Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Speed shop names

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boden, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Boden

Boden

What are some cool speed shop names. I’m going to inherit the machine shop I work at and when I get it I want to sell speed equipment in the front name. Right now it’s called Eric’s machine shop. I’m thinking about calling it (Blast from the past) since I will be selling parts for 60s and older cars. Then i can machine their motors and parts also. Win win. What are some other names u guys can think of?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. AHotRod

AHotRod

Sounds like a great name to me!

Boden likes this.
  3. Boden

Boden

Thank you sir!

4. saltracer219

saltracer219

Boden's Performance Machine
    We make your Hot Rod a "blast from the Past"!

5. Boden

Boden

Damn! I like that a lot. Haha

6. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Having your name first "Bodens" is a plus alphabetically in the phone yellow page or internet listings.

Hnstray, 41 GMC K-18 and Boden like this.
  7. Boden

Boden

Same as blast from the past. Starts with b

8. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I am enjoying your youthful enthusiasm in your threads and questions. You may be a distant relative of HRP.:D Stay around here and you probably will give HRP a run for his money.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  9. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

It already seems you are on your way to being addicted to this site.:cool:

10. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Boden.
    First of all, your enthusiasm is appreciated, and I hope that you do inherit the machine shop, at your current age, indicated by your profile, I would imagine that its a few years away from that happening.

Its never too early to start thinking about what you want to name the business, or the building or a logo. Spend the $10.00 and pick up a copy of this book, its still in print, and ( I am NOT associated with the authors of this book ), it has a lot of great ideas and logos from the past, and they are very cool, it will give you a lot to look at and help you make a choice of a name or logo.
    trade marks.JPG

I added a few shots from the book just to give you a taste of what is possible.

Bull Dog.JPG Beechcraft B logo.jpg logo 1.JPG flying piston.JPG
    Do some research about the history of the business, or history of the town the building is located in, you will be amazed at what you find, that may be helpful in choosing a name in relation to the history of the building or the town.

Take a look at the 3 initials of your full name, do some drawing of your own to see how you can make the 3 letters compliment each other with color and shape, this is an example of mine,

JDH logo 2.jpg JDH Logo.jpg
    If my name was Boden, the B with a wing on it, with big block letters " BODEN SPEED PARTS " underneath the artwork would be my choice.

Do take into consideration the great shops and people from the past, like Iskenderian, " ISKY " or Dean Moon, just as an example, if you are going to do quality work and sell quality parts, your name should be associated with your product, but that is just my opinion, you have lots of time to come up with your own unique name and brand.

I thought that the Bull dog in the circle was cool too, ( BULL DOG SPEED PARTS ). Possibly put a leather aviators helmet and goggles on the bulldog!

Anyway, these are just a few suggestions and illustrations, by the time the shop does become your's, it will be interesting to see what your generation will be collecting and building and restoring.

Go for it kid ! " EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN "

triangle logo.jpg

11. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What the hell is this "yellow pages" you speak of? :cool:

12. error404

error404
    from CA

the free bundle of fire kindling that gets delivered right to your door!

13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I dubbed my shop LA HOT RODS, I live about 5 miles south of Ashland Mo. so I played on lower Ashland.

14. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Is your name pronounced Bo-den or Bod-en ?
    If you want to go Hot Roddin' go with Bod-en!

15. Boden

Boden

Thanks for the information sir!

16. Boden

Boden

Bo-den

17. Latigo

Latigo

I like “Rusty Nuts Speed Shop” but my wife won’t let me put a sign up on the garage.

55styleliner likes this.
  18. guitarguy

guitarguy

The enthusiasm is great. And Im not trying to be a downer, But don't paint yourself into a corner with just 60's and earlier sales, service, and merchandise. The few that have done it, and are successful are the lucky ones. Make that part of your business a specialty, but keep the doors (eyes) open for opportunity.

19. I work in logistics for a driveline company that distributes to a bagillion shops, and some of the names people come up with make me wonder how anyone would do business with places that use Z's in place of S's and spell works in goofy ways (werks,worx,werx). Name it Boden's speed and machine or sommething similar and you'll sound professional and like you established and dont need a gimmick or punchline to draw attention.

Cosmo49, hfh, 6sally6 and 9 others like this.
  20. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This

21. redo32

redo32

Boden's Machine................ get your BM's here. I'm old and sometimes post from the toilet.

Dino 64, dan31 and Flathead Dave like this.
  22. Boden

Boden

No no. Sorry I didn’t explain. I will machine everything. But all my speed equipment on the shelves will be for all 60s and older engines

Jim Bouchard and Hombre like this.
  23. I like Jeremy Baye's 1945 Speed and Custom.
    It is two fold Jeremy is a Social Distortion fan 1945 is a single (I ask him if I came from Social Distortion) and 1945 was the end of the war G.I.s returning home and building Hot Rods, and race cars.

24. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Delivered whether you want them or not like the shopper.

25. I've personally never seen the Shop , but I did see a guys trailer emblazoned with, " Sugar Tit Speed Shop down the side.

There is actually a place called Sugar Tit here in South Carolina. HRP

26. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't use the one in my avatar. EBB is the first letter of the names Ed, Bob and Brian. We started he shop back in the 70's.

27. Boden

Boden

Ok.lol

28. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

There are some "ahem" town names in PA. , but I think you have to be of age:rolleyes:

dan31 and Montana1 like this.
  29. gsjohnny

gsjohnny

having an old dragster I get a lot 'that's old school'. told my wife i'm going to add mr Peabody and Sherman and call it 'the wabac machine'. wouldn't you know it, she has the mr Peabody and Sherman stuffed animals.
    'boden's wabac machine shop'

30. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Boden.

This is just a quick and dirty 2 minute rendering on scratch paper. The name BODEN, at 5 letters, can do the old trick of
    vertical and horizontal combined. Just an idea that you can play with.

Imagine the letters as you see them, are all made out of 1/2" cold rolled round bar, to do the layout isn't hard at all, just time consuming and what ever the cost is to get the round bar. I am assuming that you have access to a welder.

Say for instance the letters were 12" tall on the "Boden" in the center of the circle, and the speed letters were a foot and a half tall. You can imagine how cool that would be if the circle that comprises the word BODEN is mounted on a center spindle that will let the center spin in the wind, as its connected to the speed letters.

Paint the letters what ever color you like, and light it from the bottom with flood lights at 45 degrees, and at night time its amazing how the optical illusion of the 2 dimensional letters shifts as it rotates.

Its even more cool if both sides of the " Boden " in the center, were painted two different wild metal flake colors!

The word "SPEED " would be stationary.

A hell of a lot cheaper than Neon I can assure you, not as dramatic as Neon, but still a cool unique factor to it as well.

These are just suggestions, enjoy!

BODEN SPEED.jpg

ratfink500xl and TrailerTrashToo like this.