Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A Bit Of My Drawings

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sculptive Design Co., Oct 21, 2019.

1. 34Larry

34Larry

no long winded comment, only WOW!!!!

Stogy likes this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your choice of Hotrod/Custom Body is a cost effective one as T's make Cool rides and don't share the huge Dollar values of their more sought after Cousins...;)

Sculptive Design Co. likes this.
  3. Sculptive Design Co.

Sculptive Design Co.

Thanks @19Fordy I really enjoy it and if it gives ideas to others. Thats even better.

Stogy likes this.
  4. Just saw your avatar in another thread - I'll be following this for sure! Kuul concept with the closed fenders, might rip it off someday!

Stogy likes this.
  5. Sculptive Design Co.

Sculptive Design Co.

Here is another one. This is a sport coupe with roadster a pillars and coupe doors cut. Also added a body line on the bottom of the door and quarter panel, similar to a roadster. This is more of a design exercise, than a complete drawing.
    53752329_106789060376182_5166454582478054149_n.jpg

6. Sculptive Design Co.

Sculptive Design Co.

Your exactly right. Luckily, this far south (New Orleans Metro area), these "original parts" don't go for much. Most of the time they can't give these parts away. Everybody is in to Mustangs and Camaro's. (Nothing wrong with that.) But, @beatnikontinental made a good point at the Bayou Roundup. He said: "something about hot rods done in a traditional way causes us to be creative". There is a reason you look at any hot rod from the late 30's to the late 60's. There timeless, creative and have so many cool details, and were lucky we can pick any time period and riff off of it.

Stogy likes this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I still don't understand why the Sport Coupes aren't exploited in Hardtop more as they are a 3 Window technically...I know your Sketch is an exercise but along with Specials they get axed into Coupesters or Re-roofed as a Std Coupe...
    The 1/4 Window Pillar removal on the T looks really awesome...There is an Oddball Fully Skirted A that has a High level of Finish but missed the Style mark by a bit but it really had many admirable features as well...I'll see if I can find it...

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. Boden

Boden

Nothing fancy. Lol ‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Sculptive Design Co. and Stogy like this.
  10. Sculptive Design Co.

Sculptive Design Co.

41 GMC K-18 and Stogy like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Totally agree...man I searched over and over for ink on that and finally I found it right here in and old thread on the Hamb...

Did you see the Hotrod @Jimmy B posted in that thread which leans much more in a Hotrod direction...pretty stylish too...

The fronts turn with the Wheels wHere Rans fenders were fixed...with a very narrowed axle I suppose

Photo from JimmyB circa 1952 unknown location Mike Lopez owner.jpg

Credit to @Jimmy B

Link to his post below with further links...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-mystery-of-ran’s-auto-works.1105637/page-2#post-12549305

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    1947knuck, stanlow69 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  13. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Thanks for posting up your artwork! Amazing stuff.
    I look forward to your future submissions...(Friday Art Show)

Bobby

14. Sculptive Design Co.

Sculptive Design Co.

Thanks Bobby, here is one I did on Friday. A 23-25T on a complete 28-29 A chassis. IMG_0554.JPG

15. Sculptive Design Co.

Sculptive Design Co.

I think there are good points to that linked thread you shared with me. One of which is when these original guys were creating these hot rods/paving the way. There were more of the un-homogenized type (style) cars than these more "homogenized". Not discounting the fact that these "homogenized" are great. Because they are. Maybe its the fact that they are so great is because at that time most cars were a type of gow-jobs instead of a hotrod. Ether way both points can be argued. I think if the car has great attention to detail and craftsmanship I can appreciate that.

For example. Wally Olson's T I think the first version is better than the second.
    hrxp-0807-1925-ford-t-bucket-15.jpg
    Photo credit Hot Rod Magazine
    The second version was more of a cruiser than hot rod. I think Blackie said it best. Hot rods have black walls and cruisers have wide whites. Or was that from The Car That Ate My Brain! Movie said by Von Franco. I digress.
    abce9f12b80da1170a2df220d167d673.jpg
    Different strokes for different folks. :)

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. Sculptive Design Co.

Sculptive Design Co.

1947knuck, Dannerr, pwschuh and 7 others like this.
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

19. WOW! Great work, thanks for sharing.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. 41 C28

41 C28

Nice work, thanks for sharing.

21. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

My son is an artist professor in Chicago . If I was still married to his Mother , the first thing I would do is punch her right in the mouth , cause I know his skill did not come from my loins !

22. Fantastic work. Some real talent there.