Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I don't get it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Great Way To Get Your Fordy Featured/Discussed/Advertised/Possibly Sold...

2. 34Larry

34Larry

So TS if the 40 sells, others might learn from this on how to get-er-done??

Others HAMBers out there here is his PM reply.

All there is about this coupe is a lot but I'll try. Starting from the ground up, stock frame, chassis engineering adjustable mustang 2 , weedetr rear spring kit. Front & rear sway bars. Wheelsmith wheels, bfg.ww., 57 Lincoln caps. Drivetrain is 1955 desoto 291 rebuilt with hot heads kit to stock specs. Dependable, not a ground thumper. 727 mopar auto, duster 3:55 posi. Sanderson coated headers, hushpower flowmaster mufflers. Walker radiator, vintage air/heat. Secret autosound 10 CD disk player & radio. American autowire harness, auto meter aagauges. Original 60's button tuck interior, chrome garnish moldings. 1940 mer c front bumper, 1941 Studebaker frenched tail lights, 49 chevy rear plate guard. A/C needs charged & underdash hoses installed. Car runs and drives great, never gets over 150 degrees. Have build book pics, receipts . Paint is 2010 Ford Amber gold. Let me know if you have anymore questions, thanks.
    It also has a stainless drake fuel tank, elec. Fuel pump & aluminum lines.

Regardless of the negative comments and insulting remarks to my OP, I will believe until my time is up that if you have something of value and your advertising it, you need to include every thing there is about it in your add. :D nuff said and while it is a great car and I'd like it parked next to my 34, its just not in the cards what with my recent, (very recent) health issues, what with the need to travel to look it over.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  3. turd shiner

turd shiner
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds good to me.

flatheadpete likes this.
  4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Beer and a '40 coupe, what else do you need?

LOU WELLS and 6inarow like this.
  5. Maybe this is why he wants people to call, people waste his time making him write everything out when they have no intention of buying his car....

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. ^^^ Exactly !!!

o_O Pictures, phone number, & email, are in the ad.

So I guess ... 1 + 2 = ○ is unsolvable because he didn't post the answer ? Who knows ? Someone shoot me please ...

8. uncle buck

uncle buck

And you just confirmed that you are nothing more than a bored tire kicker with no serious interest in this killer coupe. Good luck selling it TS

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

54vicky, INVISIBLEKID, 66gmc and 3 others like this.
  9. His interest seems to lie in “teaching” the proper technique for others to sell their car when it’s really none of his fucking business

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

What kind of brownies? Is that legal in al?

11. Regular ole brownies.
    May bake peanut butter cookies tomorrow

lumpy 63 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. uncle buck

uncle buck

You know..... come on up to Washington, them loaded brownies are legal here

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Are those traditional??

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Alice B. Toklas's Hash Brownies - Definitely traditional... 1954

15. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

ugh. IMO that pickup is horrendous in gold. I don't like gold on vehicles in general but that pickup is extra goofy. Reminds me Bicentennial man[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  16. Sheezus' ... gold is gold, man. They put it in ears, around necks & fingers, & it keeps well in your refrigerator & in banks. It's frek'n gold.

Screenshot_20191027-010719_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20191027-010754_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20191027-010832_Google.jpg

17. [​IMG]
    Lemme get this thing parked..

18. I too like this shade of gold. Car is pretty sweet too. Don't like the gold? o_O - Scuff it down a little & spray some candy red over it. :cool:

kidcampbell71 and The37Kid like this.
  19. F80D92FB-AC04-4940-888C-0F82E60E0B9F.jpeg
    I think the wagon from the movie has a little gold on it somewhere

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  20. 34Larry

34Larry

(the color sucks, but that's just my opinion) was my exact statement, that means it is MY thought and why any one of you get all wrapped around the axle and then bad mouth just for voicing what I like and don't like is imbecilic, again IMO.
    I was truly interested in the car, as I have pursued a 40 coupe here and spoken with the owner, but it just is not for sale. I admired the Hemi being in the car as I have one in my 34 also.
    Unfortunately for me, the day I made my OP I suffered from another TIA:
    TIA A ministroke is also known as a transient ischemic attack (TIA). It occurs when part of the brain experiences a temporary lack of blood flow. This causes stroke-like symptoms that resolve within 24 hours. Unlike a stroke, a ministroke on its own doesn't cause permanent disabilities.
    That a few of you choose to imply that you are reading my thoughts and some how, it is your opinion is that I never intended to purchase the coupe is beyond my comprehensions as I had already informed my lovely banker, (read wife) of my intentions and it was okay at that point, with next step pending more info. I fully expected TS to just post the ci's of the hemi, in which I would go forward. Unfortunately came the TIA, a nights stay in ER with scans and all that goes with that stay. That then is (6) of these, with no permanent disabilities, but being aware of possibly more I have to back off on any purchase that would require driving. (I refuse to fly in this f'd up world to day, and I'm a retired Boeing Engineer).
    So I'm saddened that so many know-it-all's purport to come down on a post that was once again as I said in my OP, (that's just my opinion), and apologize profusely for expressing what was just an opinion and I assure you all that it will not happen again.

I really appreciate THE HAMB and all the advise and help I have received here over the years, especially that given so freely about my mistakes and 727 torqueflight miseries this past summer.
    My input henceforth will be on inquires made on various subjects I have experience or expertise with and/or on. (Which really is not that much in the auto/rod &custom world. After I'm only 80 and have been a hobbyist since...........oh say 1950.

I feel comments coming on about what is above and that's perfectly ok with me as this is public domain and the oh so opinionated HAMB. Just know if you have an opinion on this I will not take part as my opinions mean nothing significant. I consider this post closed, a lesson and ended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.