Register now to get rid of these ads!

History A Proper Veteran's Day Post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The earlier one got deleted... cuz well, it came across as a facebook post... which this joint isn't... This is a forum about hot rods and customs - not modern american culture, politics, or current events.

Still, I love our veterans. How could a good cold blooded American not?

So, this here is a PROPER Vet Day post!

Check it out. Could this be the very first ever belly tank?

24-7-640x514.jpg

Of course, it's not... But still, gotta love the ingenuity from our military men and woman that made it happen

I'll cap it with this:

[​IMG]

My favorite belly tank of all time...

In any case, that's the proper way of thanking vets on a forum about traditional hot rods and customs. Just so yall know... :)

Lepus, OLSKOOL57, R A Wrench and 23 others like this.
  2. pumpman

pumpman

Yup, we did some crazy shit with left over parts. Thanks Ryan.

3. LAROKE

LAROKE

Within the context of those guidelines, here is my '37 Chevy utility express (could have actually done time on the Burma Road) with my Dad's CBI Theater commemorative plate. He was a motor pool Staff Sgt. In a Army Air Corps Combat Cargo outfit in Burma.

[​IMG]

4. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

I’m am adding in a THANK YOU to all the veterans who sacrificed so we can have the life we do.

OLSKOOL57, oldsjoe, Lil32 and 9 others like this.

5. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Thanks! For way too many years veterans did not get the respect that we deserved. One thing that I will say is that the HAMB has a lot of very patriotic members. Ryan thanks for this forum. I’m a proud veteran, and thanks to all of you that appreciate what we did for our country!!

Lepus, OLSKOOL57, oldsjoe and 8 others like this.
  6. bubba55

bubba55

I would also like to add my Thanks to all our Vets
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

OLSKOOL57, oldsjoe, Lil32 and 5 others like this.
  7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Yes, must pay to tribute those that have given so much for ourselves, and others worldwide, to be able to exercise our freedoms. But, still too many Vets have a hard time day to day dealing with physical, mental and financial problems. Give a extra anytime that you can with a donation of money, or volunteering.

8. belair

belair

Cold, red or hot-we all owe your guys and gals who served. Thank you. And that belly tank pic is fabulous. Both of them actually.

OLSKOOL57, Lil32, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  9. v8flat44

v8flat44

Dr harold Brown, a Tuskegee Airman lives in my town & flew P-51's & wrote a book called Keep Your Airspeed Up. 92 now, & i met him in a grocery store. From Port Clinton Ohio where so many gave it all in "The Bataan Death March". You should see all of the falgged graves in our cemetary.
    Thank you to all of our GR8 vets !!!!!

10. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A salute to all of my fellow veterans that have served, thank you for your service !
    DSC_2483 (2).JPG DSC_2599 (2).JPG

OLSKOOL57, Stogy, Dave Lee and 5 others like this.
  11. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A hearty 'Thank You' to all that served and sacrificed along with those that actively are. I'd also like to add a thanks and recognition to those that served in a war time essential civilian position, like my dad, who worked with the development and refinement of RADAR and then on to northern New Mexico and the Manhattan Project

OLSKOOL57, Stogy, oldsjoe and 4 others like this.
  12. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My family and I would ALL like to extend our most heartfelt Thank You to all the men and women, past and present, who have fought to preserve the Freedom's we hold so dear. Although at the same time, a simple Thank You, does not seem just, for the sacrifices made, especially for those that have paid the Ultimate Price.
    That being said, and for lack of better word's, THANK YOU to ALL of the Brave men and women who have and do, selflessly, put themselves in harm's way to protect our Freedom and this GREAT COUNTRY.

13. 392

Without them the world would look a lot different. Thanks, Thanks to all vets.

14. Thanks veterans and families.
    7D834598-F523-4256-B17D-CFD2F7D7A74D.jpeg
    Could be a prototype racer being developed here.

15. We really do live in the best place on earth!
    And it is here for us because of the ones that went,,,,,,back then,,,and even today!
    Thank you veterans,,,for all you have done!!!

Tommy

16. choptop40

choptop40

Ditto to all of the above...Thanks Ryan for the recognition...

