate is $350,000 -$450,000.

chryslerfan55, chevy57dude and Stogy like this.
  6. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It always appeared “heavy” to me and also hard to find the 55 Chevrolet under it. Full customs, like this one, were creations a body artist and to be taken as is. I don’t know if I even have a top 10 or 20 but I want them to be driven or showed.

7. So you're gonna bid on it, I guess.

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's Winter All Year long here it seems...

Seriously some of the comments are just flaming the flames...just shameful...and it's focused and deliberately insensitive to the History.

It's interesting that similar sentiments don't seem to resonate from the Custom Crowd to Hotrod. SAD

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man coming from you that's a little double edged ignorance to the Site especially since this ones not in pieces...and you DO know what it is this time...cut it up anyway...wow

I still don't understand with this attitude of yours why you hang around here at all...you have such distaste for what this place represents...

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Silver lining is some do restore Hotrods and Customs to a past glory once acquired. I have seen it here many times...a form of respect that is incredibly admirable.

11. Now children, this sandbox is big enough for all of you...…………..

Movinman, anthony myrick and Budget36 like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes it is but some choose to fling sand in eyes rather than build castles together...

13. The hypocrisy is one of the sand throwers has a temper tantrum everytime someone posts something he doesn't like on one of his threads.

Sent from my SM-G950W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

The Aztec was never suppose to look like a 55 Chevy! It was suppose to look like the Aztec, a automotive vision from the minds of George Barris, Bill Carr and Bill "De Carr" Ortega at Barris customs. And hats off to Barry Mazza! who had the vision and dedication to bring it back from a stripped out rusted hulk! If your not man enough to cut it ,go to the mild /almost stock custom thread! Larry

15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I embrace the positive and in so many ways I see it here and it is truly an awesome majority...to me flames are always extinguished eventually...

I do defend The Art of Hotrod and Custom we celebrate here...It was an Evolution to be appreciated...that's why I'm here...and no it wasn't all a beautiful canvas but worthy of study and civil discussion.

Get the Happy New Year On...;)

16. Dangerousdan

Dangerousdan
    from Arizona

So your not a Kustom Kar fan :)

17. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

And to make bad comments on a Sunday. 4 days after Christmas.

18. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Someone said it on here before, H.A.M.B. = Hating All Mid-century Builds.

People forget that the purpose of having a Kustom is to have a car that is different from the others. It's not SUPPOSED to look like the other cars. And a radical custom like this would have been like pulling up in a fucking space ship. Panties would drop not only because of the car itself, but because of the obviously huge amount of money the owner had to commission such a build.

Things haven't changed at all. You see all those Instagram models draped all over those guys with the Lambos and Ferraris, you think they know or care about the engine specs? They like it because it's exclusive and expensive.

19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Okay Custom Followers anybody care to name a Gavel Banger?

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Did you mean Barry Mazza.

54delray and Moriarity like this.
  22. Torchie

Torchie

Love it or hate it. It's your choice, but appreciate the amazing amount of imagination and work it took to create it to begin with. Let alone bring it back to it's former glory. I love it.
    Torchie

23. williebill

williebill

Maybe it's hard to understand tradition and history when the view out of your windshield includes fat front tires, and IFS on a fenderless car.

24. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I knew I would spell it wrong! lol I fixed it.;) Larry

54delray likes this.
  25. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Barry Mazza is a name you don`t hear often enough. He`s done a lot in the Custom world.

26. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I would have never known it was a 55, would have thought they just put a 55 dash in it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Hamb truly offers a Serious Focus of Appreciation of a Movement in Time and Yes there is Hate but that is not the main focus or vibes I witness regularly when things are on topic. I reach out to Custom Membership to hang and let these opinions fall on lack of appreciation of artistic expression...there is no chance this will ever not be what it is...

Hotrods Win the Race but Customs Get the Girls...Must have been the Panties comment...:D

I really look at the whole movement as a Rolling Art Show...Just a Mechanized truly mobile Art Show...Even Hotrod when purpose built was 'The Thing' there was still stand back and look involved with many but not all.

Funny you mention Space because They really are a shout out to the Jetsons in a way...Gliding along Tires near Skirted away...in fact that was more the Cosmic Later 50/60s as opposed to the earlier evolving of Custom...and really there are so many directions in Custom from Mild to Wild....Bring it on Hambers it never gets Old...;)

28. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I'm not going to talk bad about it, just not my style custom. I prefer stuff like the Hirohata Merc, smooth and flowing and you can tell what kind of car it is, not something that has totally lost it's stock identity.

29. 19Fordy

19Fordy

When it comes top customs you have to appreciate what it took to build the Aztec "back in the day:.
    It's a stunning custom creation.

30. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've seen pics of the Aztec a thousand times, but have never seen the taillights before. They are always in the shadows because of the frenching and the fin angle. HOLY CRAP are they ever cool. He WAS the King of the Kustomizers
    [​IMG]