Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Vintage Holley dual single barrel carbs ? ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JD Miller, Oct 1, 2019.

1. JD Miller

JD Miller

Can Anyone Identify these vitage holley carbs and Nicson dual carb manifold of a old ford 6 cylinder motor? Any value here?

ID the motor too? Junk metal scarp guy is taking the motor in two days if not worth anything. Was a project motor for a Woodill car we think

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Deuces likes this.
  2. Ford 215. Made 52-53. The exhaust manifold is pretty hard to find in one piece.
    Intake should fit a 223 also.

sidevalve8ba likes this.
  3. JD Miller

JD Miller

4. Maybe reach out to the inline Ford folks.

5. GTS225

GTS225

The carbs are Holley, model 1904's, with the "Vis-A-Bowl" glass float bowl. Used (roughly) from 1954 to 1962, on Ford inline 6's. There is a narrow demand for them.

Roger

sidevalve8ba likes this.
  6. Fordors

Fordors

Is that also a transmission adapter in the last photo? The early OHV 6 cylinder doesn’t share a bell housing bolt pattern with anything else so it could be a low demand item, but if it is an adapter you may want to save it.

7. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

Got the same setup for sale over here in the UK but on Offenhauser manifold , that looks like a V8 flathead bellhousing that's the only other that has same bolt pattern as 215 and 223 engine

8. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

The engine is either 215 or 223 , if the cylinder head ports are the same size of the intake chances are its a 215 as they look small on the manifold , the 223 has bigger ports on the head , there are a few other differences but I cant think what at the moment

9. Better pics of the engine would make for a positive ID. There are a bunch of good parts on that engine....it's worth way more than scrap price parted out.

10. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

Looks like somebody cared for it , on a stand and painted up , too good to scrap , if you don't get any takers on the carbs and manifold there maybe somebody over here who could be interested I can always pass on your details

11. JD Miller

JD Miller

Thanks for all the repies and info... Basically I'm rescuing parts. the Junk Man is going to haul whats left on Thursday. Shop must be cleaned out dead line. Hate to see old stuff of possible value get junked

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Couple pinto motors
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  12. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

I believe the 223 was available mated to a C4 automatic in 1964 only, so a bellhousing does exist for that combo, although it's probably pretty rare.

The four banger with a Weber in the last post also looks too good to junk.

What else is in that shop?

13. If you were closer I would come get the whole motor. But don't toss the intake and carbs, my son is putting togeteher a little speedster on an A frame and I gave him the 223 out of my 54 F100 for it. id be interested in it if you want to let it go.

14. It's a 215 for sure, note the location of the distributor. Save everything that will unbolt! Most of the parts will work on a 223.
    If you were closer I'd take the whole engine......I only have 5 of those early Ford sixes.
    Guys on the ford-trucks.com site are always looking for parts.

15. carbking

carbking

Will leave the engine to others.

As to the carburetors:

Assemble (A) a wire brush, (B) pencil eraser, (C) strong light, (D) strong magnifying glass, and (E) a pair of young eyes.

Now, orient the carburetors such that the word "Holley" is visible on the bowl. Now, using the wire brush, followed by the pencil eraser, clean the side of the boss that contains the fuel inlet that is facing you. Finally, using the light, glass, and the young eyes, read the identification number from the area you just cleaned.

Once you have the number, Google is your friend. The number, with application, should be listed on my website.

Jon.

16. JD Miller

JD Miller

Junk guy gets the motor tomorrow , damn shame...
    I already scrounged too much stuff and tools

17. xhooligan_skeeterx

xhooligan_skeeterx

JD I sent you a PM.

18. Shoeboxstinky

Shoeboxstinky

Are the intake and carbs still available?