Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Here it goes! Stay tuned.... get a cold beer and kick back friends, watch the idiot go to work! 20191129_134244.jpg

tb33anda3rd, 1947knuck and loudbang like this.
  2. 6" out of the shift tube. 20191129_135109.jpg

tb33anda3rd and 1947knuck like this.
  3. 6" shorter. Let's stick it back together and see how it looks... join me won't you?? 20191129_142030.jpg

1947knuck, loudbang and scotty t like this.
  4. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

There you go. Nice and I agree about no key switch on the column. Big no no.

loudbang likes this.
  5. And a good time was had by all... somebody send me a horn ring :D 20191129_164418.jpg

62hotcat, tb33anda3rd, ClarkH and 6 others like this.
  6. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

That's what I call hot rodding . You take what you got and make what you need! Of course using Rich Plichetts the late head of West Coast Customs 57 delivery as inspiration with its Bill Hinz chop and paint with a Jerry Wesner of Street Rodder /Custom Rodder fame scallop layout and Larry Watson pin striping put's a little pressure on you to do good! lol Larry

7. Lol I'm not gonna take it that far.... but i am gonna paint this car, that's way out there for me. My junk usually gets some tractor supply satin black and a windshield and it's ready to go!

1947knuck, scotty t and loudbang like this.
  8. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

That was worth it. Nice. Always liked the shifter on the column with automatics. Makes more sense to me especially with a bench seat.

9. Thanks man! Still got figure out how I'm gonna make the linkage work to the trans, the shift lever is just inside of the firewall. I can cut it and transition it further down the column but space is at a premium lol. I've got this idea of using a morse cable? I'll figure something out. And thanks for pushing me to cut the column, i read your post and it was like an old high school football coach giving me a pep talk lol

1947knuck likes this.
  10. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Happy to give you the push you needed. Now get out there and give em hell.;)

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  11. I would love to.... but today I sit at a firehouse, watching football :D

1947knuck likes this.
  12. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Paid to watch football. Nice. I'm working today too. Hopefully I can pull my motor Monday.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  13. Heck yeah! When you tell people that you work 24 on/48 off, they always say "i couldn't stay awake that long" i used to explain that the station is just like home, we have bedrooms, kitchen, living room etc, and after 8pm we're allowed to go to sleep, but now i just say "you get used to it" lol

1947knuck, OahuEli, Tim and 3 others like this.
  14. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Do you have a pole you get to slide down and is the mustache part of the uniform?:)

loudbang and scotty t like this.
  15. No pole :( and the mustache is in rebellion because you're not allowed to have facial hair past your jawbone. The pole was removed because sleeping quarters are no longer above the apparatus bay, thanks to all of the carcinogens in diesel exhaust

1947knuck likes this.
  16. loudbang likes this.
  17. Is that the cable that normally goes from the floor shifter to the column for the key lock?

1947knuck likes this.
  18. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I thought you guys had those mustaches so you didn't look like cops. A fire house without a pole that's a shame.

19. Hero shit ain't easy, that's why i drink

20. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Yeah just don't smoke because were there's smoke there's fire and if you do you'll get fired.

loudbang likes this.
  21. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I want to apologize on this thread also for going off topic. I did the same on my own thread and had some posts deleted. I don't want that to happen here so I'll be sure to stay on point from now on.

loudbang likes this.
  22. Yepper

loudbang likes this.
  23. All is good my friend, i didn't see anything wrong.

1947knuck likes this.
  24. I think i could make that work easier than modifying the column

1947knuck likes this.
  25. Worth a try, it’s a “push-pull” type of cable

loudbang likes this.
  26. Alright man, I'll get me one. This heap has a 6 cylinder radiator support in it, i need to order me up one of them there fancy aluminum radiators. Do i get one for a 6 banger or the V8?

1947knuck likes this.
  27. I believe they sell them as V8 with 6 cyl mounting position

loudbang likes this.
  28. Power steering hoses.... there's a plain standard power steering pump on my motor, and the 605 box which I'm gonna run with until i see how it works, so what can i scavenge hoses from? I don't have no idea what cars that box came on originally...

1947knuck likes this.
  29. Nice project and progress Lloyd! Maybe Satin for the body like you want and silver flake vinyl wrap for the roof! Just an idea.