Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 62rebel

62rebel

Unfortunately I don't have a hoard to go through. I will be grokking YouTube videos tonight on picking and repinning locks.

Old wolf and Boneyard51 like this.
  2. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Cleaned cellar some from summers mess; able to see about 5ft of bench now!

Boneyard51 likes this.
  3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Used to be a young guy [20 yrs ago] in Hartford, CT..Let me know if you can't find any one close and I'll dig for his Name..

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

I got my alternator bracket sorted.

Attached Files:

5. got my alternator bracket sorted.

Like the bracket. Nice job

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

6. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mounted the Champion tach to my office desk....I don't wanna over rev my work station...ha ha ha. Closeup shows a fine dust behind the curved glass...oh and does anyone know how to wire one of these, thanks in advance..... image.jpeg image.jpeg

7. That alternator bracket looks nice.
    Do you have a few more pics ?

8. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

chryslerfan55 and Boneyard51 like this.
  9. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here you go....has 3 wires ..red..black..white... image.jpeg

chryslerfan55, osage orange and Lil32 like this.
  10. A small miracle happened today, I actually got the Henry J sideways into the section of garage I've been closing in for a better heated work area, that garage door shut with a car in it for the first time in 2 yrs since the project started. No excuses now on getting it back together and ripping next year. 20191113_151552.jpg

Looking in the window from the side yard

20191113_182731.jpg

Before I couldn't get the car all the way in to shut the garage door, so life should be good this winter.

20190926_152909.jpg

11. impala4speed

impala4speed

Can't say for certain but I believe the red wire goes to a switched 12v source, the black to ground and the white wire to the ignition; tach terminal on an HEI. Not sure on a points ignition, positive side of the coil?

12. Jacked up the Studie to check the brakes....think it's been 20 yrs since we drove to Austin....done my best work below 40 degrees! 20191113_174800.jpg

chryslerfan55, Jalopy Joker and Lil32 like this.
  13. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Attached Files:

14. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Here’s a view from the top.spent longer fiddling about with bits of wood etc than I did making the thing.2 of the bolts go through into the engine mount and the 3/8 bolt at the bottom goes into a threaded hole on the timing cover.

Attached Files:

15. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

My friend and I traveled to the next town and picked up 5 old Army file cabinets , that I bought last weekend for $20. They will make great storage for small items in my shop! Boy those things are heavy!

Bones

16. 62rebel

62rebel

Found a brick and mortar locksmith and dropped off my locks. Should be done in a couple of days. No hurry, it's miserable cold and raining for the next few days anyway. On top of that, get to work and find we have no computers working. Fantastic. Gonna be a long evening.

17. I got up fed the wood stove and animals. ate and then went to Thayer Mo to get some feed. I dunno something about the angle of the windshield on my wifes Jeep grand Cherokee and the sun shining at a low angle. as I drive past wooded areas it makes a kinds strobe light effect. And that gave me a terrible migraine headache. Ive been just laying down and its finally eased up. It only happens in the late spring and early fall. I aint taking her car anymore. I will take my old 66 GMC.

18. lake_harley

lake_harley

I fought with trying to install some Metric GM brake calipers from Speedway. A combination of a "O" ring that has a bit too small an I.D., a caliper that wasn't grooved quite deep enough for said "O" ring to seat properly and be "captured", and a caliper bolt that really didn't have any taper to help guide it through the "O" ring ate up about 1 1/2 Hr. of my time and a great deal of patience. In fact, I think I had run out of patience and was operating on sheer determination......with a sprinkling of anger. I finally sanded a bevel on the caliper bolts so they can get through the "O" ring without trying to peel them out of their groove. :mad:

Lynn

chryslerfan55 and 62rebel like this.
  19. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Started trying to jury rig a set of block huggers into fenderwell headers to go on my 40 Plymouth Sedan. Of course now I'm going to have to move my proportioning valve and change my brake lines! IMG_20191114_174040290.jpg IMG_20191114_172245566.jpg

chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  20. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finalized the 1 1/2 year negotiation to purchase our new shop in Hyde Park...Closing tomorrow.. image.jpeg image.jpeg

21. 41 C28

41 C28

Thinking.....thinking about buying another car and what I would do to it and where I would put and looking at catalogs.

22. to the negative terminal at the coil.

23. LAROKE

LAROKE

Waiting for some fittings to arrive to finish up Deerslayer's O/T disk brakes. It's time to clean up the work area and get back to another half-finished task. The Jimmy 302 head is next on my list. I moved the workbench over under the lights and cleared the deck. I was cleaning ports with Oil Eater degreaser and Scotts Towels when I left off over a year ago. Pondering my approach to this task was assisted by Florida Beer Company's Swamp Ape Double India Pale Ale.

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and swade41 like this.
  24. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Drove the 31 delivery to the indoor car show in NAUG. Ct., show is this weekend 11/16-11/17/19.

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Guess household lightbulbs that I've been used to for 68 years are a thing of the past. Bought LED bulbs, what are the 800 Lumens?

Bob

26. 800 lumins= 60 watts

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks, makes you wonder why they can't say that and not have to invent another grading system. Still in the dark on all thing electrical. Bob

28. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

This is wrong, the amount of light from the bulb is measured in lumens, has absolutely nothing to do with watts of energy used by the bulb!

chryslerfan55 and David Gersic like this.
  29. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Lumens are a measure of light output, which really is what you’re interested in when buying a light source. Watts are a measure of power consumed. The problem is that for decades we’ve been buying light bulbs by power consumption, not light output. It’s kinda like going to the gas station and buying feet of gas.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks, don't smell anything burning yet, they may work out. Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.