Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Matt (irontrap) did GOOD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by prpmmp, Nov 3, 2019.

1. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oops, got fooled on the wheels(was starring to hard at the Arduns!!)...saw your ad.

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Not even a tiny bit mad. Well deserved score!

IronTrap likes this.
  3. IronTrap

IronTrap

Yup it sure is. He isn't a car guy AT ALL so he won't be able to answer anything significant on them. He got a lot of cool shit, just my pockets weren't deep enough to afford it all. Hope someone can save them and actually put them to use on a car.

I actually have a car lined up to build the Ardun and a Scot around. It's just a matter of waiting for when I can take ownership. It'll be a while; but it'll be worth the wait when it happens. This stuff and the aforementioned car will allow me to build my dream hot rod someday. Just a waiting game as I continue to gather the best stuff to achieve it!

I'm gonna actually put some of the parts I got together with the hopped up flathead block I got and make a running dressed flattie in some upcoming videos! Just gotta get some other small projects finished first and rearrange the shop for winter!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I immediately thought ardun Flathead for the free t

kidcampbell71, Boden and jim snow like this.
  5. jim snow

jim snow

What Tim said. Snowman

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Think I saw the other Ardun heads up for sale already in the HAMB ads

Boden likes this.
  7. Boden

Boden

I’m just kidding it didn’t make me mad. Haha I’m happy for you. I will be mad if you never use them tho. Haha. I just don’t have best of luck with finding parts as you do. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. I’m guessing since you are 14, most of us have been at it a little longer

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  9. Good onya, you make your luck!

10. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Ebay-$13,500

11. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

You're a lucky dude. Just goes to show you never know what you'll find at an auction.
    And on the flipside how important it is to hire an auction company that knows what they are selling as well as how big of a role advertising plays.

Tim and TagMan like this.
  12. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. uncle buck

uncle buck

The other set is also in the classified for $12,500

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Matt, Put that combo in the Sweet16 build. That will make that young man piss his pants. :-D

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  15. Lil'Alb

Lil'Alb
    from brier, wa

Glad all that equipment didn't end up in a landfill or collapsed building

IronTrap and kidcampbell71 like this.
  16. IronTrap

IronTrap

Took some time to check out the $5 flathead block and aluminum flywheel I got there. Pulled the pan and it's all rebuilt. 59AB with balanced 4" crank, 3 5/16 .060 over , adjustable tappets, ported and relieved with big valves, engle race cam, etc. I think it's a good one for a future project! Tossed the Weiand FR heads I got at the sale and a matching intake on the engine for now. Man I love old hot rod parts! Bummed I just sold my spare KR Wilson Engine stand pedestal at Hershey.. I'd like to mockup the Ardun in the shop for fun... need to go sniff out another stand!

weiand engine1.jpg

17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I just saw a stand for sale maybe yesterday or the day before. I’ll shoot you a link if I find it again

kidcampbell71 and IronTrap like this.
  18. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

My wife and I watched the video Sunday almost as soon as it came out, while we were drinking our morning coffee. She didn't quite understand the almost constant "Holee crap!" that I kept saying, but she was real happy that you were real happy!:D

Amazing score that only a car guy can truly appreciate. congrats!

19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Resembles all the stuff in my old shop. Treasure, definitely. California or Pennsylvania, worth its weight...
    If not in gold, it's gettin' there!
    Congrats on this wonderous find!

20. I love watching Matt’s videos, he always finds the neatest of neatest stuff.

21. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Wow! What a haul! Congratulations!

22. IronTrap

IronTrap

Found a good spot for one of the blowers. Like it was meant to be.. Now who has a Caddy intake?!

blower-mockup.jpg

23. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet! Good look all around!

24. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

Matt, I wish you the best of luck finding a original caddy blower intake. I think Gear drive is makes them now but not sure. My buddy looked forever and ended up having a dual carb intake reworked for his setup. Caddy speed parts are very hard to find, And even harder to get guys to turn loose of them when you do find them.

IronTrap and kidcampbell71 like this.
  25. I went to Matt's Iron Trap Garage last Sunday. I think he did well at the auction, at least a true hot rodder.got some goodies, not just a flipper. As a 79 year old hot rodder, it made me feel good to see someone in the younger generation do well. The sport isn't dying, it is just being passed down, as it should be. We old hot rodders pass things down to our offspring, and it makes me feel good to see someone like Matt .pick up where we left off. I saw him fitting a shortened torque tube for a chassis in progress. He didn't hesitate, he just got it done right the first time. Congratulations to Matt.

26. IronTrap

IronTrap

Thanks for the visit Nick! I appreciate the good conversation and sharing swap meet/pickin' war stories! Welcome anytime!

-Matt/ITG

27. Congratulations Matt!! That is amazing!! Looking forward to seeing you use some of these finds in your builds.

Good on you!!!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  28. elgringo71

elgringo71

I’m bumping this to the top for those that haven’t seen it before

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  29. IronTrap

IronTrap

I have another good one coming... videos launch late Feb/early March. Stay tuned!

FortyNiner and elgringo71 like this.
  30. Its awesome, However its like the passing of the torch! Like the video of matt and Gene
    Its the passing of knowledge and Time.