Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Setting & rotting estate auction.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old wolf, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Absolutely nothing for those cars is re-popped so save all you can, it will sell

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. The rear doors of the panel attached to the Desoto should get your money back..........

3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Piss off the purists. Put that 428 in your 55 Chevy wagon! :):):)

4. Any chance you know what the 60 cadillac sold for? Way to far for me, just curious. I'm still needing one piece of trim for mine. The picture is the one at the sale to help you your memory if you need it.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. well I do have a stick flywheel for a 428 and a top loader ford 4 speed.

Boneyard51 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. $875. That caddy was straight and pretty much rust free. It was near the front of the hoard wasn't surrounded by saplings and likely was not setting and rotting as long as most where. Also the Drivers side of that black 63 Gal wasn't near as good as the drivers side it was rusted and bubbling bondo. The AMC Pacers brought over $400. That surprised me. I didn't get a picture to post of it. However I bought that aluminum trailer in the background for $25.

7. That's what I was thinking. one is real solid the drivers side one is rusted at the very bottom. the hinges are excellent. Im going to take a 14 MM impact socket. Hammer on the bolt heads a bit. then drive the socket on them. they will come out or snap off.

8. I really suck at shipping. So its hard for me to sell anything that will not fit in a post office flat rate box. Im Hoping My friend JD will want it. Known him for Decades. Bought my 66 ford F 600 from him in November of 72. He came from Calif. Has a motor home and trailer and hauls Chrysler corp parts and Studebaker parts out west to swap meets on occasion.

Boneyard51 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

Damn that Caddy was cheap! I’d surely give the owner a profit. That Ford/Desoto is sweet. I’d try to grab the whole thing. If it wasn’t quite so far and sounded like a bit to free out, I’d probably try to get it from you. What bolt patterns do you have on your wheels? I’ve been thinking of trying to cut some up for that sort of thing. Any pictures of your set up on them?

10. I also would like to see. Curious what wheel you started with so center hole was large enough for common makes, as some are pretty small.

1 more car I promise, Rex Winter
    Dry n windy Lubbock TX

11. belair

belair

So THAT'S where El Caminos come from!

Old wolf and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I may be wrong but gradually hoarders are going
    to find that there "valuable stuff" is no longer in demand
    as the market shrinks.

chryslerfan55 and F&J like this.
  13. oldolds

oldolds

I think most hoarders collect stuff to have it. No necessarily for the dollar value. Kind of like a little kid that will not let anyone else play with his toy truck. It is his and not yours! That is why even after it falls to ruin they do not want to get rid of it.
    At least that is the way it is with me! :D

14. wvenfield

wvenfield

Right. Ask someone what he will take for a certain car and they will tell you "not for sale". Offer him 20 times what he paid "not for sale, now get off my property".

chryslerfan55 and Old wolf like this.
  15. poncho catalina

poncho catalina
    from summit il

I do not want to hijack the thread
    Squabow will you be putting some of the Pontiac parts up for sale?

16. Squablow

Squablow

I'll send you a message to keep from derailing the original thread.

chryslerfan55 and partsdawg like this.
  17. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

The Pacers probably brought so much as probably some derby guys were competing on them

Old wolf likes this.
  18. Well this old man put in another hard day. Been at it since 4 AM I chainsawed a path to the Desoto and removed those rear doors. got the Hood & radiator. The steering wheel is already gone. knocked off the bondo & fiberglass and pop rivits desoto 001.JPG desoto 002.JPG desoto 003.JPG desoto 004.JPG desoto 005.JPG desoto 008.JPG desoto 006.JPG desoto 007.JPG and pulled the top of the quarters out enuf to remove that script and the tail lights. I plan to go back and cut the quarters off. The T bird was a hard task. I couldn't get any of the tires to roll. Muddy and had to cut down and cut up and move a half dozen 6 inch diameter elm trees. Had to winch it 100 feet. finally managed to get the dollies under the rear end. and the front on the wrecker sling. squatted pretty bad and messed up the steering geometery so it took me 4 hrs to drive 150 miles. But its home setting and rotting in my hoard now. I aint gonna fix it. Im going to part it out.

19. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

OldWolf, sent you a PM .

Bones

20. The grandsons where asleep when I got Home. And they as usual got up at 5 AM. As soon as it daylight they will be out to check the new arrival. Rainy day I intend to between showers start pulling the 428. I want to get it in the shop on a stand and pull it down to the short block to check cond. I learned why there where no titles. Many of the vehicles where break downs that belonged to tourist . Two lakes in the vicinity. Bull Shoals and Northfork. I noticed a lot of out of state licence plates. I was told that was a open field when the vehicles where set there. Trees are hard on setting and rotting vehicles. I bulldoze most all the trees on our corner. Use goats and sheep to keep it from becoming overgrown.

21. Is there a H.A.M.B. glutton for punishment award :eek: ? Old wolf deserves one. I love reading your adventures with the old split-rim pickup truck. I truly believe you enjoy every adventure deep in the boonies or even in the suburbs, if you find a project you get it home too.

22. williebill

williebill

Old Wolf, get the Desoto front bumper/grille stuff. Custom guys should be interested.

Squablow and Boneyard51 like this.
  23. Squablow

Squablow

Good on ya' for getting those tail lights and quarter scripts, and I agree with Williebill, those bumpers are well worth grabbing, custom guys love them, as do restorers (the rear should interchange with '57 DeSoto and those are pretty desirable). The rear looks like it's ready to fall off anyway.

47ragtop, chryslerfan55 and Old wolf like this.
  24. I had my cutting torch and thought about cutting the bumpers loose. However that rat nest would have made a blazing inferno. I will need my generator and sawsall. I got a chainsaw with a cutting attachment for cutting metal. I need to get it running.

chryslerfan55 and Squablow like this.
  25. Ok I cleaned the rats nest of the T bird engine. unbolted the coil and removed the aluminum tag. the intake and heads both have C6AE cast 428 tag 003.JPG on them.

26. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Old Wolf will the engine turn over? I’m glad I didn’t go the auction now, since we would have both been after that 428! Are you going to pull it ? How many miles did the bird have on it?

Bones

27. All the trim on that Desoto is sellable. Bumpers, grille, headlight eyebrows, etc.

I sawed the quarters off a 2-door when a yard I was in was being scrapped out, and got in to the trunk to find the frame almost rotted clear through. It was easier to saw through the tops of the rails and take that with the bumper, which was straight and solid. Tried a few times to sell them, no one too interested.

28. 75 thousand miles. I don't know if it will turn all the way over. I can wiggle the crank by grabbing the harmonic balancer so it isn't stuck. I simply don't want to take a chance on damage by turning it over. might be sumthin on top of a piston. I certainly will pull it and tear it down. Just too valuable of a engine to take any chances. I drained antifreeze from the radiator. I cleaned the rats nest from the engine. they have chewed up everything hoses plug wires if the could chew on it they ate it. Surprizingly the interior isn't damages. I do not see any evidence the got inside not a single mouse turd. the leather is in really good shape for the age it is. I think I can recoup my money by selling the interior. and it also had a 300 to 1 Detroit locker rear end. Found a receipt where a garage changed the transmission.

29. I posted pictures and advertised what is left of the Desoto on Facebook Marketplace. Lots of eager would be buyers. However when I tell where its at and what is needed to get it they wimp out. I asked $100 I got one $50 offer. Im now thinking that its a 58. and it might have a front mount dist under the rats nest?

30. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Really! A Detroit! And a rebuilt transmission! It’s a 67, if I remember, that’s a better transmission than the 66s had. Good interior! You’ve got a gold mine! But from what you tell us, you certainly worked for it! Hope everything works out good !

Bones

Old wolf and chryslerfan55 like this.