Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest The Bomb City Podcast

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

The Bomb City Podcast

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  2. Sounded pretty good to me.

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

wow.....
    Ryan, It was great to hear your thoughts on various subjects. I think I've learned more about you in that 1-1/2 hour interview than the last 16 yrs here on the hamb.
    Guys, Don't miss this, very funny and entertaining. Sure beats watching the Vikings on the history channel .
    Your insight on the east coast and west coast early hotrods was enlightening. Being from Ohio, I believe I agree with that assessment. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I laughed out loud with your drug and Vin Diesel issues.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Ya done good - Thanks for sharing

loudbang likes this.

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Great podcast, and yeah @travisfromkansas does a fantastic job with the chrome pipes and pinstripes pod cast.

6. Healeykid

Healeykid

Ryan - great podcast. I really enjoyed hearing your story and entry into the traditional world. Looking forward to your book!

loudbang likes this.
  7. Listened to your episode yesterday, now Im binge listening to the rest. Great to hear the story of how you got into all this man. Travis also has a great show. Listened to his episodes 2-3 times already. And dont forget the American Hot Rod Foundations show the RodCast.

travisfromkansas and loudbang like this.
  8. I got a big laugh ehrn you touched on being kidnapped and had to steel hubcaps to gain your freedom, I remembered that from years ago, the cocaine deal was hilarious, a lot of interesting conversation, Thank you sir. HRP

loudbang likes this.
  9. @Ryan , I'm halfway through it now. You said you like Radiolab, maybe check out 99% Invisible if you haven't already.

It had also never occurred to me to look for car/hot rod related podcasts, but stumbled across the Larger Than Life podcast, the story of Big Willie Robinson, and that one was cool.

loudbang likes this.
  10. stinson

stinson
    from alabama

Great listen, really enjoyed it. That seemed more like back and forth conversation and that made it cool. Love the story about driving the riviera across the desert. Thanks for your time and insight into your world.

loudbang likes this.
  11. stinson

stinson
    from alabama

loudbang and Tim like this.
  12. RMONTY

RMONTY

What's a podcast anyway? I've always heard the name but I thought it was something done in a foundry. :confused:

loudbang likes this.
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I know you’re probably kidding but I like to think of them as radio shows on demand in an era that hardly has functional DJ’s on the air any more.

J.Ukrop and loudbang like this.
  14. loudbang

loudbang

@Ryan well shit we always thought you might be a Hoodlum at heart. :) Now we have EVIDENCE that you really are a HOT ROD HOODLUM. :rolleyes:

1947knuck likes this.
  15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I hadn't read that in forever... Man, that car was special... "Gangster of steel."

And thanks fellas... That was REALLY out of my wheelhouse...

BTW, if you are into podcasts at all. The best series ever done in my opinion is S-Town. It's not car related at all, but it's just an amazing story that is beautifully told.

loudbang and stinson like this.
  16. Jay71

Jay71

Really enjoyed that! For years I’ve tried to figure out which custom it was that you stole the hubcaps off of. Stoked to finally hear which one it was! Haha I love that story!

loudbang likes this.
  17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This one:

[​IMG]

Twinge of guilt for sure... But I was a teenager... and in distress... and I'm pretty sure they gave them back as the car had em on the next day. I like to tell myself that anyway.