Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What did Santa bring all the Good boys and girls of the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Robert J. Palmer, Dec 25, 2019.

1. I guess someone wants you around a little longer...:)

racer-x, loudbang and Deuces like this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I seldom get car stuff. This year it was a pair ofCabellas fit cards to go with the ones I got for my birthday. The annual Hickory farms box from my wife and time spent with our kids my mom and a pack of dogs. I spent a good part of the day playing ball with my sonsdog Earl. The coffee is pretty tasty even though I usually don't care for flavored coffee. 1224191823.jpeg 1224192247.jpeg 1224192247b.jpeg 1225191804a.jpeg

Sent from my VS988 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Will do! My mom’s still a car gal herself, at 96. When she found out we were going to see Ford vs Ferrari, she said I want to go! So my sister and her drove up in the Lincoln she bought new three years ago. Says she doesn’t like driving in Muskogee! Still lives by herself and runs the ranch! She has set the bar pertty high! Here’s a pic of us at the show, my mom, my wife, my 65 year old sister and her husband.

She really liked the movie!

Bones E8114199-41A6-44C6-9141-F66D39D1D3FA.jpeg

4. 34Larry

34Larry

Nothing, we do not exchange gifts, my wife and I. Long ago stopped doing so with other family members including two grown daughters also. Christmas is NOT about gifts, giving or receiving. The season is just to crazy commercial. Yes you will find that I"M a GRINCH and could care less. Enjoy the time with my 2nd family and my former family with dinner, good talk, family stories and that is plenty for me.

5. I am not looking to argue most of these gifts on these thread were thoughtful gifts from family members.
    Like @fastcar1953's wife having someone do a panting of his truck.
    @AVater's son giving him a 37 Ford hood release.
    The gifts I received are things I need and will use in the shop, same with the gifts I gave my father and mother. Dad is (was) a big Bud Moore Fan he. He is also a Dick Trickle fan, and I knew he would enjoy reading about their lives.
    Almost everyone said the best part of the day was spending the day with family.

Many Christmas gifts often become heirlooms to be handed down from one generation to the next.
    I still have the home built rocking horse my dad and mom gave me for my 2nd Christmas, my dad asked one of the guy he was working with where he could find a wooden rocking horse. He guy said he could build one.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  6. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I got a Craftsman big tool box from my wife like a big storage box. Now I can get rid of some of the ratty garage furniture I built years ago. It also matches my smaller Craftsman roll around tool box. I guess I was a good boy...………..

Robert J. Palmer, Deuces and loudbang like this.
  7. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a great pic...but how'd you get them all to sit still for the picture...especially with all the unopened presents under the tree ? :D

Deuces likes this.
  8. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Got this 12 volt air compressor for Christmas! I have several smaller ones that plug in the cigarette lighter, in different vehicles and the have saved my but many many times, but are slow. I posted this earlier, but now have a pic of the larger one. Do yourself a favor, get yourself one of these! They are fast!

Bones 14973909-AC20-42D5-8EE4-10A8A2166BE5.jpeg

Robert J. Palmer and Deuces like this.
  9. Glad she had fun your a lucky man. :)

Deuces and Boneyard51 like this.
  10. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Bugger! But there's no time like the present to overindulge...

Deuces likes this.
  11. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

She goes to exercise class twice a week, get her hair done every week or so, has her nails done, when needed! Drives to church and to a little town called Checotah, some eight miles away, if she needs something. Sometimes I call her to do something and she says can’t do it then, already doing something! She also has a great support group with her grand kids and great grand kids. My Dad made it to 91, his mother made it to 100 as did all of her brothers and sisters. I am a lucky man, as you said! She is alway happy, she looks a little grumpy in that pic, but she is amazingly upbeat and always positive!

Bones

12. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Looks like every one had a great Christmas.I did`nt get any car goodies,but I got a new monitor for my computer.The old one died 2 days after I got home from 12 days in the hospital with a mersa infection on my right leg.YUCK.A lady friend stopped by with a great Christmas dinner.Turkey,ham and all the trimmings,and a six pack of cold brew.All in all was a swell day.Merry Christmas and a healthy,happy,safe and prosperous New Year to all.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Boneyard51 and Deuces like this.
  13. grimmfalcon138

grimmfalcon138
    from az

It's not car related, but it definitely shows how well my son's know me. IMG_20191226_192443.jpg

BigO and Boneyard51 like this.
  14. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. I thinks that's great. Michael

16. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I was apparently well behaved enough to get a transmission adapter for the 365 Caddy engine going in my '38 Dodge. Now to save up for wheels that match.

17. My brother in law gave me the valve covers and my wife gave me the alternator and ordered a turtle deck from Class Glass Performance 20191226_103727.jpg 20191225_110305.jpg ... my mother in law gave me an awesome Carhartt fleece lined zipper hoodie. The rest of the family had a great Christmas also!

18. scoop

scoop

A hemorrhoid!

19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

got another long sleeve shirt 20191227_143131.jpg

Deuces, Robert J. Palmer and scoop like this.
  20. topher5150

topher5150

Put the damn thing together and the roof of the shed is to low so now it doesn't fit on the work bench IMG_20191227_184327483.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Elcohaulic and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  21. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Had a nice day with the family and took an extra day off, so that was cool.

I made a list to help the wife out, we do that because neither of us know what the hell the other wants so to ensure we get it right we make a big list and then pick and choose from it.

Tools and supplies are always great gifts, and this year I got two of the Chief (HF pro line) right angle die grinders and the Baxter air straight line sander to match the other Chief and Baxter tools I've been rocking. I got some welding panel clamps, and an assortment of abrasives. DuraGold paper is available on Amazon Prime, so I got 80, 180, 400 6" discs for my DA, and a bunch of 3" and 2" afro discs in rotoloc.

Aside from that, I got a nice pair of legit waterproof boots (I've been using the Italian waterproofing ie my foot in a plastic shopping bag in my boot) and a decent sized shoe rack to control my collection.

22. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Cash from the family for a new 5000 stall converter for the Stude. Should make for some interesting launches with the altered wheelbase. Yee-hah!

Deuces likes this.
  23. I'm a single dad santa,
    so my 15 yr old son got mostly new age electronics he ask for and a couple cool shirts, like "don't tread on me", glad to see he wanted those.
    My 31 yr old daughter was up from N.C., I gave her a "serendipity" cookware set from the 50's which she was ecstatic over, plus split her air fare and car rental with her mom (my x).

26208.jpeg
    26213.jpeg
    26210.jpeg

I bought myself some skinny front runners from the classifieds here, can't wait till they arrive, plus the kids got me some shirts and a new electrical tester for household wiring, since I'm 100% paced with a pacemaker I don't like to second guess getting shocked.

20191221_144631.jpg

24. rjgideon

rjgideon

Most of my Christmas budget was spent on one of those professional turret style brake flare tools. I also got a couple of small things for my Mill/Drill like an edge finder and a collet set.

Deuces likes this.
  25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

26. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

I got two new headlights and a new headlight switch - stoked!
    GB

Deuces likes this.
  27. I got to spend time with the family.
    My oldest came home Christmas morning with her boyfriend and we had a nice brunch with the rest of the family and a few close friends.
    Later that evening my daughters boyfriend asked me if I would give him a lesson on knife sharpening (on the knife I gave him for Christmas)
    We went out to the garage and he asked me for my daughters hand in marriage.
    He's a great guy, raised right, and the wife and I couldn't be happier about it.
    Other than that I got a book on hot rod wiring, an OBDII scan tool, an IWB holster I had my eye on, a bluetooth speaker for the garage, and some beard grooming items...lol
    Chappy