Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 11/8/19 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Nov 7, 2019.

1. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It always makes me smile to see how powerful the image of the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk is in today's world of jets and computers. There was a time when piston powered aircraft, with propellers were the state of the art when it came to aerial combat, Truly amazing that such great machines as the P-40 and the P-51 were powered by liquid cooled engines. Thanks VonZemo, for your contribution of a great piece of art!

2. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I do more than hot rod inspired stuff and I've seen my photos used on other sites, even
    on YouTube. So as much as I dislike doing it, I've gone to adding a logo to most of my
    photos. When I first ran across this thread I was stoked because it was a way to show
    my pics to others. There is no thrill in it for me to post the photos, sketches and
    paintings of others. There are other threads where most anything by most anyone
    can be posted, I'd really like to see the Friday Art Show be the one place where "artists"
    can show their work, not that of others. I'm not referring to myself as an artist, but there are many here who truly are. They need to be respected. Please, if you're going to snag the art made by
    another at least give that person some credit. It stings a little less.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  3. I hate cluttering my art with a water mark but in a world of cropping and Photoshopping, it is at least an ounce of 'protection. I agree, both @Spoggie and @Stogy , even if you just say, not my work or found on the web but lets give credit to the artists whenever possible and a big thanks to all who contribute week after week. It is sad that so many artists have left, this used to be an even more amazing array of talent and variety. I certainly don't want to dissuaded anyone from participating. Great show all!

4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

gcc_005_peters-quinn-62.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/roadsters-with-filled-wheelwells.927050/

:rolleyes:...When I See Mad Magazine on an early to Mid 60s Hotrod or an element of gotta share it...In a land where Art and Hotrods is often Hotly disputed for so many reasons I like to throw some past reality into the situation to at least give credence to discussion and celebrate Artist's Greatness...We didn't get here alone...I in a non selfish way like to share what influences me positively...;)

I think Art and Car Culture when they connect are beneficial to the thread... and give understanding to the Hamb Meaning

I remember Mad in the Seventies but it obviously goes back prior to that...Pop Art and Hotrod...;)

https://ahrf.com

:rolleyes:...AHRF has had a pic link issue but the filename has Peters_Quinn in it and 62...

Credit to Photographer, Owner

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  5. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

6. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Little thang I'm working on

Attached Files:

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Warbird_HotrodsV4.JPG

A Digital Inspiration I created...A lot of Connections to Hotrodding and War...
    it cut like a knife through so many's lives when they were Pounding Pavement, Salt and Dirt in the Evolving Go Fast and Cruising Movements...

The Mustang, Spitfire, The Postwar Hotrod Roadster and Coupe represent Allied Connections to the Big Picture. The Poppy and Written Word Really represent the Loss and Remembrance in Perpetuity...

They Served and like All Those who Served...It was Hell...Many Came Back, Many Did Not

We are the Torch of that Spirit

That Freedom Came at Great Cost...

We Will Remember...

Regards
    Stogy

Credit to Photographers, Artists, Owners

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lepus3.jpg

:rolleyes:...In Interest I flipped the plate over and reversed the Color to see what would be printed...

It looks as if the Price Smash is in the Showroom as the Window Lettering is reversed...and the smashed $75 is getting replaced by the Running Zeros...:eek:

$400 Bucks and She's Yours...:D

Credit to Artist, Photographer, Owner

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  9. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The FAS should be about posting YOUR OWN ART; either you made it or you commissioned it. There are lots of other threads where you can post found photos. And even then you should be giving credit to the creator.

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is absolutely nothing wrong with sharing other Hamb related Artwork Here, from Artists who Either are Alive or Passed, Members or Non members Alive or Passed...if it is relevant it invites appreciation and understanding of the Big Picture, shares Artistic expression much like any Art Show/Museum...I don't understand the willingness to eliminate content from a celebration of Art...when I'm dead and gone I hope my Artistic Inspirations are shared here and put a smile on those that witness it...and I will thank those in advance that see reason to share it...

As an example hypothetically I inherit a distant family members Art and there is a couple of Hotrod Sketches done by an Artist Whose signature is illegible or not...What is the problem of sharing it with Credit at a Art Show where Artists show their Art and appreciate all Art that comes along, it even promotes positive discussion...imagine that...Why start a New thread when it can be shared where Artists congregate and share their Art Stories and their influences and other Non Artists who Appreciate Art...To be within the same Art Show with such an array of Artists from All walks is an experience I look forward to each week

Credit is as alluded much appreciated...

I just like knowing the reason I'm liking your posts...I don't think there should be doubt as to who did what.

I have posted cropped saved work and just credited the Artist, Photographer, Owners accordingly respecting Credit even if I don't see a Name per say...I don't know why or if cropping has occurred but if the content is visible and relevant I will share it with a Credit as a Thank You to all involved...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  11. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

12. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

Back to the top. For the Veterans !

Stogy likes this.
  13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank You Sir!!!

Goodyear-Vintage-Tire_colage.jpg

:rolleyes:... @Lepus I did the Same thing with your Tire Plate...Reversed and added some parts...and Voila, Thanks for sharing those...;)

Credit to Artist, Photographer, Owner