Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 65,000.00 What would you buy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 0NE BAD 51 MERC, Dec 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Stopped to check out the Blue color on a new F150, price was 65,000.00 . And I started to think of what I could buy as a daily driver for that kind of money and realized I could by the nicest 56 F1 panel I could find { My favorite Ford truck body style of all time} . The sad part is I drive a 5 year old F150 year round here in salt ridden Wisconsin but could not bear to subject a 60 plus year old truck that survived this long to the same conditions! lol Larry

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Move to Texas or Arizona! :D

Ray

3. 50 more project cars?
    Realistically I'd use it to move somewhere there is no snow and ice...

Edit...Ray beat me to it!

4. HSF

HSF
    from Lodi CA

A new AFC paint booth and rotary compressor. Then I could make more dough and buy more old cars.

5. brady1929

brady1929

6. RmK57

RmK57

Aren't the new Ford pickups made out of aluminium? Should last considerably longer than whatever else is out there.

Phoenix24 and Rramjet1 like this.
  7. southcross2631

southcross2631

65,000 lottery tickets. Maybe one be a winner.

8. couple or three ghetto properties on the edge of a 'gentry' renewal plan. sell 'em off for the big bucks and use the money to do whatever the hell you want. should have enough of it. those upwardly mobile wannabe types have great credit, and not much common sense..

banjeaux bob likes this.
  9. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I'd buy a plane ticket south then buy an seven year old truck down there and keep 50k in the bank.

But then I'm retired and drive a 08 Expedition with 125k on it.

10. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Doubtful. Oxidation is oxidation no matter what it is called.......steel/rust (oxidation).... aluminum/corrosion (oxidation)....same thing......'dust to dust'

Ford is using aluminum as a weight reduction medium first and foremost. I am not saying that is a bad or good thing...only that the trucks will still 'dissolve' in the the same circumstances.

Ray

rockable, dan31, dan griffin and 6 others like this.
  11. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

A complete one??:eek:

brady1929 and Deuces like this.
  12. KustomKreeps

KustomKreeps

hmm well thats not enough to get a 70 Buick GSX so I would get a Diamond T 201 Pickup. and the change I would use on either my 49 Hudson or put towards my missus Morris Minor chop and boy racer drift engine or speedy electric setup for it.

13. wvenfield

wvenfield

I wouldn't.

Deuces likes this.
  14. I'd buy a few Mason jars, put the rest of the money in said jars, and bury them in the back yard! I have a great job, i make enough money, but i never could spend that much for a daily driver. My wife has a newer car, but i still drive my 79 K10. My insurance is $200 a year and my taxes is around $30. I go everywhere i need to go....

15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

But, just think how impressed the other guys at the scrap yard will be when you pull in with the bed of your new very high dollar truck filled with rusty bent up car parts in it - well worth the 65K - HA!

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  16. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Saw a pic of what was left of a aluminum bodied pickup after a major fire......pools of melted aluminum surrounding the burned steel frame. Couldn't even tell what it was before the fire.

$60G might buy me the 40 Ford I've always wanted, with enough left over for a beater pickup.

47ragtop, scotty t and arkiehotrods like this.
  17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Sonny La Roc’s pearl of shangri la 55 Chevy

F06316E4-9C95-43AF-9BF3-4407389DB4A7.jpeg

18. Budget36

Budget36

I'm thinking if you have 65K to buy a '56 Ford PU, you probably have enough $$ not to worry about road salt.

19. they are using military grade aluminum.....the same aluminum the military uses on it's trays in the mess hall.;)

20. I would like to live somewhere with more snow

King ford likes this.
  21. I turned away an insurance job on a new Ford truck the other day, needed a bedside. I don't have a tig machine, and Ford is good with securing the replacement bedside with blind rivets. Goofy. I told them i couldn't do the job the way it should be done

dirty old man, egads and arkiehotrods like this.
  22. At least 6-7 cool cars to have fun with
    65 if I want a bunch of projects
    Or 3-4 good cars and a few week ends of booze n hookers.
    Never liked cocaine, love the way it smells tho :D

GZ, thegreenbuzzer, jimgoetz and 2 others like this.
  23. I drive a 2018 Ram 4x4 Diesel, and the other day, I decided that I have bought my last new truck. The new car/truck prices have lost all touch with reality. From now on, I’m driving old stuff. I have to keep my wife in something newer, but I can drive anything. I have my eyes peeled for a slightly O/T Ford pickup. As far as the 65K, I’d build a new shop and hang my shingle out front.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HunterYJ and b-body-bob like this.
  24. squirrel

squirrel

I think if I add up all the old cars I have now, it comes out to about 65k that I spent on them.

R A Wrench, wicarnut, Baumi and 6 others like this.
  25. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Me too and right now I'm driving a P.O.S. $500 winter beater that I don't know if it's going to make it trough the hole winter. lol.

26. RmK57

RmK57

Damn sure if your vehicle catches a major fire it wont matter what it was made of.

King ford likes this.
  27. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

28. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

That's what I'd get too but I don't mind 5 windows or 34s either as long as they are Period correct and chopped.

29. I am penurious so I wouldn't buy anything, I would keep the dough.

INVISIBLEKID and firstinsteele like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.