Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods So Many Wheel Styles. Can't Decide

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, Nov 29, 2019.

?
  1. 1 to 7

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Any

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Good Idea but Tires Not The Same Size

2. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Plain black wheels. :)

3. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

4. Jay71

Jay71

Of the pics you posted I like the black wheels with baby moons. The radial WW ruin that setup imo. Throw some big n little bias plys on it and that’s another story.

5. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Yeah, that is a great look, I could be quite happy with that and never want to change it.

IMO it's the front that just doesn't look right. I think they look great on the rear, but you need to pair them with something else on the front, and that becomes the difficult part, what to pair them with.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. RockyMtnWay

RockyMtnWay

Do what you gotta do.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
  7. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I appreciat the comments, I am picking up an original style Rootlieb full hood this week. This is the only roadster I have enjoyed and is a pleasure to cruise in. Living in Calgary I am sure you know what I am talking about. My last roadster was like yours and I hated it being in Canada. The windows are awesome, as is the foldaway top. and the A.C. is not bad either. The big plus is my wife is back to enjoying cruising also. To each his own. I guess I will continue to switch the wheels around when I feel the urge.

WB69 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  8. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2019-12-1_3-9-27.png
    Hello,

Your hot rod is very nicely put together, for a great look and stance. You have a ton of choices for all of the tastes here on the HAMB. Each one is going to tell you why your roadster should look like it does because of their own likes and dislikes. Get ready for the onslaught.

The look for any West Coast, So Cal street or drag race hot rod was limited to what was available and the bank account. If it was a street legal coupe/sedan, the top choice was the Halibrand Mag Wheels.
    upload_2019-12-1_3-10-1.png
    upload_2019-12-1_3-10-18.png Dean Lowe
    So, the your slotted mag version comes the closest to the look that most guys wanted on their hot rods. My brother and I had a set of Halibrands ordered for our 1940 Willys C/Gas Coupe, big 15” in the back and narrow 15” in the front.

Jnaki

Now as far as the shiny chrome look with the American Mag Torq Thrusts, the original finish is what was “THE” look and style. People who ran them usually had the original finish and not the chromed/polished look.
    upload_2019-12-1_3-11-46.png Gary Nichols

bowie and chevy57dude like this.
  9. Vintiques with the baby moons would be my choice.
    The pictures posted are a perfect example, of how much the tire/wheel combination can change the whole look of a car.

10. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Thanks For The Input, By The Way I have A Set Of Original Torque Thrusts But No Tires Yet. LOL

jnaki likes this.
  11. Of the options shown, these are my favorite
    D0530585-E396-485A-81FB-352BC7F62C12.jpeg

The general look if most of the others are good too but I do not like the “smoothie “ wheels

12. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

X 2 on what Scotty t thinks !

Kan Kustom likes this.
  13. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Pick up a Rod and Custom October 1960 and look at the rods in that magazine.

rod n custom.jpg

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

in my view of things your tire sizes are all off. I'd like the Keystones but with a skinny tire up front.

15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

The 'smoothie-steelie' look of Vintiques just screams 'Goodguise Street rod' at its loudest.
    Windowed steel Ford wheels '40 front, '40 centers welded in reversed BUICK outer tapered rims on rear would be my choice, black tires, bias ply. Big & littles, natch'.
    Beauty rings and '46 Ford caps would look 'hot rodded w/Factory stuff'...
    That is a BEAUTIFUL '32 Roadster! Can't wait for the Rootleib hood...

16. Clik

Clik

Black steel w/moons

17. Ziggster

Ziggster

Black rims with moons, but I would add a pinstripe ring to match that on the belt line.

18. Sorry but I just can't take it anymore. You guys should know those are not Keystone wheels right ? TEAM III still makes them.
    1 E-T III.jpg

Kan Kustom and bowie like this.
  19. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Please accept my apologies you are right. My wheels are ET lll s. Thanks. Larry

Kan Kustom likes this.
  20. I'm liking the ETIII's or the black with caps!

21. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Keystones. They look like Halibrand's or ET's , my favorites. But I didn't know Keystone made that style. If they are Keystones, I like those too.

22. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I agree with all of this except for the original or Brookville part. I would stay with the Lobeck style no matter what body it had. Original, Brookville, Dearborn or fiberglass.