Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tired of homogenized hotrods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by onekoolkat1950, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Shrapnel, chryslerfan55, BigO and 6 others like this.
  3. You can get away with a door or two extra on a square body Ford. Now a want a 4 door sedan delivery. o_O:p:D

chryslerfan55, Hamtown Al and Stogy like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a Nice one Check out those Tailights...Ready to Shoot for the Moon YeeHaw...:D

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. In highschool I met an old guy that had a '39 coupe and a '40 sedan. By old I mean depression era old. He gave me both and I said I wish the coupe had the '40 clip and he said it can be done. Took us a week of evenings (I worked in a slaughter house during the day in the summer) but we made it fit and look right. he was a talented old man. I ran a 235 a 250 (with multi carbs and splits) and finally a hotted up 283 in that car. All in a period of 6 months. LOL

6. Rockets he should have called it Elvira

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That I would Like to See...a 39 with 40 front sheetmetal...You Guys were doing some Valley Custom...;)

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chryslerfan55 and 1947knuck like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Elvira Yes Black Lace and Hot...And Pointed...

The side pipe looks to be pointing right at the rear fender...Do you think it's capped and is diverted under and back?

Thoughts?

And if you uncapped you'd be blasting the Fender...Well and least the fenders curved...:D

[​IMG]

Credit to Photographer, Owner

chryslerfan55 and 1947knuck like this.
  10. chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chryslerfan55 and Sancho like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chryslerfan55, 1947knuck and Sancho like this.
  13. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

This is my Mother in 1952.

FB.JPG
    IMG_0054ii.jpg

Paul, chryslerfan55, BigO and 9 others like this.
  14. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had to look it up...
    Sum very cool engineering!

Pebble-Beach-Hot-Rods-2019-HRM-_036.jpg Pebble-Beach-Hot-Rods-2019-HRM-_071.jpg Pebble-Beach-Hot-Rods-2019-HRM-_035.jpg Pebble-Beach-Hot-Rods-2019-HRM-_058.jpg
    Notes: The Carburetors are right above the "passengers" feet...
    Probably Never leaks...?..Don't know what kind they are?
    - Sucks air from the Cockpit...(doubles as A/C)
    - Intake Manifold is kinda boxy...(Not Swoopy)
    - Very Cool Swoopy Exhaust!
    - Louvers....!!!
    Sounds like they had problems making it actually run for Pebble Beach...
    Very Cool Car !!...I really dig all the weirdness!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    OLLIN, Shrapnel, weps and 10 others like this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes piloting these wild rides must have taken some getting used to and at least some of it's history involved street driven use...20 grand to build in 1948...Wow that's huge Dough...It has been respectfully maintained till today...What an incredible story...

They wouldn't let it race at one point as it was unfairly powerful...:eek:

I have to snoop around to see how fast it went at the Dry Lakes there is no mention at Kustomrama...

Quoted text below...

The car is still around, and is currently owned by Matt Jones of Cypress, Texas who are restoring it back to its 1947 version. Matt found the car in a pool hall in an Irish pub in Wisconsin...

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Daayyuum thats Cool...That Fender Treatment I have seen on a number of Hotrods...Must be Traditional eh...seriously that is very very cool family Lineage there @VA HAMB and absolutely the essence of the thread indeed...

It seems it may have even been the daily driver...is it still around...Fingers crossed...and i hope your Mother is still with us...

The whole Shiload...:confused:...(it's a Ryan thing)...:D...of us hopes you have more of that Family Cool stuff you have to share...Sincere thanks VA that is the coolest thing I've seen today...;)

17. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

Stogy, as far as I know the couple times the weinberg roadster ran at the lakes they didn't get a speed as they kept having problems with the blower drive chain.

18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you @studebakerjoe they gotta have some numbers, I mean what the heck it must have been timed or raced to be disqualified mind you that was against MG's that might have been those Road races...

That is the cost of innovation...To me its an incredibly engineered Beauty of a Hotrod really built nearly along the lines of an aircraft...in fact there's an little Super Connie in its lines...I wonder if there is a Lockheed Connection?

Bob-weinberg-roadster2.jpg

Connie_XC-69-960_640.jpg

Credit to Photographer's, Owner's

19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@340HilbornDuster I'm glad your checking the links out...many times I'm sharing 1 or 2 pics and only a tidbit of info...there are a some very good companion to this site...not to mention archived threads relating to same...

Hey what's happening with the Tub? I know your juggling a few others...as long as your having fun it's all good.

20. Ziggster

Ziggster

Thanks for posting about the Weinberg roadster. I just spent the last 1/2 hour soaking up what I could. Jist looking at the louvres punched on the compound curves shows these guys were super skilled at metal working. I hope they finish the restoration so we can see it running soon.

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

carsick14.jpg

:rolleyes:...Diversity in Tradition is a wonderful thing...
    another in Hamber @carsick's collection...

Credit to Photographer, Owner

chryslerfan55, patmanta and deadbeat like this.
  22. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chryslerfan55, deadbeat and Stogy like this.
  23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ziggster you highlight the beauty of content inspiring and leading you in interest into the vast amount of incredible accomplishments with numerous successes, failures and of course the history...

Wanting to see any speeds posted by this $20,000 machine I also searched here and there are a few threads focusing on this Hotrod, one with a fairly thorough book written article on it.

A couple of the things I did notice with the pic I posted with the Super Connie is 1, an absence of louvers (perhaps just an evolving add-on) and 2, the Deuce Frame which so incredibly flows with the rest of it.

Here's a thread with a post by Hamber Lowlife with scans of literature describing the Stealthy Racer...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...g-lakester-unusual-build.380935/#post-4133814

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  24. car was bought. the fellow cleaned the car up, got it running and took it around the block [with no brakes]. then he took it to Hershey to sell it. IMG_7143.JPG IMG_7144.JPG

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just learned something new...:eek:

I was going back searching for the post that you were replying to and having little success then I just happened to touch that Red Arrow ⬆️ on the quoted text takes and it takes one right back to the post I was looking for...it's a great day indeed...:D

As for that capsule...fingers crossed and thankfully the journey from the barn so far has stayed as found at least physically...

I now remember you going to see it and posting some pics with the story...thanks for that update TB...;)

So your saying it was bought prior to Hershey by someone and put up for sale there...

Did it sell at Hershey?
    Not sure if you would know or not just curious...​

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  26. DougMac

DougMac

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. it did not sell at Hershey. I was informed it made an appearance at a show here in ct, Sunday.
    the red arrow will get you back to the post, the return arrow on your computer will get you back to the quoted post, post.

chryslerfan55, Hamtown Al and Stogy like this.
  28. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Clearly this is the same car not simply similar.
    When I saw a roll bar mount above the left side axle in a early pic it was easy to figure.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Shine, I was sorta oblivious to that connection...there's got to be a story behind it and it would be interesting to know it...for all I know there's a thread on it here...

30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@don colaps, why isn't your Hotrod here yet?...It is Time...;)

Post up a couple of your faves...maybe that's not your Yellow A Bone but it's got the look...;)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    chryslerfan55 and don colaps like this.