Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Old man winter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1ton, Oct 10, 2019.

1. 1ton

1ton

Winter is coming fast. Old man winter is knocking on our garage doors. For those of us that live with freezing temps in the winter, and don't have heated garages, now is the time to put your paint supplies and other stuff away. I have yet to install heat in my new garage so this weekend I will go through and relocate anything that cant be frozen. Get out your tattered and trusty coveralls and knit cap. If this coming winter will be anything like last year be prepared to hunker down for the long run. When my hands get cold my wife has me warm them between her legs. She often asks me if my ears are cold too.

2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hurry up!

I'm lucky... we live on a farm with barns and sheds for storage. The two and a half car attached garage is insulated, heated and finished. Only what has to be in there is in there.

So all of that is pretty much taken care of.

I'm just trying to get all my outside work done before it gets too cold, so I can hunker down in the garage this winter.

Build fence, two porches, steps and railings.
    Paint fence, two porches, steps and railings.
    Weld broken brush hog
    Trim trees
    Modify an organize shed
    Move other shed
    Grade driveway
    Finish Zander's bicycle and tractor
    Build shelves and bench for garage
    Whatever else I'm forgetting
    Oh yeah... put up a couple new storm doors and seal up the house for the winter

THEN maybe I can work on my Chrysler?

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

belair and catdad49 like this.
  3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

Dammit guys!!!! Just stop!!!! I know it's coming, but I don't want to hear it!!!!

catdad49 and 2935ford like this.

5. 1ton

1ton

Last Halloween while doing some exterior painting it snowed on me

catdad49 likes this.
  6. After this long hot summer & fall, I'm ready for cooler weather, last week we had a high of 98 degrees in October, that's nuts. HRP

BamaMav and Deuces like this.
  7. 1ton

1ton

Anybody out there got snow tires and chains for their hot rod? If so, you are one hard core son of a beach.

8. LAROKE

LAROKE

My home town in central Pennsylvania had 38 degrees on the newspaper website when I checked this morning. Meanwhile, here on the Gold Coast, yesterday's high at the shop was 111 degrees heat index. I'm still holding out for when I can work out there again without having the ambition baked out of me inside of fifteen minutes.

9. squirrel

squirrel

Sounds like what you really want is to be somewhere in the middle, between up north, and down south.

10. 2935ford

2935ford

My sentiments exactly!

11. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D To paraphrase an old song"Old Man Winter He Just Keeps Rollin Along":rolleyes::p.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

12. Deuces

Deuces

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

20191010_091150.jpg

14. 1ton

1ton

I bet his ears get cold.

15. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

We are finally starting to see tolerable temperatures here in Yuma, AZ. It's still been almost 100 during the day but cools down to the 60s or 70s at night. Winter here means I can be in the garage or outside more.

16. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Nothing to worry about guys, the whole globe is warm now. Up 0.1 degree in the past 30 years. Pretty sure Al Gore did it right after he invented the internet. Thanks Al.

3 inches of snow here since Friday. Of course, I didn't have the shop yard cleaned up from all the hurry up, hurry up summer projects. Got a reprieve, 40 degrees yesterday and didn't freeze last night, the snow is mostly gone now. 2 more days and I should be in pretty good shape around here. Snow usually doesn't stay until late October.

1ton, warm up those ears whenever you can.