Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you listen to in your garage?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 41 C28, Feb 6, 2008.

1. 28rp

28rp

Anything recorded at Sun Records in the good ol days.

dana barlow and firstinsteele like this.
  2. Jimmie Dale Gilmore.....to mellow out

3. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Back in those days, it was rock and roll and nothing else. But, these days, it is concentration and mellowness that rules. Concentration in that I don’t want to make mistakes that would be evident with rock and roll music and my mind wandering away. So, some Earth, Wind and Fire, Pat Metheny, Norman Brown, CSNY, and to keep it rocking, The Killers. Before, the rock music got the energy flowing for some working tunes.

Currently, the project is already planned out and if I concentrate on the project involved, (like chopping a Greenlight 1/64 car, I don’t want to buy another one because I screwed up.) as nice as I have made the garage organized, looks great, the cabinets/drawers/counter tops are totally functional and ready for any type of work, it is still a garage.

I would rather be inside reading, drawing, writing or even editing my films for our permanent files. Organization is in the forefront and I want to make it easier for anyone, later on, to find whatever they are looking for in my files. Like my wife’s name in my film/photo files contain all family photos, stories and films. So, if by chance she looks at my computers, she sees her name and family files, that is the place to go for a little history that we have put together.

Jnaki

But I do like to spend time in the garage organizing what is there. As I do not use everything and stuff does get lost sometimes. Don’t get me wrong, music is important, but some of the c-rap on the media places just does not go with what we like in real music. Some of our “newish” stuff comes from our granddaughter’s days growing up with us from 6 months to age 14. Some is really good and it keeps the scene lively. So, yes, music in the garage works well, if it is good music.
    upload_2019-11-19_3-47-41.png
    We had our time listening to rock and roll in a great environment in our 20’s. So, there still is that good old rock and roll feeling in our bones and digital files. These days, it is easier and with the old school Ipod and some great speakers, the sound can be pretty close to those amplified days.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  4. I like that old time Rock and Roll. lol :rolleyes: { A Story } When I was in high school a girl that I was dating gave me a B.J. Thomas 8 track tape. I owned an 8 track recorder at the time. So I took the recorder out to the driveway. I put her tape in the recorder, and started up my Vette. I then did a big burnout. I then taped shut down by the Beach Boys after the burnout! The next time she put in B.J.'s tape in the Vette's player she heard this. { Rain drops keep falling on my head, then the high Rev and a long burnout with the Beach Boys, tach it up tach it up buddy gonna shut you down!! lol I still like all those old car songs the best! Ron.....

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  5. Dusty roads

Dusty roads
    BANNED

Classic Country

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Deuces likes this.
  6. Yeti Man

Yeti Man
    from NorthTexas

klleetrucking likes this.
  7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Country Metal. LOL

I like all the old stuff.
    The standards
    Some semi obscure stuff
    Rockabilly, mostly old, some new
    Surfing music, mostly old, some new

For motivation in the shop...

Later in the evening...

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

dana barlow likes this.
  8. Fstarocka

Fstarocka

alot of sermons, and greaser rockabilly :)

9. AM540 its a classic hits station that plays everything old from Glen Miller orchestra to Waylon Jennings... Oh and Wolfman Jack on Saturday nights! gotta listing to old music when building old cars right??? And the am radio gives a nice buzz while drilling or grinding!

greaseSlinger57 likes this.
  10. Tonight...........
    Black Uhuru
    Guess who's coming to dinner (Shine eye gal).

And some old SKA

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    greaseSlinger57 likes this.
  11. j hansen

j hansen

I dont know if you`ve ever heard of a guy called
    Seasick Steve,,,he has some great songs.
    He is American,his drummer is Swedish .
    He and I drove Harleys together in the-80`s
    Seasick Steve is quite famous in Europe maybe
    not so much in USA.
    Skärmavbild 2019-12-08 kl. 13.05.12.png

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Deuces and greaseSlinger57 like this.
  12. Monte 123

Monte 123

Rush Limbaugh, but it's getting hard with the same old deep state treachery every day. As for music, pop rock stations are playing the same thing over and over, I mean how many times can you hear Metallica and not get nauseated by it. Cover songs galore, originals were better. Tuning into the sound of silence more and more, I've heard it all too many times. I do hear me talking to myself quite a bit though.

chubbie and greaseSlinger57 like this.
  13. Been on a big King Diamond kick lately, but overall mine hasn't changed much, heavy rotation of thrash metal, grindcore, death metal and black metal.

greaseSlinger57 and mad mikey like this.
  14. stude54ht

stude54ht
    from Spokane WA

Welders, grinders, hammers, a few swear words, well maybe more than a few.

greaseSlinger57 and mad mikey like this.
  15. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Pre-beatles only,NO,No Beatles, That's when it turn bad fore me !

Rickybop likes this.
  16. HEAVY METAL, mostly 80's-90;s Hair band stuff too. Lots of Pantera, Slayer, and some radio stations.

17. RmK57

RmK57

18. Deuces

Deuces

Christmas music.....

19. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Vintage ROCK and ROLL!!! 40+ year old vintage not 20 year old!! lol Larry

dana barlow likes this.
  20. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Always a favorite for me.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Deuces and dana barlow like this.
  21. KustomKreeps

KustomKreeps

For me depends on what car im working on, what beverage im knocking back and if my missus is out wrenching or pulling lines as she pinstripes.

Generally I guess its three playlists.

Kreeps Ratrod Scumbag Metal (Spotify Link)
    Youtube of the kinda stuff:

Kreeps Gangsta Cruisin Tunes (Spotify Link)

KustomKreeps Hotrod'n Tunez (Spotify Link)

Doubt its to the likeing of most people on HAMB but hey life would be boring if we all liked the same shiz

blakejr57 likes this.
  22. Boodlum

Boodlum

23. toml24

toml24

I have a MP3 player with 2,782 songs, mostly oldies-but-goodies. The greatest era for music was 1959-1964, with fantastic instrumentals, great folk, country, western, rock and roll, novelty music. There were dozens of "Garage Bands" around the world who had the proverbial "15 minutes of fame", who performed some incredible instrumentals. But everything changed on February 4, 1964, when the Beatles appeared on TV with Ed Sullivan. All of those garage bands disappeared overnight. The instrumental: The unsung hero of 1960's music.

24. DaBeers34

DaBeers34
    from California

Lots of punk rock and outlaw country. But I like to change it up. Grew up around a lot of music. So sometimes ill change it to CCR or the beach Boys. Also depends on what I'm drinkin.

Sent from my SM-N975U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. RmK57

RmK57

The greatest era of music is the era you grew up in as a teenager. For me it's the early to late 70's, for my daughter it's todays fluff.

26. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

I am an exception to that rule. Grew up in the 80s/90s and enjoy quite a bit of 70-80s Rock but my favorite era of music is 1962-1970. Huge Beach Boys Jan and Dean, Guess Who, One hit wonder Songs of the 60s, CCR Doors Steppenwolf Royal Gaurdsmen, Barry McGuire etc etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    Deuces, mad mikey and 0NE BAD 51 MERC like this.
  27. toml24

toml24

For me Rock and Roll and oldies but goodies ended on December 31, 1972. All music made after that date is quality, but I chose to listen to the early stuff.

28. toml24

toml24

I remember the day I got in my car, turned on the radio, to the Los Angeles AM station for oldies, KRLA, 1110, and discovered they changed their format to DISCO. I just about crapped in my pants. A truly sad moment.

Deuces and mad mikey like this.
  29. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC