Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Should I be doing this /am I out of line ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blazedogs, Nov 29, 2019.

1. blazedogs

blazedogs

I have been with the HAMB as a member for a long time now. I primarily use it to learn, not into big events etc. One issue ,we all learn from one another what ( products) for our builds are good or bad and express it I,ve done this in the past ,most recent with gauges on our websight I have absolutely no agenda when I do this...Am I out of line doing this,is this being offensive ??

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  2. As I recall you were saying you had a couple of Stewart Warner gauges that didn't work and I assume you were interested to know what the problem was, I haven't had any problems with any of their gauge, vintage or new.

Did you try and get in touch with the manufacture? HRP

3. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

I dont get the dilemma, its smart to learn from others mistakes. Unless you want to make your own? You gain wisdom from others mistakes or experiences just the same..and it's less painful and costly.

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Considering the many (negative) discussions about their current products I'd say no.
    Just like the posts about that other bunch of junk peddlers that have become so ? Famous? if anything I'd call your post a public service.

5. Only if you are being malicious.
    Speaking your experience is not out of line. At least not to me. But be forewarned, this path (telling the truth) is fought with controversy and crusifiction. And by its very nature is unconventional, can be seen as disrespectful and out of the mainstream “ line”. Being the rebel is not necessarily the easy path. I appreciate it ! Keep it coming.
    So thanks

Just Gary and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  6. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

It's best to keep up on product quality shared by the experience of others these days, lots of the companies we knew and loved in the past have been bought up and merged into large corporations that put profits first and not quality and use off shore cheap labor and materials.

7. It never hurts to post your experience,,,,,good or bad.
    It gives others a heads up about products.

It is sad how some of the old tried and true products have become poor quality.
    Used to be,,,,Reputation was everything,,,I guess not anymore,,,with all the mergers and brand acquisitions. Then they just want to make the money,,,and combine products,,,kill the old brand names sometimes.
    Sad !

Also,,,,,sometimes,,,there are bad runs of products as well.
    A few almost always get out the door occasionally,,,,it is part of manufacturing.
    Then if the factory doesn’t stand behind the product,,,it is on their neck,,,people quit buying eventually.

I always like to hear about the issues that happen here day to day,,,,as long as it doesn’t become a bitch session,,,,to complain about everything.
    Then I just tune it out.

Tommy

Peter Nowak likes this.
  8. Ziggster

Ziggster

I think I previously mentioned in some other thread that on another forum I use, they actually created a place to put such threads but I believe the owner had some rules governing what could be posted.

9. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

I find no offense to anyone giving their opinion of a bad experience they encountered. Let's face it, that how we all learn is from what others have dealt with. But I'm a firm believer in sometimes reading between the lines when I hear of a negative comment on a product or service. When I started on Hamb I encountered a fellow who seemed to offer nothing but put downs and cheap shots about everything anyone was doing or selling or buying. It wasn't long before I realised that was all he was contributing to every thread he was on. I do reviews on a travel sight and am sometimes blown away by the people who give bad reviews of great places because there is seaweed in the sea and because a waiter didn't bring a drink to them the second their last drink was finished.