Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Neat find in Beggs OK.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemiman 426, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Son was at the U-Pull in Beggs and saw this.. Would be a good project and cheap! 584.jpg 584.jpg 582.jpg ferd1.jpg ferd1.jpg

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Would take more dough to restore it than it will ever be worth.
    A money pit, for sure.

3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aren't they all?

4. Thanks, I didn't even know there was a you-pull in Beggs.

Hemiman 426 likes this.

5. A Boner

A Boner

6. why restore it? why not hotrod it? after all, isn't this place all about hotrods? that ford is no different than any 4 door off brand anything that's getting hotrodded these days. Hell, its even got that used look that's so acceptable now days. Bet that truck could tell some great stories. and a hobby is supposed to be a money pit, otherwise it would be called a low wage job without benefits.

raven, Hnstray, Martin_F and 4 others like this.
  7. ...if you can't buy that and get it runnin/drivin for cheap fun, you ain't no hot rodder, if it were in my neighborhood, I'd own it already.
    ...some of you guys look at things differently I guess.

8. jazz1

jazz1

Seems reasonable for a complete vehicle.

nochop likes this.
  9. Gman0046

Gman0046

Can't see the $950 price tag as its way too rough. It wouldn't be worth it for me at any price. Needs too much money and labor to make it some thing decent. You have to ask yourself what would it be worth finished. A losing proposition for sure. Anyone thinking otherwise has never been involved in a decent build.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. gto66pont

gto66pont

Looks like a good start not been hacked up on. Y block. I would do it

11. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

To the guys that think it looks like cheap fun and driver material, go for it. To the other guys that see it as it is and the money to be spent to make it any thing decent, I am on your side. I have learned the hard way that a cheap driver project easily turns into a big dollar PIA and is seldom worth your time or money. I have seen too many guys(and girls too) pick up a project like this one, tear it all apart to rebuild it and a few years later after they threw a bunch of money at it and it is still all apart in the garage, either junk it or sell it to some other dreamer for a big $ lose.

Gman0046 likes this.
  12. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I ain't skeered:D

jazz1, Hnstray and Hemiman 426 like this.
  13. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Looks like it’s a cheap way into shop truck, or first hobby car for a grand kid to keep them grounded, in my opinion

eddie1 and Hemiman 426 like this.
  14. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

In Minnesota we would call it mint condition, and go for a lot more money.

15. I'd buy that in a heartbeat if it was near me!

DonnyK, eddie1, nochop and 1 other person like this.
  16. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Those of you saying "it's too rough for the money" should take a little stroll thru the HAMB classifieds … there's a whole batch of outright scrap in there for 5 times the money.

17. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

in massachusetts they would be trying to get $3000 for that truck , if i was closer id buy it and make a shop hauler out of it

DonnyK, nochop and Hemiman 426 like this.
  18. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

what stupid comments from some out of touch people - price a "done" one.....yes 57-60 are the "orphan" years but have started to gain popularity - price out that tailgate or a rebuildable 292 y-block......I bet you'd bitch if it was free....you can barely have a good time in a strip club for under a grand.....nevermind get a project with less than four doors.....

eddie1, scrubby2009, lilmann and 3 others like this.
  19. Gman0046

Gman0046

BuckeyeBuicks has it right. I agree with his assessment and wouldn't take the pick up if it was free. To me or any experienced builder its not worth the time, money or effort. The questions remains, if completed what would it be worth? Not much. What is a decent paint job worth? More then this pick up will ever be worth.
    I only build cars that I can turn a profit on. Maybe I just don't see the value in a Y block 292 and a complete redo on a ragged out body and chassis.

20. sunbeam

sunbeam

exterminator likes this.
  21. statesblue

statesblue
    from Luzerne Pa

22. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Sometimes its not about making a buck or making it mint , a young guy with a few bucks and more sweat that he bargained for and hes got his dream truck. nothin wrong with that.

Hnstray, OLSKOOL57, nochop and 3 others like this.
  23. First off; what's a "decent build"?...(you'd probly get pages of different opinions on that subject).....it's all in your point of view,...if all you want is a show worthy vehicle that's worth more than what you put into it, then that truck is not for you;
    ...on the other hand I know I could update the suspension and running gear, make it safe and reliable, and start havin a lot of fun with that truck for only a small portion of what a nice paint job would cost nowadays,
    ...shiny paint, crate motors, all the latest gizmos,frame-off builds, etc. don't equate to fun in my book....I hope someone grabs that Ford and enjoys just having a cool old truck.
    ..it's great there are so many ways to have fun with old cars/trucks...

24. adam401

adam401

Pfff thats not a big deal. If you want an old truck thats a driver you could put it together cheap. 950 bucks. Thats side project money Buy a 32 33 or 34 Ford then weld the bottom 8 inches back onto it and get it running. Now that hurts haha. Ask me how I know.

Its funny how chippy this thread has gotten. Everybodys been havin Sunday drinks maybe.

Hnstray, cactus1, hidez57 and 2 others like this.
  25. AMEN, Good preach'en brother Rusty!;)

26. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

27. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

28. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

0A2D827F-4F88-44EA-8478-1AF993E6B4A4.jpeg What it’s worth depends on what you like. My grandfather bought one new in 1959. When he came to live with us, in 1962, it was our main truck on the ranch for many years.I rode in the back of it from Oklahoma, to Ventura, California. So I have a soft spot for them, but oddly do not really want to build one. What’s funny to me people see that real crappy paint and turn their heads, but most any truck you start with will need paint! What I look at is rust , this truck looks fairly solid. Would love to have that chrome grill, our 1959 had a painted grill. I still have the tail gate stored in the rafters in the garage. My grandfather took it off in 1959 to put a camper on the truck,the tail gate never got put back on.

Bones

Thor1, town sedan, alanp561 and 2 others like this.
  29. Sum54ford

Sum54ford
    from St. Louis

It really kind of blows my mind to see so many negative comments on this site and people shooting down other people’s ideas. When we run out of guys who are willing to take on projects and pull cars and trucks out yards and try and save them this hobby is over. To all you guys who make so much money on your builds that’s great but there are plenty of guys who put more in to them than they are really worth because they love them. Oh well end of rant.

30. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Some folks build to make a buck. Some folks build to have fun. I've noticed, the older i get, and start losing old friends, Having fun means a heleuva lot more to me. JMHO.

WB69, AmishMike, bigboy308 and 14 others like this.