Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Crapload of spam

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotts52, Nov 23, 2019.

1. scotts52

scotts52

Dang! I just counted almost 30 posts of spam. Almost took up the entire page

Deuces and upspirate like this.
  2. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

And I just reported 3 more

Deuces and upspirate like this.
  3. F&J

F&J

2-1/2 pages at one point.

If members knew that it only takes 2 people to hit the report button, they get deleted instantly. You don't need to be a moderator to help delete these.

I have knocked out over a dozen, but more keep coming

Lil32, Hnstray, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  4. loudbang

loudbang

I zapped over 40 myself looks like they are now all gone. :mad:

brady1929 and Deuces like this.

5. Deuces

Deuces

I did 9 er 10 a couple of days ago..... :mad::rolleyes:

Lil32, loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

I've been making a game of it to see if I get a kill.

Deuces, Lil32, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  7. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Double tap! It takes a bit of time, but worth it. Report, wait a bit and report again. By by spam.

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  8. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I ate breakfast today.

Deuces and FlyFisher like this.
  9. Just keep reporting them, the bad part of it is all the threads about spam is starting to add up.

There has been 166 threads about spam, I've been guilty of starting a spam thread also :rolleyes: HRP

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    Deuces, Lil32 and loudbang like this.
  10. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X's 2 on the double tap!!! Report twice, BOOM... Gone!

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Damn freeloaders!

Deuces likes this.
  12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I complained, several times. All I get is that is my fault. But they sure look like the sender is the HAMB.

loudbang likes this.
  13. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

You can zap them yourself. Report it, wait one minute then report it again. GONE!

Deuces, Lil32 and loudbang like this.
  14. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

It's important to understand that if a hacker hacked into a HAMB members account they could then send out spam as if it came from the members account so we have to be careful that we do not start blaming someone who had no knowledge of the spam being sent from their account.

Sometimes when I see the someone got arrested for have pictures on their computer of different things they might be guilty or it might be a hacker who gained access to their account for the purpose of story their pictures on someone else's computer.
    Jimbo

Lil32 and loudbang like this.
  15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I zap them as quickly as I can, I do not like the waiting period before you can zap them a second time.

If that could be eliminated it would be nice.

16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I'm totally unaware of how to do this. And if I could, do you have to do it for every HAMB-spam? Or will one time fix it? Could I also accidentally block good HAMB emails? Help!

17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's kinda like Hotrods...you know when it's right...

Spam is the same I can spot it right away...remember creams and pills and erectile dysfunction ARE obvious Spam so it easy open the Thread go down to the Reply Area and choose Report instead and type Spam into the text box and then select Report Post...You can then select Report Post again and if you get another text box you can type in Spam again and Report Post again...

If you get a error that the post can't be found another Member has already done the second Report and it's gone already and I go for another till they are all gone...and yes it's a pain and time consuming but it works till other solutions are found...

Deuces and Lil32 like this.
  18. Toner283

Toner283

⬆️⬆️⬆️ This X1000000

Deuces, kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The more membership involved eliminates waiting time...as said, many times it's gone second time around...these attacks seem to be getting larger however...another thing I notice is when not logged in the Pop Up Ads are becoming more aggressive as well...I clic to open something and an ad opens up that I did not clic on...:eek:

At least they don't seem to be virus laden...

Deuces and kidcampbell71 like this.
  20. Toner283

Toner283

I don't usually worry about the second reporting of the same thread, however when there are four or five in a row I usually try to report each of them so that at least they've got one report on them. That is when the waiting a minute between reports is a bit frustrating. Even if they could back it down to 30 seconds between. Because it's not much of a stretch to report two spam threads in under a minute.

Stogy likes this.
  21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The more that get in tune with reporting the quicker it's gonzo...thanks to You and All who help eliminate this Crapola...

Deuces likes this.
  22. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx, but... I've got to do that for every spam? I get way too many for that. What I can't figure out is why they seem to be coming from the HAMB, not some place else. They sure look "official" to me. Any way to really tell? Just to be sure, I'm talking about the individual emails I get (apparently) from the HAMB telling me about a new post. So, and if true, then why aren't they stopped before the HAMB sends me those emails? Possibly related, I rarely got spam until the HAMB went to cell phones. Gary

23. I like to take it and fry it up, throw it on some toast with onions and cheese whizz!

24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I only get emails sent to my personal email when someone sends a PM...many like yourself may have things set up differently. I have never had the Spam Threads sent to personal Email...However I have got Hotrod Vendor emails to personal email on occasion but they are not the same...I still delete them but there is no Hamb link in those...per say. PM's yes.

I am only talking of reporting the Spam Threads that pop up in the wee hours of the morning here on the Forums.

Those Hotrod Vendor type Personal emails may also have no connection to the Hamb...but may be due to looking up parts at Speedway or Amazon or some other YouTube Hotrod Video watching...One thing is certain...it's kinda annoying...

25. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Many of the spam threads have http in the title, I would think it would be easy to have an automatic delete of any thread that includes http, and maybe cut some of them off at the pass !

Deuces likes this.
  26. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

@Stogy maybe somebody could post a screen shot next time you report spam to help @gnichols out because he may not know a lot about computers.

Stogy likes this.
  27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not at my desktop but can do...

Speed Gems likes this.
  28. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Sounds tasty i'll have too try that.

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  29. chopndrop

chopndrop

I think your getting notifications, not the spam post these guys are talking about. You need to change your account settings to stop that

30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gary these Crapload of Spams being spoken of are right here in the forums dotted amongst our Thread posts like clockwork mostly early morning almost every day lately...I just screen grabbed the Hokey Ass Forum Page and 4 out of these 7 posts are Spam which I Highlighted...you open them read it and when you have determined it truly is Spam select the Report button once and type spam...

STEP 1...Login...Identify

20191127_010125.jpg

STEP 2...open thread confirm it is not a Hamb Thread and do not reply or select anything But DO select Report

20191127_011701.jpg

STEP 3...Select Report once and a text string will appear and you type in Spam then Select Report Post

Screenshot_20191127-011155_Chrome.jpg

STEP 4...Select Report Again and if you get the same Text String type in Spam again...Note this has a Wait Time and will not delete if you Report it to soon...If you get the too soon warning just type Spam in again till it takes it...

Lastly if you select Report and see this the Post is already Reported...

Screenshot_20191127-011245_Chrome.jpg

Again these are on the Forum Spam Threads All Forums are Vulnerable to Spam

If you get these Hamb Spam Post notifications in your Home Email as alluded you may have a Setting on your Account/Profile incorrectly set...

Hope this Helps Gary...;)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019