Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Setting & rotting estate auction.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old wolf, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

looks worth checking out, if you have some spare time and cash - take pics too

2. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

Sure is dumb to list all those vehicles without stating the year model. (Ford Pickup?)

3. What is a Ford Desoto?

4. williebill

williebill

Those Impalas with 289s are pretty rare. Especially the green ones

King ford, Spooky, Dago 88 and 5 others like this.
  5. Dirk35

Dirk35

Those front fenders, lower front fenders, gravel pan, grille, and front bumper on that 51Ford F1 PU are worth more parted out than that entire truck will bring at any auction... just because they aren't rusted out. I don't think Ive ever seen one in the wild that wasn't rusted out. If I had the time, capability to haul it, and space, Id get that truck for sure!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. wvenfield

wvenfield

Pacer's and a Vega wagon!! OK, that is all I will say about that.

Old wolf likes this.
  7. Yes I plant to attend. I will take my wrecker & tow dolleys and chainsaw. and Will take pictures. Im interested in the 55 GMc window panel truck. maybe the 63 galaxie.

8. Yes the auctioneer isn't very knowlegable. Im thankful it isn't that Vanderbrink woman who is conducting the sale. If it was I wouldn't even bother to attend. The good thing is scrap prices are way down. So it will not be to hard to outbid the scrap man.

9. 5window

5window

Interesting if you're close by. I wonder what happened to ALL of the titles?

SOHC427 likes this.
  10. gatz

gatz

that Ford Toronado is gonna go high...

11. The people listing are not car oriented, look at the very first item posted.

1. Green Chevy Impala w/ 289 Engine ( 283 would make more sense). HRP

chryslerfan55 and Old wolf like this.
  12. Hard to say about titles/ Here in Ark if you get a Bill of sale you can most times get a bonded title.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Boneyard51 like this.
  13. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Some interesting cars/trucks there. Lots of the big cars are 2 doors. Very cool.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  14. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Apparently it's a '58 Desoto carcass filled with a Ford panel truck.

untitled.png

15. Squablow

Squablow

Arkansas is a bit too long of a haul for me, but damn, lots of good parts cars in there, and they'll probably go cheap too, with scrap price down. Looks like a '58 Plymouth 2 door wagon, that's pretty cool, and a lot of oddball step vans too.

Who knows what else is there that isn't listed. I went to one here in Wisconsin a few weeks ago, similar listing and pictures, didn't end up buying any cars (too hard to extract from the woods) but bought an entire truckload of NOS Pontiac stuff from the 50's that was in the back of an old COE truck and wasn't listed in their ad. Was a great score, always worth going.

16. Finish it and call it the HAMBulance… BaDumDum
    chappy

17. My eldest son is into WWII dodge WC,s and related stuff. He is interested in the power wagons as they have the same undercarriages and drivetrains as the WWII trucks.

chryslerfan55 and Boneyard51 like this.
  18. I think we are likely to see some more of these type of hoarder Setting & rotting Estate Auctions? There are quite a few of the Baby boomer Generation getting incapicated or taking the dirt nap.

19. Squablow

Squablow

I've been to a lot of them over the last 5 years. I hear a lot of people complain that they think the hobby is going to dry up from lack of participants but I'm much more worried about the supply of build material disappearing. At least these people are having an auction instead of just sending it all to a scrapper, I hope some people show up and drag some of that stuff home.

brad2v, Stogy, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.
  20. See if that 2-door Mopar wagon has a HEMI in it

Might be a keeper.

Good luck

Oldmics

21. So far ive never owned a HEMI. I for certian will look. There is a possibility the Dodge dump truck might have a HEMI also. The pickup Timmy's Mom drove on Lassie had a HEMI and Automatic trans. The other two where flathead six and stick shift. They where about the same year as that dump truck.

chryslerfan55 and Boneyard51 like this.
  22. Squablow

Squablow

Plymouth never got an early Hemi, only the 426 starting in the mid 60's. That wagon either has a flat 6 in it (likely) or a poly head V8.

brad2v, chryslerfan55 and Boneyard51 like this.
  23. That's the result from when a Dodge and a Ford have sex!

24. v8flat44

v8flat44

Ford panel with "the forward look" ! The Mopar looked to have been a 4 door h/t...too bad,
    cool cars they were.

25. KenC

KenC

That desoto/ford things' quarter panels would make a great start to a Dodge Sweptside PU the factory did it with Dodge quarters, but 2dr.

Stude Lark, Stude PU, Pacer, all kinds of neat weird things.

26. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Those doors on the back of that Ford panel look good, could be a couple of good items.

Bones

27. You never know at a auction. The 55 in my avatar was purchased at a auction for $150. And I bought a 4 door at the same auction for $130 and junked it to fix the wagon. 55 chevy 1.jpeg 55 chev 3.jpeg 55 more door.jpeg

28. Wagon quarters on the sweptsides

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

29. gene-koning

gene-koning

That would be the 2 door wagon quarters, the 4 door wagon quarters are about 1 1/2' too short, unless you hack up the rear door and weld it to the quarter panel. I have a parts car 57 Dodge 4 door wagon sitting here. Gene

Attached Files: