Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project 29 Tudor in Mass.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mikel50, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Hombre

Hombre

Very nice!! What you will saying in about a year? Damn I should have made it bigger.

loudbang and brEad like this.
  2. Mikel50

Mikel50

The building center section is 30’W X 34’L the lean-tos are an additional 12’W X 34’L each.
    Total dimensions are 54’W X 34’ L
    Wall height is 14’ at the top plate and 18’6” at the peak.

I used up all available space where an old barn was many years ago. I’m happy with the size of it. It’s storage for now until I move things in and get electrical and insulation in it.
    Checked one off the ole bucket list.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. Mikel50

Mikel50

[​IMG][​IMG] (louver press given to me from a local fab shop who closed their doors) [​IMG]
    I went up to 14’ on the walls so I can add a mezzanine in the rear of the building for storage.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  4. Wow! What a great setup! Looking forward to updates on the new digs as well as the projects.

loudbang likes this.
  5. loudbang

loudbang

How about some heat so you can still work when it's -10 outside :)

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  6. Mikel50

Mikel50

I can’t do heat till I pull a permit for the electrical and finalize the insulation.
    I have my existing garage that is heated and cooled to build my cars in. I’m in no rush to outfit the new shop, the major hurdle was getting the building built. I’ll take the time to outfit it properly when time and money allows.

7. greaser

greaser

Whaaa? This is incredible! What a GREAT surprise. Now, we have an indoor car show facility for when it rains. AWESOME!

brEad, loudbang and Mikel50 like this.
  8. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Really enjoyed seeing you car come together. Love the wheels and great job on the sheet metal work inside.

Mikel50, patmanta and loudbang like this.
  9. Mikel50

Mikel50

Thank you very much. Looking forward to staring on the sedan again.
    The coupe ... oh the coupe. It’s like a whole new car now.

48fordnut and loudbang like this.
  10. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Can't wait to check it out. If you have pictures of it now lets see.

loudbang likes this.
  11. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

That building is killer. Would like to check it out sometime in person and your cars too. Your in MA. right?

loudbang likes this.
  12. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Can't believe how much room you have. The only comfortable seat in mine is the passenger seat. lol. Just to give you a little idea if what I mean. I've gotten use to it though but no long trips for me. IMG_1622.jpg

brEad, loudbang, barrnone50 and 2 others like this.
  13. Mikel50

Mikel50

I took my time on the inside of the car. Lots of planning and fitting. It payed off so far in the building of the car. We shall see how it is once the car is complete and the seat gets used.
    Hopefully it works as planned. I think it will.

JOYFLEA, biggeorge, patmanta and 2 others like this.
  14. Deadbird

Deadbird

I haven't been on the HAMB much for the past few years. Lots of different reasons, but a minor one was that detailed build threads like this had kinda dried up. Just read through all of this one and I'm hooked again! Nice job Mike. Any updates since January? You're giving me some good ideas for my own 29 Tudor project.
    IMG_8361.JPG
    I should probably start my own build thread, but I haven't been good about taking pictures up to this point. :rolleyes:

15. Mikel50

Mikel50

Truthfully I haven’t touched the sedan since thus past spring.
    I had planned on doing the remainder of the work then tearing it down for paint, however. I was fortunate enough to get a phone call from a friend who was selling off his cars. He wanted me to be the next owner of his 34 Ford 5 Window Coupe. So I worked my butt off and bought the car early June.
    I have been driving and enjoying my 1930 Coupe all summer. Now the sedan is in the big shop sitting while I’m getting the 34 back to what it once was.
    IMG_3671.JPG
    I appreciate you taking the time reading the whole thread... that’s a big undertaking. Haha.
    I’ll get back on the sedan shortly. I’m looking forward to it.

Deadbird, brEad, patmanta and 10 others like this.
  16. Mechman_22

Mechman_22
    from Nc

Was coming back you your build thread for some shoebox dash ideas. wanted to check in and see how everything been going with your sedan

loudbang likes this.