Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2020 Lone Star Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by iceteacharlie, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Might be looking ahead quite a bit but time flies when you start getting older!... or have a goal to get a ride finished for an event! :D

Anybody bringing a new ride to the 2020 Lone Star Round Up or coming for the first time? This event is fantastic with super cool rides from one end of the spectrum to the other. Over 1800 cars and trucks there last year. ;)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. my wife and I will be attending the Viva Las Vegas car show the weekend before, then pointing the 50 chevy east and attending the Lonestar Roundup the following weekend. We're taking a much needed long vacation. My sister and her husband moved from California to a new home about 4 hours north of Austin, so, it's a long roadtrip for big brother to visit little sister. I know, too much info. Yes, we're going to the Lonestar roundup in 2020.

BigMike

3. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

Driving my new acquisition '56 F100 big window (providing I get the paint finished and some bugs worked out). This will be our first time attending, have wanted to for several years. Our son moved to Dallas recently, so that made the decision pretty easy. I have relatives in Oklahoma to visit after the Roundup, so we will make a trip out of it. The weather from here in Idaho to Texas in April could be a little sketchy so the trip could be veerrrrrry interesting to say the least. Anybody up here in my neck of the woods have the same idea?

stillrunners and Tim like this.
  4. Ldogg53

Ldogg53

Planning on going this year. Will be my first time with my car. Only other time I went was back in 2009 when I just happened to be in Austin while it was going on.

Some general questions I have.
    -what time does entry end with your car? I know we can start rolling in at 9am, but is there a cut-off time?
    -what time do most people start pulling out? And are there any restrictions on when you can leave?
    -how early do you have to be on S. Congress to get a parking spot?

I’m pumped about finally being able to roll in with my own ride and enjoy the festivities!!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Great pic and cool car^^^....

loudbang likes this.
  6. Ldogg53

Ldogg53

Thanks! Took that with my iPhone on an empty street right by my house.

stillrunners and scrap metal 48 like this.
  7. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

I’m going to try with my 36 roadster, then maybe leave in in Austin for a bayou trip.

stillrunners likes this.
  8. FORD FAN

FORD FAN

I'm planning on attending. We'll be flying in. Where should we stay? Any suggestions?

9. Ldogg53

Ldogg53

What all do you want to accomplish while in town? Just the show? Or come in and hang out for a few days around Austin?

If it’s just the show you can find hotels closer out to the Expo center East of town. But there isn’t much out there. If you want nightlife and nice restaurants etc then stay downtown or across on S Congress.

10. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I haven't attended for several years but the last time they had a Garage Crawl early on Sat. morning .saw some nice garages and some great cars in progress.If they have it don't miss it.

11. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok , the garage crawl starts at breakfast in a chosen parking lot on FRIDAY morning. And is done by or before noon.

12. manyolcars

manyolcars

Thats for the magazine editors whining about how hard it is to photograph a black car!

13. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

From what I hear about the magazine industry these days, there aren't many magazine editors left to whine.

14. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Guess its getting closer.... Should be riding my latest build out there.... If ya see me, come say hi...... I know we will have a good party at Top Notch Friday night.... Come hang out... IMG_1162.JPG