Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Went and looked at the hayfield that got rained on Friday night. Windrows where still wet on the bottom. So I re raked the entire field. Turned it over and it was sunny and 75 today. should be Ok to bale by noon tomorrow.

2. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Installed new Bob Drake wing window seals on my 40. DSCN3439.JPG

3. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Cleaned a spot out in the shop for my 47 buick that will be here soon. Lippy:D

swade41 likes this.
  4. Moved a ton of snow. Snow.jpg

Picture from a friends deck.

5. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

[​IMG]

Apparently this model A frame followed me home. So stoked to get started!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. choptop40

choptop40

Simple frame and built Ford tough...

osage orange likes this.
  7. Worked on getting a drivers side hinge pin removed on the 40....hinge won this round against my torch and a MAC's pin remover....round two tomorrow !

osage orange likes this.
  8. How'd you like that seal ? Install ?

9. WTF really

WTF really

What are you building with it?

10. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

The pass side garnish molding went in fine, drivers side was a little different story. Drake's seals are very nice fitting in my opinion. The old seals were pretty bad.

stillrunners likes this.
  11. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Took a karate chop type dent out of the chin pan and repainted it, looks a lot better. I figured what caused the dent may have also broken the last bar out of the bottom of the grille. I'm going to try and make a bar out of a piece of 1/4 inch stainless round stock. DSCN3436.JPG

12. pnevells

pnevells

Pulled the mag out of the Shaker to have it checked out at Mason Racing ignition mag.jpg

chriseakin, Lil32 and UNSHINED 2 like this.
  13. LAROKE

LAROKE

From the BillyBob Shop log -

October 14th 2019 My laziness ramped up as the heat of summer did the same until it cooked the ambition right out of me. I didn't do a thing for the last five months. Now, the heat index has dropped below 100 for more than two days in a row in the BillyBob Shop for the first time since I don't know when. I started back into the fray with cleaning and painting ops on the driver side frame rail, springs and spindle.

[​IMG]

mkebaird, Old wolf, Lil32 and 3 others like this.
  14. 62rebel

62rebel

The drop in temperature has certainly been welcome here. Don't break a sweat walking out the door!

Lil32, osage orange and LAROKE like this.
  15. 62rebel

62rebel

Replaced three of the four bolts holding the bottom of the column in place on the Galaxie. Fourth one is still too short, so I need to get a longer one for that. Can't imagine what the previous owner was thinking. The column was so loose it literally flopped around.

16. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Been driving the wheels of my new-to-me cruiser. Normally I don't buy cars that are running and driving, but this one has history with me and a friend going back to 2009. Two owners later, and it's back with its cousin. First picture is how it sits now, second picture is back in 2009 or 2010 on our way to Symco. Its cousin is the white '59. 20191011_121200.jpg 183114-1273197688-a4804a74955f2cdef58054df39b69824.jpg

chriseakin, Sandgroper, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  17. Today I realized that my car was painted with "invisible" paint. Pic 1 is what I thought the other drivers saw in broad daylight, pic 2 show what most driver's seem to really see. Almost got taken out today by a woman who move in to my lane without looking in her mirrors or using turn signals, glad i was paying attention . Be safe everybody !
    FB_IMG_1571172459049.jpg FB_IMG_1571172487407.jpg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  18. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got the Explorer differential painted for my '54 Dodge pickup. The diff got all new bearings, shims, adjustment, and assembly last week. When the paint dries, I'll add the cover, brake lines, and the brakes which are slightly off topic. Then I will put it on its own home-built differential stand, cover it, and roll it into a corner.

This project is being done differently. Instead of bouncing around I'm doing one segment at at time. The engine, bell housing and transmission are assembled and covered. One of these days I will simply assemble the old truck.

19. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I helped a friend sell his car today.
    IMG_5239.JPG

chriseakin, Sandgroper, BigO and 4 others like this.
  20. choptop40

choptop40

Spitfire v8...never seen one of these.... image.jpeg

chriseakin, BigO and Lil32 like this.
  21. It’s 4:20am the dog had to go out and now I am wide awake. So here I am on my iPad.
    Yesterday I took the two front tires off the coupe and brought them to a local tire shop that I use. You see, on the way home from the FallOut Saturday I juiced it up a bit on the highway, when I got up over 70mph I started getting some front end shimmy . So I checked every thing on the front end, also the toe in and everything was good. Off to the tire shop. Both front tires that were balanced on a bubble balancer when mounted were way out of balance when done on the spin balancer. In fact they were better with out any weights than with the ones I had on. Put them on the coupe and what a difference. Even feel it at lower speeds. Later today I am taking the rears over to redo. Well I am going back to bed now, as I hear the coyotes howling outside. Goodnight!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

22. Did the rears yesterday. One was way out and the other not too bad but still needed to be done over. Have not driven it with all four done. Rain and wind outside today. No more bubble balancing for me! IMG_6335.JPG
    IMG_6337.JPG

23. Looks like the grille in my 40 Delux.......

24. Round two and three both went to the old Henry hinge. Going for another plan of attack - with my head !

Attached Files:

Sandgroper and osage orange like this.
  25. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

My engine hoist took a pee......
    IMG_1531[1].JPG

chriseakin, Sandgroper and Lil32 like this.
  26. Mine did also.
    I bought a replacement from HF that has air assist on it. Sure beats pumping the handle and trying to watch what you are lifting all at the same time

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

chriseakin likes this.
  27. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Walked the dogs spotted this down the road from my house.

28. I need to start walking more!

29. toml24

toml24

I donated blood at the Red Cross today. It was a "Power Red" donation, or 2-pints of Red Blood Cells, used in trama room emergencies. My blood is also CMV Negative, which means my blood can be given to babies and children who need blood early in their lives. Do a good deed and donate blood.

30. Finally got done with my hay bailing. Now I gotta cut firewood. Then I can get back to playing cars & trucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.