Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Neat find in Beggs OK.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemiman 426, Sep 29, 2019.

1. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

hahahaaaa - guilty as charged! sorry for the "stupid" comment guys

Hemiman 426 likes this.
  2. leon bee

leon bee

I work on this old shit cause it needs saved. Try not to spend too much on it, but I don't give a fuck about making money on it. That's what jobs, or maybe real estate, are for.

Hubnut, WB69, cactus1 and 4 others like this.
  3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rusty, the '39 Ford P/U that is my avatar is just that, rusty. It has a Studebaker bed that some farmer installed back in the day. It certainly isn't a beauty queen but it has a good running 12 volt 8ba with EAB heads, a Bubba Chevy distributor, good brakes, and shocks. I drive it most every day and when I drove it to a swap meet on Saturday I could have sold it at least 10 times plus once more on the drive home. Point is, not every car/truck has to be perfect. If it runs well and is safe that's what really matters, IMHO. Yes, I'd love to have a great looking truck like the '29 Model A panel I saw at the meet but old Rusty does me just fine for now and probably forever.

Hnstray, OLSKOOL57 and Hemiman 426 like this.
  4. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Well Gman, we make stupid comments and are out of touch. I guess if I could bring myself to blow a thousand bucks at a strip club I wouldn't mind dumping the money in a piece of junk pickup. I wasn't trying to piss anybody off and I could give a shit less what some one likes or spends their money on.
    Opinions are like assholes, every body has one, some times I guess mine are not too popular;)

5. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Looks like something that would end up at my place! lol
    There's probably no money to be made there....but who cares? This hobby is suppose to be about having fun. Taking something like that and making it go down the road again is priceless.

6. ^^^you got it.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  7. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I don't think Jake is in the mood to sell that panel. Saw your truck, it looked good.
    I don't build hot rods on a what will it be worth when I am done, I build vehicles that I like and can afford. I bought a 59 ford Panel out of junk yard with half a y block only one front fender almost no steering and an inside that was 70 hippy van. for years all my friends said it would never drive. But I found an same year truck (59 long bed for $200) and robbed the front clip, doors seat, and all the little stuff I could find. A few months later it was sorta running and driving.
    I drove it for 5 years, but it was time to move it along. A good friend that is in the twilight of his building life got it. He was a bit down on life, but once he got the panel, it revitalized his life and jumped in and did a bunch of light little work that I had put off, new upholster for the seat, install air, paint the inside, and fix the rust holes.
    My desire to get a piece of junk running made it possible for a friend to extend his hot rod life.
    Its on the other side of the Ute
    MoonEyesChristmasShow2012028.jpg

Nostrebor, Chavezk21, Hnstray and 6 others like this.
  8. I'm of the belief you can build to make a buck, and have fun doing it.

9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

59 ford panel, A ute. cheeeeze i would take either one. Good deal with the friend.I'd give you a thumbs up if i knew how!!!

town sedan and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  10. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I lost money on the deal, but a friend is a friend, and his smile is worth a million dollars.

Nostrebor, Algoma56, ccain and 6 others like this.
  11. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I had a thousand bucks to spend;) at a strip club, somebody else better be doing all the blowing

raven, ccain and brokedownbiker like this.
  12. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Ain’t that the truth !!!!

Hemiman 426 likes this.
  13. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++

raven likes this.
  14. I know someone who could triple his dough on that thing by tomorrow....

Boneyard51 likes this.
  15. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

You're so right. I thought this was a hobby though some treat it as a business. That would make a great starter project for any guy or gal. Not everyone can have a '32 Ford and not everyone wants one. Somebody new to the hobby could do a lot worse. Rebuilding mechanical features is a lot easier than gearing up for body work with a lot more expensive tools to be bought like a welder, air compressor, etc.

As far as popularity goes it's a truck...those things a way popular these days.

town sedan, Hemiman 426 and Sum54ford like this.
  16. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's where you are different from most of us. I'm sure boards like this one started out as hobbyist forums. I think you "for profit" builders should start your own board.

Hubnut, Sum54ford, leon bee and 2 others like this.
  17. I agree, I build oddball shit just because....because I love it, if I sold anything I would lose my ass on every one of them

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

18. liliysdad

liliysdad
    from Oklahoma

The same folks who bitch about the lack of young folks getting involved in hot rodding are often the same ones running their suck about other folks projects, and bemoaning their inability to turn a buck.

Some of us like our grungy old shit...and make fun of the old guys in their shiny show rods with the perennial For Sale sign. Such is the way of the world.

19. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, those guys with the "For Sale" signs with outrageous prices painted permanently on the quarter windows of their cars always get a chuckle from me.

Boneyard51 and Hnstray like this.
  20. liliysdad

liliysdad
    from Oklahoma

I always enjoy the dudes who want so much for their junk they went and had vinyl decals with the price made for the windows....

Boneyard51 likes this.
  21. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I have been offered stupid money for my daily driver 56 chevy PU ... Had a blast building it , driving it every day and just enjoying the shit out of it. Been to CHRR six time's and Pleasanton once . I have autocrossed it , run it down the 1/8 th mile and generally beat the snot out of it...Looked pretty much like that F100 when I got it, Kinda looks better now?:D Still not for sale...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Boneyard51, Hnstray and town sedan like this.
  22. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

EHH we beat this one to death.

town sedan likes this.
  23. exterminator

exterminator

Lot of us are old guys and we like to share our vast knowledge. Where else do we give our wisdom and people listen or read? Our kids? LOL

Hemiman 426 and town sedan like this.
  24. town sedan

town sedan

This really comes home after the 1st of your same age friends bite the big one.
    -Dave

Boneyard51, Hemiman 426 and Hnstray like this.
  25. If your first thought is what will it be worth when finished, you are in the wrong hobby and on the wrong web site!

26. jazz1

jazz1

Its too much time and money for people who source out the work. I do all my own work which is supposedly fun stuff, big part of the hobby. When shopping for a project I only looking for a good body and frame.

46international, Texas57 and lostmind like this.
  27. I have never bought a project car on what it will be worth when done, I bought them because they were cool, I could afford them and improve them. And I have had a lot of fun doing just that.
    Just wanted to get that in before this gets locked down.

jazz1 and Hubnut like this.
  28. What Sum54ford said.........they were cheap and plentiful back in the day - hell if your son or someone wants to get a start - that would be it.

jazz1 likes this.