Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features NO HAMB ON TURKEY DAY!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bandit Billy, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Who cares, I'll take either Gary.

2. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

Having both turkey and ham, so everybody have a great Thanksgiving and be grateful for making it to another one.

1Nimrod, loudbang, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  3. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]
    Thanks Don...now THAT'S Thanksgiving ! ! !

Showed this to Bonnie...suggesting perhaps a Thanksgiving reenactment ?:D:D:D:D:D:D

It appears that it's NOT going to happen...and I'm an "idiot".:(

Texas57, slim38, Rckt98 and 17 others like this.
  4. Any brief moment of pause for me is H.A.M.B. time! I’m sure I’ll get some shit from my wife about H.A.M.B. time tomorrow, but oh well!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang, Stogy, prpmmp and 3 others like this.
  5. Deuces

Deuces

I got today off and don't have to go back till Monday morning..... Hope to be sober by then....:confused:
    Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving weekend and go easy on the 101 proof Wild Turkey.... ;):rolleyes::D

6. Deuces

Deuces

7. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Has it been stuffed yet???

8. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why are you an "idiot"? Seems like a reasonable request to me... I wonder if I could talk my wife into the same kind of reenactment... Ahhh, to dream the impossible dream.

9. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

You guys keep using that four letter word! It’s offensive to my ears!
    Going to the ranch to have Thanksgiving with my Mom and family, haven’t missed a Thanksgiving there since 1957.

Bones

alanp561, loudbang, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  10. 1940Willys

1940Willys

For maybe the last 5 years been cook'n them on a Weber Grill outside. Crispy golden brown outside, moist, juicy, inside. 20151126_155400 (1) (1).jpg Delish!

1Nimrod, alfin32, slim38 and 13 others like this.
  11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Have a Happy One - what ever is your style 20191127_144153.jpg 20191127_155902.jpg

12. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Is she was in my kitchen look'n my appetite for food isn't what would be on my mind. Look at those drumsticks......

13. When I was young and dumber I would party way too hardy on the Wednesday before thanksgiving, so much so that I could barely eat dinner! I don’t miss thato_O

14. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think my turkey timer just popped out!

15. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL!!! I'm trying to decide what part to sample first... legs or breasts...

raven, loudbang, hotrodjack33 and 3 others like this.
  16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hope you and your families gave a great Thanksgiving!

Bob

17. Brings back memories when I was younger!

Ben

18. prpmmp

prpmmp

You got that right!! I wish I knew that last year!!:eek: Pete

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. Deuces

Deuces

First start with a smile..... :)

20. Happy Thanksgiving everybody & you too Bandit Billy.
    I will have some turkey with my bride then sit in the recliner & take a nap. Sister & her family were supposed to be here but weather has them all staying home ,so they cancelled & we have 20 #s of turkey for the two of us.going to lots of leftovers. I also have 4 pies to devourer. maybe get some garage time.

21. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I cooked 2 turkeys today, I am going to my sisters for dinner, the better half is going with her parents
    and bringing some of the turkey to them. We will be eating the rest over the next 3 weeks or so.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all, I will check the H.A.M.B in the am with my coffee, probably will not
    check in again till Friday.

22. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ha! I thought that was a given...

23. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Theres the job Ive been looking for!
    Thankful to have the one Ive got, but things could be better;)

24. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Who knew Bandit Billy was a literary genius! :D

Deuces, loudbang, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  25. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Got my new trade coming in Friday Morn then going to LKQ. Late model stuff i know but Lota of little part, and great sale.

26. loudbang

loudbang

Just finished mine. BUT could not finish the Cheesecake with pumpkin spread in the middle and covered in Maple syrup. It was awesome but forgot that it was coming and ate too much of the normal turkey day food first. But there is always later after a nap. :)

27. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Me too!! Being a mail carrier sucked sometimes didn't it. I am lovin the retirement though:D:D:D

28. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pretty hard to stuff one of those little critters, isn't it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Having understanding parents while we were teenagers was pretty outstanding. We used to have family sit down dinners with the whole family on Thursday night. But, over the years, being teenagers, we were invited to other friends and families dinners as well as having a ton of people over to our house. But, that got a little too busy for my mom.

She was a simple, but outstanding cook and her mantra was to provide for our family, not the whole relative/friends/neighbor scene. So, as those events happened while we were young, as teenagers, we had other things to do on our school vacations.

My brother was always thinking, so he planned 3-4 day vacations in Baja for our long extended surf vacations. So, my accommodating parents did the whole Thanksgiving dinner thing on Wednesday night. It was limited to only our family and one year, several of our friends that was going to ride with us to Mexico after dinner.

Besides, if we left on Wednesday night after dinner, all day Thursday and the weekend was a time my parents were left alone. Yes, that causes some funny scenarios, but they were probably glad the two brothers and friends were 200 plus mile away at some secret Baja Surf Point location for 4 days.

My dad used to bring home smoked turkey for the some of the Wednesday night dinners. That was fabulous as we had smoked turkey for lunch and dinner for several nights on those rocky Baja beaches. My mom was happy we were gone, because she got taken out to a nice restaurant for dinner two to three nights in a row. (sans teenagers)

Our hot rods and station wagons were prepped and ready to go down the coast. A quick stop at 1 am in Dana Point was always the stopping point because of free block ice to last for the whole time in Baja. The melting water was preserved as an emergency drinking source, if needed. No south of the border water for us, even for brushing teeth.

Jnaki

Those were the times, as a teenager, that were repeated for the next several years. It was the school vacation highlight and we all looked forward to the next session down in Baja. After college, things changed and those Thursday afternoons at relative's houses started popping up again. Or the big bashes at our house on Thursday evenings happened for a while.

But, my mom was leaning toward going to dinner at a restaurant instead of slaving over a hot over/stove for the whole morning and afternoon. She relented when the two brothers met and married their future wives plus the new extended families. Then, the big dinners started again even at our tiny house with 24 relatives and friends. It was a mad house, but memorable.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  30. catdad49

catdad49

Plenty to be Thankful for, hope all you HAMBers have a wonderful day with your Loved ones. Miss Lynx, I think it's time to check the turkey!