Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. wvenfield

wvenfield

So.........going to finish the story?

Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  2. Crkrjac

Crkrjac
    from Waxhaw NC

Unreal. It was all green. He totally blows off the real violation, the red Jeep with unsafe lane change. I think he was looking for bragging rights to tell all his buddies that he pulled over and illegitimately ticketed the famous Quick & Dirty!
    Easy win in court. Just sucks the time that you will waste dealing with B.S.

3. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

WOW - guess he didn't notice the dash cam LOL - way to target an out of state driver Rosco and give the local guy a free pass for doing something stupid- this video should go viral

4. If you had a gallon of gas in the oil I'm surprised you couldn't smell it each time the valve covers came off. Good thing you found it. When you change the seal make sure the new one is compatible with the fuel you are using. Racing gas has alot of alchohol in it. That's why you see the white powdered corrosion on aluminum parts.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    chryslerfan55, enloe and loudbang like this.
  5. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

4132348-l.jpg

Reminds me of this guy - did he check you for equipment violations too?

6. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

What I wouldn't give to be at that hearing! Post up what happens. There was a cop like that in Beaver Springs, PA. With the advent of dash cams and cellphone cams, he was proved to be crooked and fired. Finally.

OahuEli, Dog_Patch and enloe like this.
  7. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Glad to see Q&D finally coming back around reliability and ET wise, hopefully in Aiken you can put a few cars on the trailer. Just hoping one of them isn't mine

Dog_Patch, enloe and loudbang like this.
  8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Went back and looked again and yes, that traffic light was green as a gourd, and the Jeep did make an unsafe lane change:mad: First time I watched it my focus had been on GSP car when I spotted it, and I didn't see the traffic light. What town were you in? After you bust his ass in court and make a fool outta him, and the ticket thrown out, then is the time to write a letter to the top man of GSP and copy in Governor Kemp. Back when my son was going to A&P school in Americus, GA and coming home on weekends driving a flashy, hot rodded Mustang with "racing stripes", etc, he got stopped by a GSP trooper for no good reason and then did his best to antagonize my son to the point he would say or do something outta line and also wrote him a bogus ticket. When I got finished with writing letters, etc, we beat the ticket and the damn trooper lost his Corporal stripes:cool:
    I need to get me one of those Go Pro cameras. Where is the best place to get one, Tony? Any tips on what model, etc. to get?

9. Well the court date is Nov 1st - the test and tune day for Shadyside finals - 7am so I'll be there at 6am with my laptop.

I almost posted it to Facebook - but - if the judge is his buddy it might get messy. Its the good ole boy south ya know.

I got these off Amazon after our head on wreck 3 years ago. ALWAYS have one running on my dash now. I've got another video of a guy in front of me txting and driving on the wrong side for like 1/4 mile. Almost made a mess before he looked up.

10. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

If you had your race car on the trailer behind the M?H, The red light was not really why he stopped you.
    Race car haulers have been known to transport illegal substance, The cop just had to have a reason to pull you over for a minor thing so he could make
    the decision to call in for the dog sniffers ...
    Know this from the many years i traveled all over the country and was stopped in several states for similar deals like you.

chryslerfan55 and Dog_Patch like this.
  11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Suspect Joe may well be correct in the real reason for the stop. There have been several big name racers caught uo in this in the past, even in Indy car racing and SCCA road raccers.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  12. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

Correct me if I'm wrong. But you were driving on a one way section street, towards the officer in the parking lot on the opposite side of the intersection. How did he see the light turn red from the opposite side? There are no opposing lanes or lights in the video. Do they have special telltales down south? Or does he have x-ray vision? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OahuEli and Dog_Patch like this.
  13. savannahDan

savannahDan

there were two troopers, a spotter and a catcher. If the spotter was a little distance back, he *could* have made an honest mistake perceiving the depth of Tonys MH/trailer vs the timing of the light. My experience with GSP has been that are pretty decent dudes overall. I will say that if it were county sheriff, and if they pulled you over, it would have been to talk about the car.

14. Ok this might be the case because he sneaked up on me real slow and his eyes were like he seen a ghost so who knows what was in his head. I can for sure tell you what was in my head.......

15. Fiddle Picker

Fiddle Picker

What a BLIND Jerk !!!

16. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Lmfao that’s awesome dog patch. It’s perfect. Lol. I encountered a similar incident recently I just showed up to court with my video proof and the prosecutor was nice enough to dismiss the case and the judge was pissed I guess the prosecutor wasn’t in on the whole deal but the judge sure was lol good luck to ya man

chryslerfan55, OahuEli, enloe and 2 others like this.
  17. So did you bring a laptop? Did he watch the whole thing? Wondering if I need 11x17 color photos of the green light or what.

18. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

chryslerfan55, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  19. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

Period correct too! :)

Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  20. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I had photos on my phone my deal was a speed trap not a traffic light the speed limit went from 55 to 30 and no sign and in Missouri at least if the speed limit drops more than 15 mph its law that there is supposed to be a reduced speed ahead sign there was neither that or a speed limit sign that you could see and I was the first one to fight the bs ticket funny thing is the town still has not cut the bush down that the speed limit sign is behind I would say the more evidence you have the better off you are I would take your laptop to play the video and have some still photos printed of the blatantly green light most people don’t fight it they just pay the fine and go on but I’ll be damned if I’m gonna pay for something that I didn’t do

chryslerfan55, OahuEli, enloe and 3 others like this.
  21. Many small towns in Illinois operated those quick reduce speed limit speed traps. The state legislature passed a law that no speeding tickets could be written within 200 ft of a sign that lowered the speed limit. Its a fact that many places use the practice of issuing tickets to generate revenue.

enloe and Dog_Patch like this.
  22. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

A couple of friends of mine who live in Virginia were there, both hard core gearheads like me. This was their first event seeing old style Gasser racing. One of 'em who runs a 10 second Charger decided before the end of the race that he wanted to build a car to run with SEGA. (I knew that was going to happen before they ever went to the race.:D) He said they got to talk to Quain, Donovan and a few others and said everyone was real nice, just like the ol days. I'm sure if SEGA goes back there again the crowds will get bigger.

23. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

Agreed on the crowd growing. Hope the track owners see that too. Need time for the word to spread.

Fiddle Picker, loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  24. That’s exactly what happened to me - went a race and it was all down hill after that. Best time of my life.

Nice article on @402BOSSMAN effort on Hemi engine development
    https://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/whats-old-is-new-again-early-hemi-engines-deliver-big-power/

25. catdad49

catdad49

Eli, this scenario happens more often than not. It's not just the cars/racing that impress everyone, the people that are involved are really like Family. Get your buddy to start a build thread on here and tell him not to be afraid to ask questions because Quain will definitely get him straight!

26. loudbang

loudbang