Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods CDN HAMBers' Happy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fortunateson, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

As the title says, Happy Thanksgiving to us all. We live in one of the best countries in the world with a pretty good economy, high standard of living, low violence, most of the world sees us as a friend, and the list goes on not to mention Fargos, McLaughlin Buick, Meteor, Lucernes, Cansos and Beaumonts, Parisiennes, and more. So whether today or tomorrow enjoy and give thanks for all that we have and give a thought to those in other parts of the world in their societal struggles.

I was going to bring back my thread from last year about prepping a bird and colouring it but too many did not appreciate the humour...

Stogy, belair, Blue One and 4 others like this.
  2. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Title should be.... CDN HAMBers' Happy Thanksgiving

Don't know how to edit title.

Stogy, VANDENPLAS and Paul like this.
  3. D type

D type
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wishing you and your family and the other Canadian HAMBers
    a great and safe weekend !

Stogy, Deuces and VANDENPLAS like this.
  4. brad2v

brad2v

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!

Stogy, Blue One, Deuces and 1 other person like this.

5. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Dig you Canadian fellers, have a good one today!

Stogy, brad2v, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  6. Ziggster

Ziggster

Beautiful weather here, and the fall colours are at their peak. Probably the best I've seen in twenty years here. Enjoy!
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Stogy, brad2v, lothiandon1940 and 3 others like this.
  7. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Lucky bugger. Out here in the lower mainland it's cloudy, a little drizzle but all in all a great day; no typhoons, earthquakes (I hope!), hurricanes or such. Those colours a quite amazing!

8. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Visiting the in laws in northern B.C. for the holiday. Winter’s coming...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy, Ziggster, belair and 4 others like this.
  9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Whomever fixed the thread title, thanks! I taught English for a number of years so spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors still bug me. And my red pen doesn't work on the glass screen!

10. buford_59

buford_59

Happy Thanks Giving everyone. Be thankful you didn't get the snowfall we got over the last couple of days. Our friends south of the border, North and South Dakota, got wacked too. As much as 70 cm in parts and about 40 cm in Winnipeg. A gizlion downed trees and branches down and power out for a few thousand people. We've also had overland flooding in out lying areas. This may sound like whinning but this not normal for this part of the country. We should be able to still go out cruising. Oh well, I'll be in the garage starting work on my '39 Buick sedan. Straight eight with newer trans and 8.8
    Ford rear. When I learn to download pic's, I'll start a thread.

Enjoy this time with friends and family and get stuffed. With turkey and stuff and pumpkin pie.

DoUg p.s. 27.5 in. and 15.7 in.

11. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

12. Deuces

Deuces

Happy Thanksgiving yous guys!!!!!..... ;):rolleyes:

Stogy, lothiandon1940 and keith27T like this.
  13. trollst

trollst

Yup, had dinner last night, leftovers today. Happy Thanksgiving boys and girls.

Stogy and Deuces like this.
  14. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

trollst, one of these days when I'm up in Princeton we have to meet up. Rumour has it you are just out of town towards Henley. Last few times I'm been up there visiting a friend I've seen a '46(?) Ford, tan in colour and one or two other rides. Enjoy those leftovers may be the best part of a turkey dinner...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Stogy, trollst and Deuces like this.
  15. goldmountain

goldmountain

Happy Columbus Day to whoever celebrates that.

16. Happy Thanksgiving from the Far East of the Western world, the Rock.

Stogy, Ziggster and Deuces like this.
  17. Hope all our Canadian driends have a great Thanksgiving, and to keep the holiday traditional make sure you have salt beef, biscuits & mushy peas! :D HRP

18. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

HRP, whose tradition is that?

19. Did a leg of lamb on the smoker, beautiful and sunny in northern Alberta today....happy thanksgiving to everyone. Definitely thankful for my amazing wife and kids.

20. Read a article in the newspaper about the origin of Thanksgiving in Canada & explorer Sir Martin Frabisher (Not sure of that last name) and his crew celebrating their safe arrival in Nunavat in 157? I don't remember the exact date.

The article did say the Canadians had been celebrating at least 45 years before the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock.

According to what traditionally is known as "The first Thanksgiving," the 1621 feast between the Pilgims and the Wampanoag at Plymouth Colony contained waterfowl, venison, ham, lobster, clams, berries, fruit, pumpkin, and squash. HRP

21. I’ve never heard of it either.

Deuces likes this.
  22. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I guess Mr. Frobisher was following a traditional British Navy splurge? I read an article about six years ago that the traditional modern day turkey was developed in Ladner/Delta BC in the late 1800s. People around here started buying them then some Americans came up and started getting them. Next thing you know there all over the place. I like to try a wild turkey some day and no, not the booze.

23. Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians! Celebrated with my sister's family yesterday, and close friend and his family today. He's managed two Thanksgivings since his diagnosis, so we gave a silent thank you for that, too. My brother is on the East Coast with his son who is attending school there.

24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gobble Gobble...History is interesting

MarilynThanksgiving2019.jpg
    Regards,
    Stogy

Credit to Photographer, Owner

25. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

IMG_1468.JPG And on a darker note this is what happens when a wild Canadian turkey jumps out of a tree on the 401 highway in front of your truck when your on the way to the Ancaster swap meet with cruise control on at 110 Km per hour.

Stogy likes this.
  26. That's like 67 MPH right?

I few years ago A wild turkey decided to commit suicide by flying into the grille of my daily driver the day before or Thanksgiving and did quiet a bit of damage.

I retaliated by smoking 2 plump Turkeys in the smoker the next day. HRP

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Stogy, Deuces and Ziggster like this.
  27. It seems I read a similar article a couple of years ago, I got pretty close to the name, at least it was close enough for you to pick up on what I was referring to.

I hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving. HRP

Deuces likes this.
  28. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

For all the Cliff Clevens out there, today is Thanksgiving in Canada, so happy Thanksgiving to all.
    Lets not forget the Frontenac and Mercury truck!
    We are blessed.

Stogy likes this.
  29. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Should have mentioned those as well but then I would have to mention the Russel and all those other obscure vehicles. I hope you are enjoying the long weekend...

Stogy likes this.
  30. blackanblue

blackanblue

I really feel for everyone for the bad weather, Turkey and all the fixings

Stogy likes this.