Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods FOUND AN OLD DRAGSTER TODAY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotrod1959, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Mickey Thompson
    upload_2019-11-30_7-3-3.png

2. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

That’s a really cool old dragster. Nice find and while it might not make tech (ok, won’t tech) it’s a super cool wall or ceiling art that would neat all bolted back together.

Just my thought but I really dig it.

Cliff Ramsdell

3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Yes its a real shame nobody will let you run with a leather football helmet, T-shirt, a rope seatbelt while smoking a cigerette while going down the track on bald tires

loudbang, upspirate, oldolds and 5 others like this.
  4. 392

Good stuff.

loudbang likes this.
  5. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

I’ve heard a lot more horror stories about the entire rear end housing breaking loose and spinning inside the car than the ring and pinion letting go and doing damage to the driver.

loudbang likes this.
  6. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

And from that, the rules were changed to the size and number of bolts used to bolt the rear end in place plus the anti rotation plate/mount. Usually it was the stock dif itself that broke causing the entire rear to lock up and spin the housing out of the car

Used Up Junk and loudbang like this.
  7. .........you forgot sunglasses.

loudbang likes this.
  8. oldolds

oldolds

Hahaha. I was not wanting to be that traditional. I was hoping a fresh built old style car could be used. I do understand the tethers in an open car.
    I could build a 12 second Toyota 4 door and not need much more than a helmet.
    I understand the need for rules. That is why I ran it thru the tech guy before I spent money on a car.
    He stated if if looked like a front engine dragster it needed everything no matter how slow it was.

loudbang likes this.
  9. The only difference between upside down and dead in a 4 sec open car and upside down and dead in a 12 sec open car is that in the 12 sec car you lived 8 sec longer.

Nostrebor, 427 sleeper and stanlow69 like this.