Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features NO HAMB ON TURKEY DAY!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bandit Billy, Nov 27, 2019.

1. My plans are to eat , take a nap, then eat again. Happy thanksgiving to all.

2. The Bird is in the oven! My two daughters, and our four grandkids are here. They spend the night every Thanksgiving, and Christmas eves. The plan is coffee than play slot cars, watch parades, take our 2019 Christmas card photo, and eat turkey { 12:00 ? } The grandkids and I will then play with the Go Karts, and mini bikes, while the others will watch that boring football. That's my HAMB and Turkey Day. Ron....

1Nimrod, Bandit Billy, Deuces and 8 others like this.
  3. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Ron,
    Your plan sounds really good. Our relatives and extended family is spread out all over the USA this year. Missouri, Kansas City, Tennessee and Yosemite's freezing camping, etc. The weather is playing havoc out West and supposedly, will hit the Midwest and East with a vengeance. So, that planned afternoon sounds like what we used to do back in those close knit family days. Have fun...

Jnaki
    The rain has been blasting the coast line like a mini hurricane. Watching the huge sections of rain out in the Ocean coming into the harbor areas is like watching something strange coming at you. But, within an hour or so, it slows down to a dribble. Finally, sitting quietly reading or writing, the storm pounds the sliding doors again, like it wants to come into the house to get away from the rest of what is coming this week. STAY SAFE AND DRY...

4. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Happy Thanksgiving Billy! Being newly retired (as of 11-1), I'm looking forward to taking the weekend off from all my new projects! As you know I sold the roadster, delivered it to it's happy new owner in Lexington KY, spent some of the money on materials for a new storage barn. On the way home from the building inspectors office I stopped by a local auto recycling yard and spied a black Dodge Ram (All Black Dodge Ram!, look on YouTube for the video), which turned out to be a 2019 with 5,000 miles on it. I couldn't not buy it, and spent the rest of the roadster money on that. So, lot's of new projects, and lot to be thankful for this year. The projects are new, but there'll be another hot rod down the road.

5. catdad49

catdad49

Brian, ABDR! Lol, that's makes Me want to check it out ( I do have an all black Dodge Dakota)!

flynbrian48 and Deuces like this.
  6. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Happy Thanksgiving and No hamb but 19# Brisket and 12 # Butt smoking with Applewood / pecan on the Weber’s FF7B5738-B25E-419B-B4CA-3F2F33FD2081.jpeg

7. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Maybe they'll let you in, I don't know. Dude, these trucks are CLUTCH! Dealers can't keep 'em on the lot! I had to get, like 8 or 9 co-signers! Throws Devil Horns...

8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Sampling the HAMB before everyone gets here wont hurt will it?:D

1Nimrod, Deuces, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  9. Sounds like FUN to me! Do you mind if we all come over and play? :cool::D

1Nimrod, Deuces, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  10. raven

raven

Now that’s a turkey I could get into....
    uh, that didn’t come out right...
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Deuces, Stogy, hotrodjack33 and 4 others like this.
  11. Well, that looks like a no-go. It snowed 7" the other day and I thought it would be gone by now, but it's 24* today and nasty. I guess I'll have to wait until Saturday now. :(

Here's what it looks like out my front window... :rolleyes:
    IMG_3074.JPG

1Nimrod, Deuces, e1956v and 4 others like this.
  12. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Fifth grade, we had to write what we were thankful for and then stand and read it to the class. Most kids were thankful for Mom Dad their dog and little sister\brother. When it came to the Brown twins Larry was thankful for his family then Ronnie stood up and said he was thankful that Larry's head was bigger than his, with that the fight was on..

13. No H.A.M.B. on Thanksgiving?! Surely you can’t be serious?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Ron Funkhouser, Deuces, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Ok can we see pic of slot car track???????

15. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

"The many retired on here may scoff"
    I'm retired so scoff scoff,

Sent from my SM-G973U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For a good number of the years I Worked For TSA I worked Thanksgiving and Christmas morninngs to let the people with young families home if they chose to. Our family usually eats later soit wasn't an issue time wise. Today I'm staying out of the way in the sunroom at mom's with the Cowboys on and Hambin as my wife calls it.

Sent from my VS988 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. Can't have Hamb on Thanksgiving, sounds like the hen rules the roost today. :D:rolleyes: HRP

18. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No celebrations over my way. For my family, it is a somber day of remembrance, and reluctant forgiveness.

19. Had Dinner with my Lady at her nursing home. Only one of the young [ almost 60! ] ones. Lady is going away, BUT SHE IS STILL HERE!
    Thanks to all those who work on this day to help others.

Ben

Texas57, OLSKOOL57, 1Nimrod and 9 others like this.
  20. Looks like somebody didn't follow the one that should be obeyed. HRP

Bandit Billy was last seen:
    Today at 2:00 AM

21. Deuces

Deuces

22. NO NO NO Desert first!! Heh heh heh

23. Sorry for your loss. HRP

Deuces, OLSKOOL57, 1Nimrod and 4 others like this.
  24. SR100

SR100

The Hamb servers are on Central time, two hours ahead of the west coast. So he was here @ midnight west coast time. He pushed it as far as he could and still get fed.

25. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear that guys. But thanks for sharing your stories...it helps to remind us NOT to take family, friends or life for granted.

Texas57, 1Nimrod, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  26. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So this year you got rammed and Rammed. Sorry buddy, had to go there. ;)

charleyw, flynbrian48 and loudbang like this.
  27. Here's a few close ups. It's still under construction. It has a 35' drag strip, and a 35' banked oval. I'll take some aerial shots when it's finished. The kids build their own cars. They love it when the cows wonder on to the track. lol Happy Thanksgiving Ron.....
    062.jpg 104.jpg 268.jpg 260.jpg 236.jpg 520.jpg 521.jpg 1451.jpg 523.jpg 1920.jpg 904.jpg 529.jpg 1289.jpg 248.jpg

28. ^^^Incredible work, Ron^^^

Deuces, OLSKOOL57, 1Nimrod and 3 others like this.
  29. topher5150

topher5150

A couple of 90s Ford trucks but nothing I could use, and all the other little places with older cars were closed.

Sent from my moto z4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  30. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

A dear Loving friend of my family went home to be with our Father God in Heaven the day before Thanksgiving Day. She was our adopted Grandma Bea she was 94 years young. She was so eager to be with her family on Thanksgiving Day this year but the Lord took her home to be with her new family and her husband Tom in Heaven. What a wonderful generation Grandma Bea came from and sadly not many are with us anymore. I'm Thankful for Grandma Bea and Grandpa Tom for being a part of my family for the past 30 year's what a beautiful gift they blessed us with. There Love for each other and for our Father God has been passed on to the countless people they came to know and with out even knowing it they taught us so much about life and helping other's and not asking for anything in return but simple Love and respect. I will miss her hugs and her gentle soft hand on my check and her gentle yet stern voice of wisdom and guidance. This world lost a loving beautiful caring woman of God and there's not to many like my Grandma Bea left in this great country of ours any more. I'm thankful for the year's God blessed us with our Grandpa Tom and Grandma Bea they were what Love is all about...
    From Dustin (1Nimrod)