Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The sun came out this afternoon. So I went and got a big load of firewood. then I winterized my well pump. and I went and drained the water from three farm tractors and my 55 wagon. I wasn't certain about how much antifreeze they had and could not find my tester. Its supposed to get below 30 tonite. I will need to buy about 20 gallons of antifreeze. I also helped the Grandsons carve a couple of pumpkins into jack o lanterns.

Lil32 and osage orange like this.
  2. I just remembered I had my 55 ford wagon running this summer. so I went out and drained the water from its engine a couple minutes ago.

3. Fordors

Fordors

Sweated it out today at Disney World with some of the g-kids. 8:00PM now and still 86*.
    Brutal being in costume for the big party tonight.

4. Lowbuckbuilder

Lowbuckbuilder
    from San Diego

Spent several months(3-4, if i remember correctly) of my youth bed-ridden with illness. I’ve grown to be of the opinion that any day above the dirt is a good day. I, for one, am glad you’re here 2old2fast. :)

Lil32, firstinsteele and osage orange like this.
  5. Budget36

Budget36

All OT vehicles......damn, getting too old for this;)

osage orange likes this.
  6. leon bee

leon bee

I took my new permit and went to the medical marijuana store. Times have changed somewhat, even in my backwards little state.

7. My old compressor snapped a rod ,broke the skirt off a piston and generally shit itself,
    don’t know what broke first but what a mess!
    Dug out an old spare compressor head,it had 2 broken check valves(the flapper reed valve type),
    I made new flapper valves from .009” & .010” feeler gauges I trimmed down.
    Works a treat now and lm back in business. I Could of brought a new one but I like fixing shit!
    Happy days!

8. a small block chevy engine in sumthin I use was running crappy. So I checked it out and it was the carb. pulled the Rochester 2GC and took it apart. Power valve was hanging up. Twisted that bugger off trying to get it out. So had to find a good carb body. Just got started assembling it when I got a visitor. spent a hour with him and sold $80 worth of parts. Then got it back together and installed . adjusted and tuned. Ran like its supposed to. Lately it seems like everytime I get one thing fixed and squared away two more need my attention. Had to order a new carb for my Husky chainsaw thatI bought new in 2000. so now I gotta get that installed. I need to use my tilt top trailer and it has two tires I gotta replace. always sumthin.

9. I'm still mucking around with the new blower, put it all together and the fuel line wouldn't clear the blower restraint plate, so everything back off the top to get the plate off.
    20191029_163009.jpg

I had to brace that to bend the one tab down a bit, if the plate warps then ya get a vacuum leak. 20191030_122625.jpg

Got my clearance under the fuel distribution block like I wanted, so I put it all back together again, then found I was missing a couple O-ring AN fittings I need, so far from done. 20191030_131309.jpg

I also committed to an online trade, traded a pair of carbs for a pair of wheels for the 41

20191103_011114.jpg

10. choptop40

choptop40

Checking this 51 out...solid coupe on evilbay... image.jpeg image.jpeg

chriseakin, scotty t and Lil32 like this.
  11. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Finished correcting the steering linkage on the Fat Rat and took it for a test drive. Much improved.
    IMG_5278.JPG IMG_5279.JPG
    I had one heck of a time getting the old steering components to come apart! I soaked it; banged on it; soaked it; banged on it; cussed it(sorry); but it finally let loose when I heated it and then banged on it. I was one Thankful Al when it finally came apart. IMG_5280.JPG Did I ever tell ya things can get tight with a big block? That air cleaner is shimmed at the back to keep front from hitting hood.
    IMG_5281.JPG The end.

12. 62rebel

62rebel

Sold my 460 to a young fellow who plans to put it in an o/t bronco. Well spoken and very polite and helpful, still hope out there for the next generation. He was impressed by my Galaxie and the Jag project I'm working on.

Lil32 and swade41 like this.
  13. Hey, it's good to see the Fat Rat, I remember it from the magazine articles, pretty damn cool that you have it !

