Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Morris Minor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boneyard51, Dec 20, 2019.

1. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

i like the 4 x 4 one looks like fun

2. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

That could happen! I love road trips! We were just talking about going to Dayton and see the Air museum.

Bones

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    scrap metal 48 likes this.
  3. Budget36

Budget36

I think it's the type of car you'd want to buy to hotrod it, unless dirt cheap, I'd not be interested in working on it to flip. Back in HS my Dad's friend had one, unsure of the year, but looked similar, it had wide wheels in back, tubbed, and a SBC. I'm sure there was a lot more under it than that.

I liken it to a V8 Vega build, small car, big motor and have fun.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  4. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I’m just going to sell it for my friend, maybe make a little on delivery or something.

Bones

Tim, bchctybob and Budget36 like this.
  5. pigIRON63

pigIRON63

20191219_171012.jpg this is my project, I couldn't post pics earlier.

scrap metal 48 and Boneyard51 like this.
  6. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Only way I'd want one is done up like southcross has his. Tube frame, small block powered. A street legal drag car that could still turn corners. Would be fun on Drag Week!

I got more irons in the fire than I've got fire for though unfortunately.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  7. Stueeee

Stueeee
    from Kent, UK

No idea how popular Morris Minors are in the US, but there's lots of upgrades available for them that anyone who doesn't want to go down the separate chassis etc route can fit.

With some mild lowering, the torsion bar front suspension gives good handling, the rack and pinion steering is light and positive by comparison with other 50s cars. I rebuilt this '68 pickup 20 years ago with a 1275cc Morris motor and a 5 speed transmission, along with a power disc brake conversion, it drove nicely and could cruise at the UK motorway (highway) 70 MPH limit all day without any drama.
    [​IMG]

8. southcross2631

southcross2631

you can see the build of my street Morris here on the Hamb . It's under my Morris minor rod.
    It has a fatman crossmember with a pete and jakes ladder bar rear suspension that was for a Model A.
    It weighed about 2300 lbs with an aluminum headed 5.0 Ford with an AOD. I built it to embarrass the sports cars on the Dragon and other mountain roads in Tn. With a 4.11 gear it was pretty responsive.
    Not too bad out on the highway . It was my daily for 3 years. DSCF0950.JPG

scrap metal 48 and charleyw like this.