Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri-Five Gassers...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CDN34Pickup, Aug 1, 2005.

1. loudbang

loudbang

2. Tri Five Gassers and Street Freaks...

LOST ANGEL likes this.
  3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I guess we have to accept the fact that these sad "interpretations" won't stop being built.
    That doesn't mean that people who know different should continue glorifying them.

4. On a "traditional" ,forum, no less.
    These are not kids who post some of this stuff here either. They should know better.
    Recently, one of the mods started a crackdown on the Junior Stock thread..It seems some of the guys were talking about late 60's Camodes with big blocks etc.. BTW , the Jr Stock era ended in late 1971.
    What I don't understand is why some of his o/t stuff, not so well hidden in Tri-5 bodies, is allowed here.
    Maybe one of the mods could explain it.

5. This shouldn’t require pulling the panties out of anyone’s bunghole....

46953857-CDCA-4245-9A71-7FDA52D586B4.jpeg

6. Preskitt, AZ - Prescott, AZ is kinda like Frankenstein - Frankenstien, ain't it??;):)

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Nope. The 2nd example was probably just another sign painter who can't spell. I've worked with plenty of them!
    Probably in conjunction with the "builder", who was in the same situation.
    If someone comes around here and says "Pres -COTT, we know he's either a Yankee or from Cali. :eek:

8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Probably..

9. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Despite the fact that I could typically care less about a big block camaro or big block mustang I do tend to have a little more grace when the topic goes a little well OT with actual NHRA tech inspectors/actual race car guys from the jr stock era having a conversation opposed to when we land in the street freak zone. With that being said I definitely didn’t catch the “fuel injected” 150 on my phone as being carbs. Definitely can’t catch everything on a little screen. just one man’s opinion

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

enloe and loudbang like this.
  10. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Kool one LB, but he needs to bring the rear up to match the front so he
    can clear the Mickey Thompson L60s. That's the pic I want
    to see. Keep
    'em coming.

zzzzz55.JPG

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    exterminator, 41 coupe, enloe and 2 others like this.
  11. loudbang

loudbang

Therein lies the problem. There are hundreds of "OPINIONS" on what a gasser is and all of them are correct "In the OPINION" for the person replying.

Here is the very first post in this thread.
    Post up some pics of some tri-five gassers. I searched and only found a few on 55's. My dad has a 55 chevy, and I am thinking about buying a 57 wagon to make a gasser out of. Anyway post some pics please!

Note there is NO DEFINITION of "gasser" given. So if you do not enjoy looking at what is posted why give yourself heartburn clicking in here. ;)

Or start your own thread for Tri Fives "Real Authentic Tri Five cars that actually raced in gas class" or whatever floats your boat. :rolleyes:

12. Deuces

Deuces

Amen!!!!!.....

13. LB, I went back and read that post the other day. The guy said he was going to build a 57 and wanted some inspiration. That could be construed as meaning he was building a street car with 60's influence only.
    However, I asked him ,about a year ago, (couldn't find the post) if he meant seeing real, original gassers, and he said yes. Now, 14 years later , there's a whole bunch of new builds out there that I would call wannabee gassers
    So, I suppose I should have offering more leeway on what you and a few others post here.
    Still, I'm no fan of fairground cruisers , street freaks, " show" cars, and generally way off the mark "gassers". The history is too important to me and some others here, on this vintage forum.
    I'm sure you guys will continue to post whatever tri 5's you find . Also pretty sure that I'll continue to point out what's wrong with them, in a traditional sense, for those who actually care.

Church Key and enloe like this.
  14. There’s probably more tri 5 “gassers” today than when they were actually running at the track back in the day..if we could only post “vintage gassers” this thread would be on about page 50 by now and never been seen by anybody.

I get it..I’m not a fan of the fake spindle mounts either...not really into whitewall cheater slicks either...I’m more of a steel wheel out back ( painted, chrome ) and some sort of period wheel up front..Americans ( not D spokes ), Cragers, Fentons, ET, hell there were a half a dozen 5 spoke wheels bitd...

Drag Race type threads are a slippery slope on the HAMB...pre 64 drag racing is great...but drag racing got huge after 64 and was even bigger in the later 60’s early 70’s...think about the last race at Lions, fuelers at OCIR...hell super stockers at Detroit Dragway...your gonna get some 68 Plymouth lumped in a pic of a 56 Chevy..the other thing is the magazines really stared featuring drag racing heavily in about the mid 60’s....Super Stock, Popular Hot Rodding, and about a half dozen Drag specific magazines.

I guess what I’m saying is everyone needs to lighten up..straight axle, cheater slicks, big motor...Gasser of today...that’s how it’s viewed by the masses....

Flame suit on... 22C0E645-5229-48F8-AA2E-934D3E1C2D1D.jpeg

Ron Funkhouser, enloe, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  15. Just my point! It was likely misspelled just like Prescott was misspelled. I've lived in AZ previously and still have relatives there, so I knew exactly what you meant. But, someone from the East Coast looking at that would not know where you were talking about. Some geographically knowledgeable person may have figured that you meant Prescott, but were just another cowboy from AZ who couldn't spell. Perhaps the '57 Chevy owner misspelled Frankenstein on purpose, too, maybe to be different or maybe to confuse and get people to notice his car. Who knows?? Bottom line is that I agree with you 100% that folks should make every effort to post what the thread is about and not post anything that they want. Chiding the guy for misspelling the car's name was just getting too far down in the weeds.:)

loudbang likes this.
  16. C'mon now..That's not all I made fun of on that one :rolleyes:

65pacecar likes this.
  17. vetteguy402

vetteguy402
    from omaha, ne

What you running for power? I love an engine that can rev.
    Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

65pacecar and loudbang like this.
  18. L B

L B
    from So Cal

Damn , that was an old post !
    So , my 55 is powered by a 671 blown 383. That mutha turns some RPM.

65pacecar and loudbang like this.
  19. vetteguy402

vetteguy402
    from omaha, ne

31hotrodguy, enloe and loudbang like this.
  20. loudbang

loudbang

21. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Not a Gasser but Hallmark has a 55 Chevy Ornament for Christmas this year. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang and enloe like this.
  22. L B

L B
    from So Cal

DAF4418F-3830-45C0-9BD7-7B7E49BC8295.jpeg So I posted a B&W photo of my 55 Chevrolet on August 2, 2005 which ended out on the 1st page of this thread, and thought that I would repost a current pic of the same car that still resides in my garage.

23. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Study this car kids!

24. Honestly, It really doesn't get any better than that.
    Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

enloe and chevy57dude like this.
  25. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  26. loudbang

loudbang

Munstermash

munstemash1.JPG

munstemash2.JPG

Night Stalker

Night-Stalker-.jpg