Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What!!? another 27 on 32 chassis!??. Scratch build body.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mindover, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Excuse the cross head screws these were replaced with slot heads.

[​IMG]

JOYFLEA, 35cab, pcbart and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Thank you for commenting, its pretty quiet round here. Yes I am pretty happy with it so far. I tweaked the ride height to get it just how I wanted it. and made a few more adjustments as I will show soon.

3. redoxide

redoxide

Dave, looks like you have a new lease of life for the build. The rate of knots its going together now will see you done and dusted for 2020.. Looking forward to seeing the car at some VHRA events . If the car doesnt stand out ( which it will) Im pretty sure attention will be drawn by the wide grin on your fizzer, put there by realising what a massive sense of self achievement it has been to complete a long term aim.. :) . Its cool to do the work on other folks cars to the level you work at, but there is something extra special about achieving your own lifetime goals .. Its looking great.. Look forward to more posts in the coming days and weeks ..

Dont worry about lack of comments, its safe to say most folk are actually speechless, There isnt many folk can do what you have done..

4. ^^^ some of the best threads, deserve no comments. Just need a thunderous applause button, for your performance ... and I'd be happy.

Why f*ck up majesty, with my blibber blabber ? :)

Rex_A_Lott, brEad, weps and 3 others like this.
  5. I have to hold myself back from commenting with every new update!
    (sometimes I can, sometimes I can't....;).)

brEad and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. Following along here since the beginning

7. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Hi Ian, I have been working on it all this time I just haven't been posting on any forums. Its coming together now I am a bit further on than I have shown so far. Making this body is not easy even for me. I didn't have an original body when I started which made progress slow.

8. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Thanks guys, the same trusty few . Good to see you are still following along though I appreciate it. Thanks for watching. I feel like the site has lost a lot of members. I gotta say I was disillusioned when photo bucket took all the photos, especially after the site lost all the photos before that and I spent ages re- posting them. I had a lot on at work and it was too much for me to do all that again. I kept gradually working on it which is what I am showing now.

9. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Thank you for replying to me. I appreciate you following along.

1952B3b23, AmishMike and cactus1 like this.
  10. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

I've done a little metal beating on some some aircraft patch panels in my job before I retired, but it is nice to see how it is done on a larger scale. Been following for quite a while but don't comment much.

AmishMike and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Glad to see you are still on the board and still following my thread. I have developed quite a bit of tooling and made a few machines as well as buying tools to make my work more efficient since I started this build. Always trying to improve.

64 DODGE 440 likes this.
  12. Don’t get discouraged by a seeming lack of comments. Check the number of views instead. Many of us just don’t have something to say that adds to your already excellent thread so we just watch quietly. You do really fine work!

oj, RustyBullet, AmishMike and 2 others like this.
  13. Loving the exploded view Dave.

kidcampbell71 and greaser like this.
  14. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Thank you. I checked out some of the profiles of people who used to comment on here and some have not been on for quite a while. Some threads seem to get a lot of comments so it's good to know there is some interest. I will check the numbers. Cheers for commenting.

Part Timer and brEad like this.
  15. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Cheers Phil, this has taken far too long but it's not easy to get time on it. I am going to try to get out more once this is done! See you soon.

16. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

I'm generally not a comment guy but this thread is awesome. Learning a lot. Thank you for your posts!

AmishMike likes this.
  17. Could not get my originals to fit and they were worn out anyway. I replaced them with early 2CV door locks and welded the T release lever on to the Citroen lock. IMG_20190728_172644738.jpeg

Sent from my moto g(6) play using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    JOYFLEA, Okie Pete, 35cab and 2 others like this.
  18. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Sheesh.. I haven't been on for a few days. I come back and ba-boom! David strikes again. :)
    It looks great, as does all the work of yours that I have seen over the years.

My work will never be up to your level but, thanks to your DVD and a few other masters like you, I have made my rear fenders and have a start on the front ones. :)
    Your DVD sits on the stand next to "my chair"... just in reach. It does get watched. ;)
    I've always stolen space in my brothers shop but I'm actually getting a little 10 X 20 shed together that I can use for working on my "T-ish" thing.
    Health (or lack thereof) is my issue. But every step forward is progress.

As for less comments... I think a lot of people got tired of the keyboard warriors on all the forums who like to yammer on about "you should have done it this way" and crap like that.
    Keep posting, David. Please....

1952B3b23 likes this.
  19. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Thanks Joe, I agree some forums are not as friendly as this one. Good to know you are progressing with your hotrod, it will be easier to progress once you have your car in your own ahead I imagine.

Well thank you for taking the time to comment now. Its good to know that when I post its of interesting to people. Otherwise there is not a lot of point.

Thanks Jack, good to know you are still on the forum and interested in this build. I bought repro catches and they were not bad but I had to modify the claw part that mounts on the 'B' post, this piece is not a very good replica of the original but it works ok once modified. Looks like your 2cv locks will work well.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    cactus1 and GizmoJoe like this.
  20. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I watched your video a few pages back and then caught up to date on the thread. I especially like watching you make the panels and the methods and machines you are using. Its great seeing the machines you have developed yourself to suit a certain purpose.
    I dont usually post, so as not to clutter up the thread, but if it gives you encouragement , I'll do it more often.
    I have watched your DVD several times, and each time I see something I missed before, especially now that I know a little more about what I'm watching.
    Great job on your little T on 32 rails!

brEad likes this.
  21. manyolcars

manyolcars

You are doing awesome work.I want to make this panel. Can you give any advice/instruction?

22. manyolcars

manyolcars

I'm going to guess. Curve it, flange it, bead roller, holes last?

23. embyman68

embyman68

Your incredible talent is truly inspiring! I really look forward to seeing your latest posts.

24. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Comments?

Personally, I'm humbled silent!

64 DODGE 440 likes this.
  25. Been off social networks for a while . Man that is great work . I missed a lot .

26. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looking good

27. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Its been a while, since i've been on, your work is amazing, it looks spot on.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Thanks Rex, I live with women and work alone so I like a bit of conversation on here, so its nice to have questions or replies. Glad you like the car and my DVD. My machines and tools are just a natural progression of the techniques I showe DVD. I'm glad you like it.

29. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Thanks for the question. First I made a buck, then I wheeled the shape into the panel. Next I put the beads into the panel then formed the flanges on the sides. The raised areas I put in with some simple tooling made from wood and rubber and a steel former. I then punched the holes then finally flared them on the same machine I use for punching louvers. You can see some of this in a video I posted in this thread a few weeks ago.

30. Sculptive Design Co.

Sculptive Design Co.

Amazing work Rex, I have been following your youtube for years. Nice to see you building a hot rod.