Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Why can't I sell my Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr. Mac, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

My curiosity is killing me why I haven't sold my roadster yet so I thought I would ask you guys.
    It's been on the HAMB classifieds since May with almost 8000 hits with very few offers. I have lowered the original price by 5000.00 with no luck which I thought was fair. You can't leave a comment on the add page so I thought I would get your comments here. I know it isn't Roadster weather but is my price to high or what. You wont hurt my feelings with your criticism.
    artsy pics 27 roadster 023.JPG

2. Budget36

Budget36

You lowered it by 5k? Okay, how much are you wanting now?

Just my guess, but if you lower a T-bucket by 5K, you're probably still over priced.

Edit:

Let me quantify that...if you have a '32 for sale for 60K and lower it 5K, then I can see that, but T-buckets are not in the same price as a duece.

tractorguy and Hollywood-East like this.
  3. Spooky

Spooky

Yeowza! Not sure why no one has thrown greenbacks atcha. Neat T!

4. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a nice car. Ok so I did a search for "roadster" "bucket" and "Model T" in the cars for sale section and it didn't show up at all. So why don't you start by posting a link to your ad in this thread. I am sure you will get a lot of advice.

lothiandon1940 and olscrounger like this.

5. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^ This--I couldn't find it either

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Budget36

Budget36

Found your ad, 15K seems reasonable. She'll sell.

kiwijeff and Stogy like this.
  7. Beautiful car, done right. Probably location?

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's more than a fair price in my opinion...Beyond Fair...

It's a difficult time for one that is poured so much into their rides...That's a beautiful Hotrod...You held the bar High for sure...

I would hold firm at that, these are big purchases...and I suspect something that may have to run it's course and have the same patience Car Salesman Have...I wonder how they exist these days...it's difficult times...

mgtstumpy and upspirate like this.
  9. It's a buyers market and your competing with a lot of nice cars in that price range, I've had my 50 for sale for longer than you and have dropped the price 8 grand.

Some cars sell faster than others, when the timing is right someone will make you a reasonable offer. HRP

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Stogy likes this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  11. BTW, I saw where you had dropped the price to 22,000 at one time. HRP

12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is a Steel T and quite Nicely inspired by the Kookie T obviously that is a huge bonus to Vintage minded Hotrodder ie NOT Street Rodders...Mr Mac Maybe You have to put it in the Dreaded Ebay for more exposure...I again feel with this quality of build your more than fair in your asking price heck it's Turn Key drive and enjoy...How good is that...

I wish you the best for finding the one who will carry this with the care you have given it...;)

13. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

14. alchemy

alchemy

Your car will require a guy who is a big fan of the Kookie T, but not particular enough to notice that you used a different year body and many other parts. I bet if your car was its own color, it would have sold a long time ago. Tribute cars are like that, they take a special buyer.

15. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Where else have you advertised or shown it in a car coral?

Stogy and dana barlow like this.
  16. Your lowered price to now $15K is more than reasonable..it will sell.
    T's aren't for everybody, but yours is sure nice, especially at that price.

Rathbone, VANDENPLAS and Stogy like this.
  17. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Looks cool to me,nice tip of the hat to Norm also style wise,just not close enough. May need it's own paint style.
    But I'm not a buyer,I build my own stuff.
    There are always things I see on any hot rod,that I would do another way. Yet that's most likely the same way others look at what I did building my own rods.
    Only thing one can do,is see what cars are for sale that are kind of the same and what cost is on those.
    Your add;https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...u-a-real-hot-rod.1108894/page-2#post-13364320

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  18. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

You are probably so right.

lothiandon1940 and dana barlow like this.
  19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Put Mr.Mac in the search were it asks for the poster. :) Bob

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow I would suspect your thoughts are like the fella who Sold me my 1957 Panhead...he told me he was selling his left nut...That's one cool ride and can't be easy to say goodbye...

mad mikey and dana barlow like this.
  21. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm six feet tall and fit in my 1912 just fine, think I'd fit in yours as well. Drop the Large guy won't fit info, 350 pounds too large for most cars. Nice looking late '50's style build, just need to find that thin guy. Bob

22. southcross2631

southcross2631

Had the same problem when I had my Falcon Gasser. Tried for a year to sell it. Finally had to trade it for an O/T Mustang that I didn't really want. Fixed a few things on the Mustang and sold it in 2 weeks for 3K more than I was trying to sell the Falcon for.
    Have you put it on Racing Junk, have had good luck on that site.

23. wvenfield

wvenfield

That's a cool T. Seems a fair price to me. I hope you are advertising it somewhere other than here also.

Stogy likes this.
  24. Terraizer

Terraizer

That is a nice T for the money, seems very fair price wise. I would post it on other sites and it will sale. I don't have much luck selling here, but sell fast on other sites.

25. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I have seen the car in person a number of times. It is a beautifully built and maintained hot rod. A good friend of mine had a very nice '31 Model A 2 dr sedan for sale here on the HAMB for 18 months before it sold. So my encouragement to you would be to hang in there, knowing that a buyer is out there!

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  26. Budget36

Budget36

Also, maybe mention you have a title-if you do?

27. Budget36

Budget36

Odd that part of my reply went away.. I'd written it then searched for the car and seen the price and made a new post.

Stogy likes this.
  28. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

It's a cool looking car, when I saw it for $15K, I wanted it. But then reality set in: what am going to do with a T bucket? Buyers are out there, but scarce. Cast a wide net. There is at least a hundred places on line where you can list it for sale, many of them free.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Stogy likes this.
  29. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think when you keep bumping for months on end, it gets like fish outta water too long - it starts to smell bad. People get a little leary and wonder what's wrong with it.

I'd remove the listing for a month or two, take some different pics and then re-list it around $18,500. Sometimes too cheap isn't good, either. Gotta find the sweet spot.

JMO

30. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

I have found thaat if you have a very well built car, you can part it out and make more than selling it whole.

Jeff Norwell likes this.