Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Thanks man, bunches of fun! I've talked the hot rod black with a flaked, paneled, endless line top, with scallops.... but I'm leaning hard toward a good looking blue with a prizmatyque in the clear... but we'll see what happens. I change my mind A LOT :D

1947knuck likes this.
  2. Laced this top and saved the lace, seen it the other day in a cabinet in the garage and a light bulb came on.... until i realized it's about 4' too short lol 20190424_203728.jpg

3. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

That would look great on that.

loudbang likes this.
  4. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I love that stuff as well or any metal flake. The bigger flake the better.

loudbang likes this.
  5. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

You could do the lace in panels.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

brEad, treb11, scotty t and 2 others like this.
  6. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

My thought as well!

loudbang likes this.
  7. The 605 box came in 80’s G body GM cars. Monte/cutlass/ regal/ etc. I believe GM p/s hoses only had two types of “ends” the older flare and the newer O ring style. I think the 605 has the newer style. A good auto parts store can make them for you. Speedway sells adapters the use the old type hoses on the newer box’s.

41 coupe and loudbang like this.
  8. Thanks Scotty, i appreciate your help. I'll repay you in ice cold beer when June rolls around:D:)

1947knuck and scotty t like this.
  9. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I bought some fittings and used -6 AN stainless on the pressure side of mine, bought a return box fitting for a S10 and used regular oil resistant rubber for my return hose. Like was said, only two types of fittings, flare or O ring, pretty easy to see the difference. I think I used Earl's fittings, but may have been Aeroquip.

scotty t and loudbang like this.
  10. Thanks Mr. Bama, I'll get in there and see what it is. I appreciate all the help, this is my first old car with power steering lol

1947knuck and loudbang like this.
  11. You must be getting old! My 56 is the first car I've added p/s to.

loudbang likes this.
  12. Getting? I'm hold stock in ibuprofen lol. And coffee. I finished the column today, fabbed a mount to the pedal box. I dug through the boxes of parts that came with the car but couldn't find anything that looked correct.

13. Are you gonna have your 56 at bowling green this coming year?

14. No guaranties!

loudbang likes this.
  15. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Paint that car! Your a Firefighter so you must have BALL'S! Hell even female firefighters have bigger balls than me , cause I could not do what you do! But I can custom paint the Hell out of anything! Paint it blue , panel mask it, flake the panels with a contrasting blue flake, then lace it with a 3 to 4 shades darker blue with fogged edges, add some pearl blue to the first coat of clear and then clear the shit out of it! Cut and buff and then drop a shot of Jack Daniels and slam a beer and scream HELL YA!! Unless you do not have balls, then just shoot her in flat black tractor paint,;);) lol your car your choice ! Larry

16. Lmao!!!!! My balls are big as grapes! But hell yeah! Bring the Jack and help me!

17. Waiting on a radiator and disc brake kit........ :rolleyes:

1947knuck likes this.
  18. That's about all I've done too.

19. I'm chomping at the bit to get going, but it's hard to do anything without some parts.... every time i hear a vehicle outside i run and look to see if it's UPS or FedEx lol

1947knuck and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

If I had your car it would be hard for me not to put a straight axle on it and go for the Gasser look. I always loved the look of Tri 5 Gassers.

21. Believe me, it's crossed my mind. I think every car needs a straight axle lol

1947knuck and chevy57dude like this.
  22. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Food for thought. Ha Ha! 1832ac56041f773a373f7ab78990d367.jpg 7244358e8de60b640f00ec2852be15d8.jpg 8c261a7c72f0a1ba09bd40cb26a45b1e.jpg

23. Hey you don't gotta try to convince me lol... I'm already a fan. Just figured I'd keep going in the direction it was started.

1947knuck likes this.
  24. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I don't blame you. It will be great whatever route you take. It's just my wheels turning. Every car I see always makes them turn. It's a huge problem for me. That's why I have to many projects right now. I'm hoping my Pontiac sells soon or I'll start working on that one too.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  25. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Yeah. 1966 Pontiac Catalina on air ride.

chryslerfan55 likes this.