Register now to get rid of these ads!

History no time like snow time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goldmountain, Sep 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. It was 97 here today. Set a record. But I would still rather have upper 90s than that white crap...cause I heard it was cold when that stuff falls...:eek:

2. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Keep that crap away from here.

da34guy likes this.
  3. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Yep, Global Warming exactly. One of its characteristics is unusual weather occurrences and larger extremes in the usual weather patterns. It is not snow in July but the change-up in weather patterns. We've all seen it with hurricanes going off the charts, hot weather when it should be cooler, etc. There is no denying it though a lot of people confuse climate with weather. Saying that I don't believe the old car hobby has much to do with it at all.

51504bat, osage orange, Baumi and 2 others like this.
  4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Moved to Kentucky from upstate NY about 5-months ago and very much looking forward to never, repeat NEVER, seeing snow again, at least huge amounts of it ! Had enough after the last 72 years.

osage orange likes this.
  5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We fired up the wood stove on Friday and that was the earliest we can remember in 18 years.
    My cousin shared this this morning from East Glacier Montana yesterday. Snow in east glacier montana.jpg

osage orange, flatheadpete and Deuces like this.
  6. gene-koning

gene-koning

We are just getting rain, lots of rain. Tired of rain...
    I have some stuff I need to get done outside before we get cold and snow, last year, winter came here mid Oct and never really left.
    Its suppose to be in the 80s here tomorrow and Tues, but they are calling for highs in the low 50s by the end of the week. I think I'm going to get started on that outside work tomorrow. The project inside the shop will wait a few days. Gene

osage orange and Deuces like this.
  7. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

We got our first dusting of snow in Northern Nevada this weekend , freeze warnings posted for this week , ice on the windshield etc. The Sierra's still have patches leftover from last winter.
    IMG_0495.JPG

RMR&C, Deuces and OFT like this.
  8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm happy to say that so far Edmonton is snow free.
    At least for now :D Hope I didn't just screw us all :eek: :D

osage orange likes this.
  9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I don't mind the snow...in fact, I can't wait! Lots of funto be had in the snow...I love using my 9N to clear snow. This pic was from a -10* day. FF7245B1-8846-4D21-A6C0-3638322C99B2.jpeg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    Our camping trip to the Upper Peninsula last year. It was great!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  10. We haven't had any measurable precipitation in so long, it's bone dry here, last thing that fell was hail. HRP

osage orange and Deuces like this.
  11. jvo

jvo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Headed outside to shovel. Our grandson, who is six, said yesterday was the best day of his life, playing in the snow. Funny, I don't feel the same enthusiasm for it. We only got 2 feet here, but as pictured in the pics from East Glacier, MT, Waterton Park, just across the 49th parallel from there, showed a guy walking down main street with snow up past his belt buckle.

Deuces likes this.
  12. goldmountain

goldmountain

It finally stopped snowing long enough for me to get out to shovel a path to take this picture. There is a HAMB friendly car under there - somewhere. IMG_1339.JPG

13. Omaha area...
    90s and windy today.....next 3 days will be up to 6" of rain they say. Our Missouri river is already swollen and has been above flood stage since March. We just yesterday got some highways open after being under water for months. Looks like they'll be under water again after Tues/Wed downpours.
    50/60 degree temps starting this evening. Summer here is officially OVER!

osage orange and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Deuces

Deuces

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..... Everywhere you go...... Ok, I'll stop before I get hit with a shit storm..... :(;)

15. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Just a little bobsled we call the old Saint Nick
    But she'll walk a toboggan with a four speed stick
    She's candy apple red with a ski for a wheel
    And when Santa hits the gas man just watch her peel

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  16. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg

chryslerfan55, 65pacecar and Deuces like this.
  17. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

It's well into the 80's here in mid-Michigan today. And humid....humidity sucks!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. jazz1

jazz1

3B939796-A4FF-41F2-B94F-296BA6E112BD.jpeg 100 miles of dashing through the snow this morning, NW Ontario(English River to Kakabeka Falls)
    Great to be a Northerner:D

flatheadpete likes this.