OLSKOOL57, Stogy and Lil32 like this.
  17. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I served from '71 to '73. It was kind of tough to be in the military then but I'm a better person because of it. Glad to see veterans are now getting the support and recognition they so richly deserve. And as the old saying goes, "if you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a veteran.

OLSKOOL57, Stogy, Dave Lee and 9 others like this.
  18. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Semper Fi Do or Die Brothers . Thank you and to all who served . May you never be forgotten and always given the honor you fully deserve . If you ever need a thing , please look me up , what’s mine is yours . If it wasn’t for people like you , I’d probably be livin in a mud hut , in some God forsaken hell hole . You are the reason I’m able to speak my peace , and visit church and ask for forgiveness .

OLSKOOL57, fauj, cavman and 9 others like this.
  19. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I was in from 1969 to 1971, and don’t regret it at all. People are always thanking me for my service and I always tell them it was my privilege.

OLSKOOL57, R A Wrench, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  20. 5150 summed it up the best. I remember sitting in a crowded airport in my uniform to fly cheap and no one would sit on either side of me. I finally got up and leaned against a wall so people could sit down and I wouldn't feel so conspicuous. That and some fucken long hair screaming in my face as I'm trying to go about my business.

Navy Corpsman 1969 - 1973.
    Corpsman badge.jpg 1970.jpg

Texas57, OLSKOOL57, cavman and 13 others like this.
  21. I want to thank all of you who have served. I cannot express my gratitude enough for what you have done...
    As we now know, time's are always changing, and we adapt to them....
    BUT- If in ever a time, anytime, I saw someone giving a veteran any kind of shit, or grief, there would be an ass kicking and beyond. I mean that sincerely.

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

me in hooch door.jpg
    late April/early May 1968 LZ Sharon near Quang Tri. I had just switched from blues to scouts witht A troop 1/9 Cav to be a scout observer and had just finished building my hooch out of 2.75 Rocket boxes filled with dirt and gravel.
    My mini gun ammo can that safely sealed my rod magazines that were sent to me from the states was about 6 feet behind me. We had a bunch of car freaks in the group.

Lepus, belair, OLSKOOL57 and 13 others like this.
  23. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

THANK YOU to all veterans past present and future! Never forget the veterans that never returned they gave the ultimate sacrifice so we can live in the greatest country in the world. Being able to do whatever and say whatever we want when we want. SEMPER FI Joe USMC 1977 / 1980

Sent from my SM-T580 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

OLSKOOL57, loudbang, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  24. Took my two favorite Veteran buddies to Texas for a week and go to the Gary Howard Memorial. Had a blast and that's what life is about. We even managed to be a backdrop for an awesome photo at the event. Kind of cool to boot ! A6A5BD59-C4DD-4882-8E97-BAEF8993525E.jpeg

25. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Thankyou to all who served. past and present. 2/2 armoured CAV. Headquarters troop. Always ready. Lippy 18722383_135134677047678_530159497319022592_n.jpg

26. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Cool the CBI! My dad was there with Merrill's Marauders.

27. LAROKE

LAROKE

Small world. When the movie came out, Dad, Mom, my brother and I went to see it at the drive-in in a '55 Chevy two-door post. That drive-in is still operating, btw.

OLSKOOL57, loudbang, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  28. Dave Lee

Dave Lee

I Like these warplanes here is one most people know about not a war plane but one that was deadly to pilots that flew it. (GEE BEE) 2000+HP pratt & whitney radial wasp 18 cylinder.

Attached Files:

29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Warbird_HotrodsV5.JPG

This was a Digital Inspiration I posted in the Friday Art Show Recently in Remembering Those Who have Served and Fallen, it is my impression that it's Something that We Should Do Very Often as 2 Minutes is Just Not Enough...

Thanks For Protecting and Upholding Freedom to Carry on Where They Departed...

Thoughts, The Poppy
    P51 Mustang, Supermarine Spitfire
    and the Postwar Hotrods...

Regards,
    Stogy

Credit to Photographer's, Owner's

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  30. My dad, his brothers and their dad all served in WWII. None of them got killed. I spent my time in the 60s......Nuremberg Germany.........66-69.
    Thanks to all the GIs who put yourselves in danger in combat .