Lil32 and Hamtown Al like this.
  14. Those devilish details.... The black AN fittings were my choice as well. Red and blue scream '80's!
    Halibrands?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. Fixed my leaking water heater. That energized me so....Finally got off my lazy ass and rebuilt the calipers on my Corvette. Can't get much done when you are both lazy and old...always some excuse to put stuff off.

16. more doors 059.JPG Unloaded my 66 GMC. It has heavy ply 16 inch 6 hole split rims on the back. Im gonna take them off and use on my tilt top trailer. I got sumthing big to haul. I will post pictures when I get it on the trailer. more doors 059.JPG

chriseakin, 34 GAZ, j-jock and 2 others like this.
  17. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lil32 likes this.
  18. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Changed the oil and greased the DD truck. Started cleaning up the yard, until the bag on the yard vac broke. Had to run to Lowes for some #6 screws to fix it. Washed the last of this year’s bugs and dirt off the 37, getting ready to store it for the winter.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

osage orange, MMM1693 and Lil32 like this.
  19. I have plenty red n blue, this isn't a period correct build, if I have it on hand and it works that's what I'm going to use, it's all under hood.
    The wheels are Team III, I'm thinking about unloading my skinny Cragars and buying these to match them.
    Screenshot_20191104-022411_Gallery.jpg

Relatively close to the real deal
    . Screenshot_20191104-022449_Gallery.jpg

20. I went outside to start on some routine maintenance and to wash the truck, but the neighbour was burning in the next yard. I have cancer, and one of the problems I have, is any amount of smoke makes me extremely ill.
    The only solution, was to stay in the house. It was a bummer, but it still beats the crap out of being dead.
    Bob

21. T. Turtle

T. Turtle

Today I got up early to catch the train to work o_O but on Saturday I managed to fit a camber kit on the Comet (could not anything more than 0° with no shims left to adjust).
    20191102_113828.jpg
    20191102_162501.jpg

Lil32, osage orange and gimpyshotrods like this.
  22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those are always a wise addition to any similarly configured Ford vehicle.

Old alignment specs, and today's handling expectations frequently don't agree.

23. T. Turtle

T. Turtle

@ gympyshotrods:

Thanks - particularly bearing in mind the car had a Shelby Drop which really only works with negative camber. It'll take a while but when I'm finished with it, it will be a good usable all rounder for our Cold War roads and mountain passages... I hope:)

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  24. The two grandsons in my avatar had been here for 23 days. There father has three days off work. So we took them home to Mammoth Spring this morning . We bought feed & gas while we where there. And this afternoon I worked getting the lights on my light bar functioning. ganged up tires , chains boomers ect. Then decided to clean out the bed in my truck. full of hay & leaves and I found some missing tools buried in that compost.

swade41 and j-jock like this.
  25. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Is it for sale?

Bones

26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yesterday, in Nor-Cal, went to small swap meet at Sacramento Raceway, then went to a small low buck flea market and finally a small car show in Sacramento SAM_0897.JPG SAM_0901.JPG SAM_0930 (1).JPG SAM_0931 (1).JPG SAM_0918 (1).JPG SAM_0919 (1).JPG

JOYFLEA, j hansen, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  27. I got shit from my wife.

Again.....

chiro, swade41, impala4speed and 3 others like this.
  28. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I dont care for the red and blue AN fittings either. Simply spray them with Easy Off oven cleaner for about 5 mins and the anodizing comes right off then hit them with a buffing pad for a nice polished aluminum finish.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

hammer-time, LowKat, scotty t and 2 others like this.
  29. only 35 degrees today but not too bad out, drove the F-1 about an hour, took some pics...
    misc 127.jpg misc 134.jpg misc 140.jpg misc 143.jpg misc 136.jpg

30. southerncad

southerncad

Decided to pull the tired 350 Olds out of my '49 and put in a 403 Olds crate engine...nuthin' like a few more cubic inches.....:D

osage orange likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.